Pages:
Author

Topic: Blocksize - December 2015 - page 3. (Read 2818 times)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
November 26, 2015, 05:17:27 AM
Your intro seems like you are also a paid troll. :v

By mid-December, I think there would be a consensus and major changes, but not the aggressive 8 MB limit which is proposed by XT. If not, I think there wouldn't be a nice end to this.
Activity: 62
Merit: 0
November 26, 2015, 04:39:53 AM
It is difficult to reach a consensus in the block size as there are parties with different interest and try to gain from the block size setting.

I wish we can reach consensus of 2MB size limit by Feb 2016. We definitely need that size. We can discuss bigger size later.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
November 26, 2015, 04:38:06 AM
I understand the next block size meeting will be soon. Coming up to the meeting and wondering if anything has changed and where things stand as of now? What do people consider will be the likely outcome?

PLEASE TRY TO KEEP THIS THREAD ON TOPIC. I NOTICE ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT GAVIN WHERE TROLLS HAVE TRIED TO DISRUPT THE THREAD BY TALKING ABOUT RACISM OR CLIMATE CHANGE. I HOPE THIS THREAD CAN AVOID THE PAID TROLLS AND PEOPLE WILL STICK TO THE TOPIC

You seem to be a paid troll, since you start this thread with ad hominems. Don't expect a discussion on a higher level when you start a topic that way.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
November 26, 2015, 04:25:26 AM
No decision will likely to be made and Core will be forked.
Propaganda from a XT supporter. This is not a likely outcome.
I am expecting many XT trolls on this thread :-)  I agree with you.  The very person who created XT has now left to join the bankers leaving Gavin who doesn't even seem fully convinced himself that XT is what we need.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 26, 2015, 04:22:24 AM
Propaganda from a XT supporter. This is not a likely outcome.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
November 26, 2015, 04:17:24 AM
I haven't paid much attention to the Blocksize debate in some time, so I am unaware of what the present status of each BIP proposal is.
That said I was leaning towards BIP 106 but it seems dead so given another choice I would say BIP 100 floating size block limit.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BIP_0100
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1154536.60
November 26, 2015, 04:16:46 AM
From what I see there are a number of initiatives coming up that might reduce the space requirement in the block plus a whole host of new things such as side chains and lightning network that look like they may also reduce our need for increasing the block size. I'd suggest anyone to have a listen to the podcast link and report back here on what they think. I am perhaps more senior (in age) than most here and although I don't I am much less qualified that many here to form an opinion, I do think  most decisions in life and with new ways of doing things should be taken carefully and we should not try to jump into making an huge changes that we might later regret.  Others with vested interests seem intent on try to make the block size so large that bitcoin loses decentralization.  If that happens it would go against all that people have been trying to achieve.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
November 26, 2015, 04:10:48 AM
I understand the next block size meeting will be soon. Coming up to the meeting and wondering if anything has changed and where things stand as of now? What do people consider will be the likely outcome?

Honestly I think if they don't take their decision soon , maybe some developers are going to get bored after a while (I'm not sure if they get paid on the first place) and simply leave the project just like Gavin did and we will find our selves in a not beautiful situation ...
I don't think they will take any decisions but let's hope I'm wrong on this one . Maybe increasing the blocksize to somewhere so they don't increase it again anytime soon .
November 26, 2015, 03:59:54 AM
I'm also hoping for the 2,4 and 8 solution.  I have listened to so many podcasts and videos by developers this last few weeks and it really seems like there's neither a need for a huge block increase or any need to try and plan out size for the next 20 years. 

In particular this podcast really convinced me that it would be better to take things slowly.

http://www.bitcoin.kn/2015/09/adam-back-gavin-andresen-block-size-increase/

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
November 26, 2015, 03:24:34 AM
I think enough pressure has been put already on at least a small change - if no better (perfect?) solution comes up I'm guessing most parties will "compromise" and go for a slight bump up (maybe 2-4-8 mb) and kick the can down the road.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
November 26, 2015, 03:06:50 AM
Concensus will be very hard to reach with so many parties. They share different opinions and have something to gain from different outcomes.

Atleast a lot of people will come together to discuss the future of bitcoin, which is better than an online war imo.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
November 25, 2015, 11:21:53 PM
November 25, 2015, 10:54:29 PM

Please try to keep this thread on topic
Pages:
Jump to: