Pages:
Author

Topic: blockchain.info now shows CHINA mining 54% of BTC - page 5. (Read 5897 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Well China will reach superiority soon anyways, what did you expect?
You can't blame them, blame us. The same thing happened when ghash.io reached 51%. We should be setting up miners everywhere and properly distribute the hashrate even if it means that our profits will be slightly reduced.

Thoughts on the N Carolina acquisition from Charles Allen & BTCShop shareholders?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0ocO9okqccU#t=227

Other mega mines will surely proliferate/correlate with electrically efficient geographic locations as BTC transaction volume increases (3-15Yrs)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
china was going to leave other parts of the world behind from the moment they entered bitcoin.
the ban in china didn't and won't do anything about that. we just have to accept it.
chances are there that it might reach a stunning 75% of the network.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
i cant see how this can be new to you , prices are cheaper down in china , and not as many belivers in us i guess (most of btc's volume is from china aswell but you guys prolly already know that )
why is this alarming to you guys is my question?
Activity: 605
Merit: 500

Kind of curious if Chinese will manage to keep majority of coins they mine, or all the product ends up shipped overseas figuratively speaking...
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
They also have the biggest trade volume.
legendary
Activity: 1288
I thought bitcoin was banned in China? World 51% Attack Sad
Bitcoin was banned 'officially' in China as it was in Russia. That means that it is not banned at all. People have still free access to it as you can see. You can't ban every pc or other device with internet connection after all.
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
this is pretty alarming

not really..

after all. for atleast a year, maybe even 3+ years america was dominating the mining..
If America was manufacturing the miners and not sending them to sellers it wouldn't have changed but labor is so readily and cheap there who else do we expect to take over?
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Infleum
A you surprised? Just check the electricity price and labour cost plus miners are manufactured there too.....
The electricity prices are low, but comparable to some other countries like Canada or India. Cheap labour might be the deciding factor here. It's nice to see they weren't deterred by tanking BTC prices in the recent months and kept their mines running.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I also thought this. But apparently not this one.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
A you surprised? Just check the electricity price and labour cost plus miners are manufactured there too.....
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
this is pretty alarming

not really..

after all. for atleast a year, maybe even 3+ years america was dominating the mining..
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
Well set up a huge data center in Alaska and change things !  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1050
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Well China will reach superiority soon anyways, what did you expect?
You can't blame them, blame us. The same thing happened when ghash.io reached 51%. We should be setting up miners everywhere and properly distribute the hashrate even if it means that our profits will be slightly reduced.
VOR
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
this is pretty alarming
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

This is the first time I have seen blockchain.info showing separate stats for BW.COM at their mining stats page.

https://blockchain.info/pools

The top four miners (percentage of recent block wins / hashing power):

AntPool:           20%
F2Pool:            16%
BW.COM:         11%
BTCChina Pool:  7%

Total China:    54%

(Sort of reminds when GHash.IO briefly took 51% of mining)
Pages:
Jump to: