Pages:
Author

Topic: blockchain wallet hacked and all fund has been taken out - page 2. (Read 6426 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501
recently one of my blockchain wallet has been hacked and the fund has been taken ..i have send message to blockchain but still no reply form them ..is there any way i can get the fund back ??

not sure why this happen ..this quite bad

Have you been using any online vanity generators lately? That seems to be the culprit of most hacks with a lot of people lately.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Op, have you traced the source of the hack? Have you scanned your machine for viruses, malware, malicious code?
Have you done something unusual recently, opened strange websites or files, installed browser add-ons etc.?

As others already said once attacker transferred coins to an outside address there is zero chance of you ever recovering them.
Blockchain's customer support is not gonna help you, because it was most likely security breach on your side. They won't refund you single satoshi.

Focus on making your other coins safe.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
This is really sad to hear...i am also going to increase security for my wallet...enable 2fa...did not know its common that wallets can be hacked and btc can be stolen..80usd is a big amount for me...but for any one having more btc its really risky
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
i don't think you have any chance of recovering your BTC if you were hacked. You know very well that bitcoin transfers are irreversible on the blockchain and therefore it is very difficult even for bockchain itself to help you. The only thing you need to do now is to ensure that you secure your account with a strong password and never share it with any other account/site. Most importantly, you should enable the 2FA on your account to enhance it's security. Otherwise, if you are tech-servy, you can also hack the address that your btc were transferred to recover them.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
You should probably do a disk wipe & install a fresh OS with a genuine antivirus in case there's any keylogger or something.
From next time keep that 2FA enabled on all wallets.

yes already taken action to secure wallet ..the max security they have
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io
You mean blockchain.info right?
Was it the old legacy wallet or a new one? Did you loose a lot of coins?

not much but around 80 us sir ..and also not able to figure out how this happen alos send blockchain about tthis so they can provide some solution or iisue how this happen still wating for that

Sorry for your loss bapparabi. It was 80USD? that's already big amount. Since bitcoin transaction is irreversible, I don't think you can get back your money. Just figure out how it happened and be a lesson. Make sure your wallet has a high level of security, enable 2FA. It's better if your wallet has different password from all of your accounts too. And also be extra careful on signing up on different websites, you must always check the url so that you'll not be a victim of phishing site.

Even 2fa can be bypass man its not really safe if your gmail was hit b phising site, and totally its no chance you can retrieve your stolen balance knowing bitcoin is anonymous and blockchain support cannot do anything to help you with that problem, the only thing you can do now is moveon and be careful for shortened links or any to good to be true offer that and required to log in your gmail account so you wont get compromise next time, AVOID PHISING.
Activity: 806
If you aren't sure what happened then should probably do a disk wipe & install a fresh OS with a genuine antivirus in case there's any keylogger or something.
From next time keep that 2FA enabled on all wallets. The funds are gone tho, blockchain.info won't do anything about it.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

not much but around 80 us sir ..and also not able to figure out how this happen alos send blockchain about tthis so they can provide some solution or iisue how this happen still wating for that

Sorry for your loss bapparabi. It was 80USD? that's already big amount. Since bitcoin transaction is irreversible, I don't think you can get back your money. Just figure out how it happened and be a lesson. Make sure your wallet has a high level of security, enable 2FA. It's better if your wallet has different password from all of your accounts too. And also be extra careful on signing up on different websites, you must always check the url so that you'll not be a victim of phishing site.

Activity: 910
Merit: 501
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
is there any way i can get the fund back ??
No. If your account was hacked and your BTC was sent to an address not in your wallet/account then your money is gone.

Your greatest concern should be to figure out how your account was hacked, and to prevent this from happening again.

Did you have any backups of your wallet on any online computers (and/or cloud storage)? Do you have AV? Did the theft happen somewhat around the time when you accessed your wallet (and entered your second password if you have one)?
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468
recently one of my blockchain wallet has been hacked and the fund has been taken ..i have send message to blockchain but still no reply form them ..is there any way i can get the fund back ??

I am pretty sure that you email-id registered was hacked. Might be a virus or maybe a keylogger. Blockchain has an IP-restriction system. New IP's aren't allowed until they have the new link send from blockchain asking for granting access.

Coins are gone and you can do nothing about it. You can still take a lesson about tightening security from this incident. Messaging blockchain also wouldn't help at this time. But still you van ask them for IP logs to know sonething more about it.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

most probably there nothing you can do to take your funds back.
because in 99.9999% of the hacked accounts the owner of that account is responsible for losing their money. so tell me why was your wallet hacked?
did you have 2FA enabled?
do you have a keylogger on your system?
how strong was your password and did you use the same password elsewhere?
did you use TOR?
Activity: 1078
Merit: 270
Chances are, they got your passphrase and password through a virus or social engineering.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

It's sad to know that man . If your wallet got hacked and the funds are taken there are no way to get your funds back you can contact the blockchain but i dont think that they can get your funds from the hacker just get it back to you . Next time you have to more careful maybe you have been a victim of a phiser or a phising site . You have to be aware to those sites that you are visiting and dont ever share your information and if you are going to register and make an account try to use a different password from your wallets password .

Pages:
Jump to: