Pages:
Author

Topic: Blockswarm Protocol proposition - solo mining, full node cooperative - page 2. (Read 1682 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
Or maybe it should be called Bloop - for a portmanteau of Block and Co-op. Or flockblock.

The analogy - what makes more sense? Focusing all of your resources and manpower on one hole in the mountain to dig a mine and find the gold? Or dispersing your resources and manpower all over the mountain? Especially when your mountain is made up of random numbers?

The idea is this: wouldn't it be possible to make pool infrastructure that allows multiple individuals to form a mining co-op of full node solo miners?

So instead of the stratum server being the only actual node, and hunting for a solution to a single block and pool members just submitting hashes...

why couldn't the server just function as the manager of the co-op?

So, I find a block, but there are 40 people in the pool, so the block reward is split amongst the 40 people dependent upon their hash contribution.

This could potentially be more efficient as well, due to the fact that the block found event will propagate through 2 networks - the pool co-op and the actual bitcoin network. So if Jack and Jill are in the same co-op and live 3 miles from each other, but the pool server is actually 200 miles away, Jill's node will probably notify Jack's node of the new block before Jill's node notifies the pool server which will then notify Jack's node.

Back to the analogy, you'd have to climb all the way out from the mine to shout the news, whereas with Blockswarm, you just shout to your neighbor.

And on top of that, you know, more full nodes and all that jazz.

Is this possible?
Pages:
Jump to: