Pages:
Author

Topic: Blockchain.info - Bitcoin Block explorer & Currency Statistics - page 64. (Read 482537 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Do you happen to know what happens when btc is sent to an expired "Shared Send" address?  My bitcoin supplier sent a large amount without confirming the btc address with me, and ended up sending it to an expired "Shared Send" address of mine ... so now he's threatening my life and I'd really like to hear from Ben/piuk about that.  lol.  Annnnnddddddd stress level 1000000! 

Piuk reads this thread so this is probably the best way to get in contact with him.  Are the transactions confirmed on the expired address - or are they not confirming?  If the latter, I would just wait for them to confirm, I've recently had some tx that take a day to confirm, even with a fee... the network is just very overloaded at the moment.

Will

The transaction that was sent to one of my "Shared Send" expired addresses now has over 100 confirmations.  It's for $20k.  Sad

The other unconfirmed transactions I would wait for, but they are transactions sent out to clients who bought the btc from us, and who are now also joining in on being pissed.
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Do you happen to know what happens when btc is sent to an expired "Shared Send" address?  My bitcoin supplier sent a large amount without confirming the btc address with me, and ended up sending it to an expired "Shared Send" address of mine ... so now he's threatening my life and I'd really like to hear from Ben/piuk about that.  lol.  Annnnnddddddd stress level 1000000! 

Piuk reads this thread so this is probably the best way to get in contact with him.  Are the transactions confirmed on the expired address - or are they not confirming?  If the latter, I would just wait for them to confirm, I've recently had some tx that take a day to confirm, even with a fee... the network is just very overloaded at the moment.

Will
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
Will we ever receive a response?  Will the unconfirmed transactions ever go through?  Will we ever receive our $20k transaction sent to an old address of ours?  Who knows.  Only Ben knows and he is nowhere to be found today, it seems. 

The transaction will eventually go through. If you would like to speed it up, Luke-jr, the owner of the eligius.st mining pool has a way to prioritize a specific transaction.

You can PM him on the forums and ask for his help.

As for blockchain.info not including a fee, I'm sure Ben will look into it and get it resolved.
It is blockchain specific - it involves my blockchain wallet and a transaction someone mistakenly sent to one of the "one time use only" Shared Send addresses associated with our account.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Will we ever receive a response?  Will the unconfirmed transactions ever go through?  Will we ever receive our $20k transaction sent to an old address of ours?  Who knows.  Only Ben knows and he is nowhere to be found today, it seems. 

The questions you are asking is not blockchain.info specific, but bitcoin protocol specific. So he is not the only one who can answer your questions.
Apparently in spite of having our wallet set to include the highest fee possible, the two "unconfirmed" transactions were broadcast without any fee whatsoever.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
Boycott:
blockchain.info for everything but informational purposes
mtgox.com for getting intermittently DDOSd in order to tank the price, most recently ~$34 in about 12 hours
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
In particular if they are nonstandard as the one mentioned in the link above (tries to send a negative amount!).  Then they will never propagate nor confirm.
small transactions even with miner's fee included can wait confirmations for days.

why is it happening now?
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
In particular if they are nonstandard as the one mentioned in the link above (tries to send a negative amount!).  Then they will never propagate nor confirm.
I am telling about standard payments and tried myself - small transactions even with miner's fee included can wait confirmations for days.
What happens if someone send bitcoins to one of the Shared Send addresses that is no longer valid?
Activity: 547
Merit: 500
Decor in numeris
Why payments, received via your "Receive Payment API" stay unconfirmed for a long time (up to few days) even if the payer have included transaction fee?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
Why payments, received via your "Receive Payment API" stay unconfirmed for a long time (up to few days) even if the payer have included transaction fee?
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
That chart is based off of what miners are supposedly spending on electricity divided by number of transactions, correct?  I'd guess that the chart is still estimating electricity used based on GPUs/FPGAs, and not taking into account the much more energy-efficient Avalons that make up a large part of the hashing power now.

Based on that statement, "miners revenue divided by the number of transactions", it would seem that the chart makes the assumption that market forces drive up mining costs until they approach break-even with revenue.

So the chart takes the total block reward expressed in U.S. dollars (subsidy + fees) and divides it by the total number of transactions in the block.

If the reward is high, and mining costs have not grown fast enough to keep up, then the "cost per transaction" will appear artificially high.  If the mining reward does not keep up with costs, but miners continue to mine at a loss (perhaps with visions of future value?) then the "cost per transaction" will appear artificially low.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Those transaction costs seem high:

That chart is based off of what miners are supposedly spending on electricity divided by number of transactions, correct?  I'd guess that the chart is still estimating electricity used based on GPUs/FPGAs, and not taking into account the much more energy-efficient Avalons that make up a large part of the hashing power now.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Those transaction costs seem high:

Pages:
Jump to: