Author

Topic: Blockchain.info - Bitcoin Block explorer & Currency Statistics - page 104. (Read 482537 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

Someone suggested an app store type system where developers can write their own javascript apps. I really like this idea but it has big security implications, so for now if any developers want their game/app included please just PM me.

i would really love to have an appstore
to reduce security risks you could use an iframe with an sub-domain. but i understand your fear Wink

btw i think you could just take some btc to develop frontend for other services. since you started your satoshidice integration i used them more often (and always through your interface) - so i think they owe you a little.

regards
flower
Activity: 910
Merit: 1005
add hunger coins as well, please, in "frugal" mode.

Never heard of it before. Read through the thread and i like the concept. However at this point in time I cannot add it because it doesn't have a website or api.

I'm open to all suggestions for games. However they must meet some rules.

- Running for a least a few months.
- Website and API Available.
- Verifiable with the blockchain.

Someone suggested an app store type system where developers can write their own javascript apps. I really like this idea but it has big security implications, so for now if any developers want their game/app included please just PM me.

legendary
Activity: 2058
this space intentionally left blank
add hunger coins as well, please, in "frugal" mode.
Are you looking at every output or only outputs that are 0 BTC then seeing if they have a Message: prefix?

Yes scans for the prefix "Message:" and checks the first chunk of the script is ASCII.

Actually, message doesn't appear to have worked from "custom" page. Is it the usual "clear cache" routine?

Looks like a bug with the encode function. Should be fixed now.

Can't send BTC, getting the following error:

ReferenceError:  fee_policy is not defined.

Using the custom send mode.

Please clear your browsers cache and see if that helps. (Any problems with the interface the first port of call should always be to clear the cache).

Wouldn't it be possible to use the destination address to encrypt the message such that only the receiver with the private key could actually read it? I thought there was a method for recreating the public key from the address and that should be enough to encrypt to the private key. I could see a private message being very useful in many cases such as tagging payments with invoice # or order details. Or for political donations for id info.

Yes this should be possible. I think the public key can only be can only be found using an input script so the address receiving the message would have to used at least once. Decryption might be difficult as well with lack of client support.

Zero outputs might be considered non-standard since 0.7.0. https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/1711

Damn, didn't notice that. Should be a while before miners upgrade.

Is there a way with the blockchain.info wallet to separate wallets? For example, I'd like to have a spending wallet, but also multiple savings wallets, like retirement, health, vacation, bicycle savings wallets. And then I can choose which wallet to spend from. Know what I mean?

Unfortunately not without using multiple accounts. As others suggest a desktop client can always be used for savings.

BTCDice.com added

I'm down already. QQ.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
Is this where I can write about the mobile client? It seems to like to stop working as soon as I open it on my nexus seven, anything I can do to help fix it? (some of the reviews said it didnt work on my device)

Same on Xoom. Piuk said he'll be releasing and update that fixes it soon.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
Is there a way with the blockchain.info wallet to separate wallets? For example, I'd like to have a spending wallet, but also multiple savings wallets, like retirement, health, vacation, bicycle savings wallets. And then I can choose which wallet to spend from. Know what I mean?

To avoid driving yourself insane with all of these different wallets on the same platform, pick a different platform for the different functions.

Satoshi Client - Savings

Multibit - Online Spending, Bill Paying

Blockchain mobile app - Mobile Spending

Good idea as it provides a very apparent change between 'modes'  however I would recommend Armory over the satoshi client as it supports offline-watching wallets which are much better suited for savings (however you do still need the satoshi client).
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
Is this where I can write about the mobile client? It seems to like to stop working as soon as I open it on my nexus seven, anything I can do to help fix it? (some of the reviews said it didnt work on my device)
Activity: 742

To avoid driving yourself insane with all of these different wallets on the same platform, pick a different platform for the different functions.

Satoshi Client - Savings

Multibit - Online Spending, Bill Paying

Blockchain mobile app - Mobile Spending

Activity: 67
Merit: 130
Zero outputs might be considered non-standard since 0.7.0. https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/1711
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
It does not use OP_DROP as that would make the tx non standard. The public key is simply the ASCII message. Look at the last output and hex decode 4d6573736167653a205468616e6b20596f7520466f722054686520427567205265706f7274202d2 07069756b. Messages exceeding 120 bytes will be added in an additional outputs.

Notes will not appear on address pages, only on single transaction pages and in my wallet. They are only for public messages that you don't mind anyone reading.
Wouldn't it be possible to use the destination address to encrypt the message such that only the receiver with the private key could actually read it? I thought there was a method for recreating the public key from the address and that should be enough to encrypt to the private key. I could see a private message being very useful in many cases such as tagging payments with invoice # or order details. Or for political donations for id info.
I am the one who knocks
I setup separate accounts for this.  I have a savings account with all the security bells and whistles and then a mobile wallet that is on my phone.
Activity: 614
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
"Public note" textarea on "custom transaction" page doesn't clear after sending tx (when other fields clear / update).

Also, it would be nice to see the message in the "Transaction Ready to Send" page.

Actually, message doesn't appear to have worked from "custom" page. Is it the usual "clear cache" routine?

Thanks,
I am the one who knocks
Ok change of plan. Notes will now be embedded in the blockchain.

For example I resent the previous example to Joric.

https://blockchain.info/tx/3d29f43a3278281192943276049c15e5f0d8c7e75d4d99a4cd6693113a948f48

It does not use OP_DROP as that would make the tx non standard. The public key is simply the ASCII message. Look at the last output and hex decode 4d6573736167653a205468616e6b20596f7520466f722054686520427567205265706f7274202d2 07069756b. Messages exceeding 120 bytes will be added in an additional outputs.

This took me a minute to figure out, so for others having the same problem:
 * Enable Advanced Mode
 * Look at the Output Scripts section and you can see the hex:
 * I used the converter from brainwallet: http://brainwallet.org/#converter

How exactly does this trigger the message piuk?  Are you looking at every output or only outputs that are 0 BTC then seeing if they have a Message: prefix?
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1208
I support freedom of choice
Ahahaha great! Grin
Ok change of plan. Notes will now be embedded in the blockchain.

For example I resent the previous example to Joric.

https://blockchain.info/tx/3d29f43a3278281192943276049c15e5f0d8c7e75d4d99a4cd6693113a948f48

Notes will not appear on address pages, only on single transaction pages and in my wallet. They are only for public messages that you don't mind anyone reading.

staff
BkkCoins said that it's out:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1158968

Anyway, I wait for some confirmations from piuk.
I am the one who knocks
I'm pretty sure this isn't in the blockchain but just something that blockchain.info provides internally in it's database.
Ok, so it isn't so interesting ...
If you use the rawtx api in 0.7, you can put any data then OP_DROP to add a message into a tx.
Does the new public notes feature utilize this, or is it a complete separate feature?
I am the one who knocks
Oh god! Isn't it a way too public? Smiley I'd restrict it for logged users only.

The bug with no method 'abs' seems gone.

i do also think this is too public. for example i can send an amount to an btc address and write some totally different in the note maybe to influence someone. as receiver do i have the option to delete the info?
That is the point, for it to be PUBLIC NOTES.  This could be used for things such as the example piuk gave, thefts, etc.
staff
Good, but I wish it was easy and userfriendly for even the dumbest user Smiley
Jump to: