Pages:
Author

Topic: blockchain.com - new scam - holding bitcoins for 7 days - page 2. (Read 411 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Now I can see a message saying: Your BTC will be available to be withdrawn within 7 days.
I feel scammed...all times before it was instant so when I know this, I would never use this service. Will close my account when funds released..
And guess what support and my ticket. 30 hours with no reply!

You shouldn't use blockchain.com, as it is one of the worst service providers in the ecosystem. They are not scammers, but they are inneficient, unsafe, require a lot of KYC, do not respect privacy, etc...

You should look for big exchanges, like coinbase, binance, kraken, bitstamp... and once you buy the bitcoin using your credit card/bank transfer you should immediatelly withdraw the money to your wallet (It is best to use a hardware wallet, such as ledger or trezor. I highly recommend that).
Activity: 5
Merit: 1
Now I can see a message saying: Your BTC will be available to be withdrawn within 7 days.
I feel scammed...all times before it was instant so when I know this, I would never use this service. Will close my account when funds released..
And guess what about support and my ticket... 30 hours with no reply!
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
Having the same problem
We can't do much here. Seeing that OP no longer ask for solution, you probably need to wait a few hours/day before you are allowed to move your coins. If you still can't do that, create a ticket. Blockchain is the only one who can help (if they want to).
Activity: 100
Merit: 0
Having the same problem
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
This is something the blockchain.com support should be able to assist you with. It looks like an internal error from their system. Try submitting a request to their support using this link: https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Select request type as Product Problems: Sending, Receiving, Settings, and Other Wallet, Lockbox, or Block Explorer Related Questions

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
The "Trading Wallet" is a custodial wallet where blockchain.com control the keys, so restoring from the passphrase will not help in this case. OP is trying to send the coins from this custodial wallet to the wallet which is backed up by his seed phrase.
Make sense and I missed it. In fact, I was not aware about it. The last time when I used blockchain.com wallet, I am sure there were no such things, of course it was long ago.
Thank you for replies. Transfers from trading wallets are allowed only to my own wallets from blockchain.com and there is no way to set a value of transaction fee. Please see https://1iq.cz/img/FrMQ4/4Ek4c.png
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
There is an alternative way (not sure if they still give 12 words the passphrase). Using the passphrase you can restore the wallet using Electrum or any other client and manage your coins.
The "Trading Wallet" is a custodial wallet where blockchain.com control the keys, so restoring from the passphrase will not help in this case. OP is trying to send the coins from this custodial wallet to the wallet which is backed up by his seed phrase.

Because you are transferring between wallets, this will generate a transaction which has to be broadcast to the network. Such a transaction cannot have zero fees. You'll need to change that to pay an appropriate fee. Be aware that the mempool is pretty backlogged at the moment so if you really need to make the transaction soon then you will have to pay a significant fee, in the region of 80-100 sats/vbyte.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
Not sure what is causing the error, maybe some restriction applied there like only after x hours/days, you can move the coins if you brought using credit card. Please check their terms and conditions.

There is an alternative way (not sure if they still give 12 words the passphrase). Using the passphrase you can restore the wallet using Electrum or any other client and manage your coins.
4 hours ago I bought BTC on blockchain.com as always. My account is fully verified. I got BTC instantly to my BTC Trading Wallet. But when I want to send them to My Bitcoin Wallet, there is an error "Your Bitcoin transaction failed to send. Please try again."

What to do? I need to use my bitcoins asap...

https://1iq.cz/img/FrMQ4/Vj3sc.png
Pages:
Jump to: