Pages:
Author

Topic: blockchain is shitty - page 2. (Read 2429 times)

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
June 28, 2014, 03:37:01 PM
pls make the blochain faster im fedup of waiting 100 confirmations i fought bittcon woz supposed to be instant im waiting half a day to convert them to doggiecoin
Your spelling, gramar, typing, capitalization, and attitude are all shitty.

Defecation and language/expression issues aside, he's just confused. Coin maturation a subtle topic that few ever encounter...most miners have a level of insulation from what is actually going on provided by the pool.

I wouldn't blame anyone for not knowing what he is complaining about. But don't be fooled into thinking that doggie coin doesn't have a maturation process. It's another easily adjusted variable just like all the variables that define the altcoins (derived from Bitcoin that is...).
BTW thanks for being the only one to actually answer his question.  I was about to answer when I saw yours.
donator
Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
June 28, 2014, 03:32:48 PM
pls make the blochain faster im fedup of waiting 100 confirmations i fought bittcon woz supposed to be instant im waiting half a day to convert them to doggiecoin
Your spelling, gramar, typing, capitalization, and attitude are all shitty.

Defecation and language/expression issues aside, he's just confused. Coin maturation a subtle topic that few ever encounter...most miners have a level of insulation from what is actually going on provided by the pool.

I wouldn't blame anyone for not knowing what he is complaining about. But don't be fooled into thinking that doggie coin doesn't have a maturation process. It's another easily adjusted variable just like all the variables that define the altcoins (derived from Bitcoin that is...).
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha
June 28, 2014, 03:32:14 PM
I think the positives of faster confirms out weigh the fact that you need to wait for more confirms to get the same level of confirmation. Although I'm definitely open to hearing why I'm wrong.

It would be nice if bitcoin was faster but I don't think we're ever going to see that.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
June 28, 2014, 03:24:32 PM

Sorry for the problems dude! You'd probably feel better if you stopped pooing yourself. That's gotta be causin a nasty rash.
donator
Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
June 28, 2014, 03:21:22 PM
first fail:
he is using a crappy pool. which was his choice to choose that service with that delay, he should choose a different pool.

second fail:
he simply wants to convert to dogecoin. he should simply mine dogecoin and hoard if he loves doge so much

third fail:
he should mine doge and sell them for bitcoin.. he would earn more.. as he doesn't realise mining bitcoins to throw at doge is losing him value,

Sounds like OP is experiencing something most people except real old timers and those really in to mining know about: coin maturation. Newly minted bitcoins aren't instantly usable. You gotta wait 100 blocks after you generate (now called mine) bitcoins before you can spend them.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Block_chain

"Blocks in shorter chains (or invalid chains) are not used for anything. When the bitcoin client switches to another, longer chain, all valid transactions of the blocks inside the shorter chain are re-added to the pool of queued transactions and will be included in another block. The reward for the blocks on the shorter chain will not be present in the longest chain, so they will be practically lost, which is why a network-enforced 100-block maturation time for generations exists."

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 28, 2014, 02:53:32 PM
It does seem like halving the block time and reward (5 minute/12.5 BTC) could help with some of the complaints about bitcoin without being a huge change. Not sure whether we should double the blocks till difficulty change or not though.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
June 28, 2014, 02:46:36 PM
the blockchain speed of 10 minutes is really the most optimal speed.

With shorter block times you will have more orphans and more incentives for miners to try to build on their orphaned blocks to make it so they are no longer orphaned. As a result a TX with 1 confirmation on the bitcoin blockchain is much more secure then a TX with 10 confirmations with a 1 minute block time on a hypothetical coin

Although, 1 confirmation is infinitely better than 0 confirmations.  This is one major advantage of shorter block times and definitely helps over-the-counter, in-person transactions.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 28, 2014, 01:48:53 PM

With shorter block times you will have more orphans and more incentives for miners to try to build on their orphaned blocks to make it so they are no longer orphaned. As a result a TX with 1 confirmation on the bitcoin blockchain is much more secure then a TX with 10 confirmations with a 1 minute block time on a hypothetical coin

I don't claim to know much about the inner workings of blockchain technology and cryptography, but the understanding I do have says this isn't right. Can this be explained more fully?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
June 28, 2014, 01:15:04 PM

legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
June 28, 2014, 01:11:53 PM
first fail:
he is using a crappy pool. which was his choice to choose that service with that delay, he should choose a different pool.

second fail:
he simply wants to convert to dogecoin. he should simply mine dogecoin and hoard if he loves doge so much

third fail:
he should mine doge and sell them for bitcoin.. he would earn more.. as he doesn't realise mining bitcoins to throw at doge is losing him value,

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
June 28, 2014, 01:06:48 PM

Who is asking for 100 confirmations from u ? 6 confirmations are enough for a 1000 BTC transaction.

He's a troll. Look at his obvious troll spelling/grammar/punctuation...

And most of his all, LOOK AT HIS NAME.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
June 28, 2014, 01:01:49 PM
i mined and it sent to my address and i hath withdrew it to an exchange to trade it for dogecoin im still waiting wot the fuckkkkk

17 confirmations from mining reward

1 confirmation from wallet to exchange

wot the fuck?Huh??

and ho put that shitty advertisement underneath my posts how do i get ridd of it someone hacke me?Huh
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
June 28, 2014, 12:57:36 PM

Who is asking for 100 confirmations from u ? 6 confirmations are enough for a 1000 BTC transaction.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
June 28, 2014, 12:52:10 PM
Pages:
Jump to: