Pages:
Author

Topic: BlockZ - Bitcoin Block and Price Announcer [Overlay, Tray Icon] - page 4. (Read 10628 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
First of all thank you for your tip!

I'm already working on a way to pick every text color you want.

The suggestion with the taskbar is nice, i'll take a look if it's possible with java. Sadly there are some native restrictions.

Can you make a slider like display for that ? So that, whenever I hover my mouse there it slides in and shows me the details? (Just like Windows 8's start function) If adding it to the taskbar is a problem, then you can probably try this one out. And this will have no clutter issues too Wink Moreover if you do this you need to add a background template or a "tile" like display so that the details are clearly seen.

The price notification is made in the following way: You set a price maximum and minimum. If the price is above or below the certain amount you get notified every update of the price (every minute). If you don't want to have a notification every minute you may think about setting other limits than before. I want to keep the notifications as fast as possible. So a 15min cooldown is only an option and nothing to have always. But it's easy to do so i'm going to add this little checkbox and textfield(to set a specific interval not only 15 minutes). But should the notification only be diabled for the one that appeared? (E.g.: If the price rises the up notification is disabled for 15min, but if the price drops during this there is a notification or not?)

Yes! You can set a checkbox regarding the 15 minutes interval. Moreover you can add another function where if the price goes down during that interval it'll notify me ASAP.

I hope to get your next version soon Smiley
I don't get exactly what you mean with a slider? You mean if the cursor is in the corner the display fades in? I am not into Win 8 so i don't kno what you mean exactly.
This is a great thing! Sometimes for price alerts I go to bitcoinwisdom and often i forget that I closed the tab for it; it is about damn time that there are price alerts that are desktop based, what exchanges are u planning to add? all of them? what about altcoins?
You can make suggestions which exchange you want me to add.
Maybe some popular altcoins coming soon after i finished the bitcoin version. After that the source is published and you can add your own.
Activity: 406
Merit: 252

The suggestion with the taskbar is nice, i'll take a look if it's possible with java. Sadly there are some native restrictions.

Can you make a slider like display for that ? So that, whenever I hover my mouse there it slides in and shows me the details? (Just like Windows 8's start function) If adding it to the taskbar is a problem, then you can probably try this one out. And this will have no clutter issues too Wink Moreover if you do this you need to add a background template or a "tile" like display so that the details are clearly seen.

The price notification is made in the following way: You set a price maximum and minimum. If the price is above or below the certain amount you get notified every update of the price (every minute). If you don't want to have a notification every minute you may think about setting other limits than before. I want to keep the notifications as fast as possible. So a 15min cooldown is only an option and nothing to have always. But it's easy to do so i'm going to add this little checkbox and textfield(to set a specific interval not only 15 minutes). But should the notification only be diabled for the one that appeared? (E.g.: If the price rises the up notification is disabled for 15min, but if the price drops during this there is a notification or not?)

Yes! You can set a checkbox regarding the 15 minutes interval. Moreover you can add another function where if the price goes down during that interval it'll notify me ASAP.

I hope to get your next version soon Smiley
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
This is a great thing! Sometimes for price alerts I go to bitcoinwisdom and often i forget that I closed the tab for it; it is about damn time that there are price alerts that are desktop based, what exchanges are u planning to add? all of them? what about altcoins?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
WOW! Nice concept! I should definitely try out this one Cheesy
OP, I have just now tested the V1.3 of your Bitcoin Block and Price Announcer module. My overall experience was great Cheesy

But here are some suggestions to make this application super awesome:

1. The display positions of "Block Number", "Block Time", "Block Age" and "Price" on the upper left corner is somewhat cluttering that area of my desktop and also hiding the icons present there like these...

Thus, the better position would be to place them on the task-bar, beside the clock and recent notifications (Also white font would be nice for black task-bar)....

2. "The Price Increase/Decrease" notifier is popping up every now and then (after every 30-35 seconds), which is kinda annoying while thinking and writing something or surfing! It should notify at least after 15 minutes. (I guess within 15 minutes the price won't increase/decrease much)
Or it must only notify as soon as the price increases/decreases. (So for steady price it won't notify)

Since I liked your work, here's a small tip from my side => https://blockchain.info/tx/f0f759fb48c8b3b370f314c7e782b2f2c99d067bff4346e7340db46203f20854 Cheesy

Hope to see those modifications in next update Smiley

Thanks for your feedback!

I have to say, that there will be no progress in the next 2 weeks. After that i'll continue the development and add your ideas.
OP, I have just now tested the V1.3 of your Bitcoin Block and Price Announcer module. My overall experience was great Cheesy

But here are some suggestions to make this application super awesome:

1. The display positions of "Block Number", "Block Time", "Block Age" and "Price" on the upper left corner is somewhat cluttering that area of my desktop and also hiding the icons present there like these...

Thus, the better position would be to place them on the task-bar, beside the clock and recent notifications (Also white font would be nice for black task-bar)....

2. "The Price Increase/Decrease" notifier is popping up every now and then (after every 30-35 seconds), which is kinda annoying while thinking and writing something or surfing! It should notify at least after 15 minutes. (I guess within 15 minutes the price won't increase/decrease much)
Or it must only notify as soon as the price increases/decreases. (So for steady price it won't notify)

Since I liked your work, here's a small tip from my side => https://blockchain.info/tx/f0f759fb48c8b3b370f314c7e782b2f2c99d067bff4346e7340db46203f20854 Cheesy

Hope to see those modifications in next update Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Nice work! I think miners will definetly prefer this, with the new blocks and the price indicator. Keep up the work!
Some last progress before i have to pause the development for the following 2 weeks:

--------------------------------------------------

I had to remove all the settings from the little popup menu into a new window in order to get the text fields working. I wanted to keep the program as tiny as possible and so minimalistic as possible but i had to make this step. If you now click on one option the window will open in the middle of your screen and you can select all options you want. Later there will be a save button included. If you click on tx details in the little popup menu the tx details tab is selected by default.

I may add a third exchange. You only have to say which one you want. I don't know popular exchanges Smiley

You can download the new version here:
Dropbox
Google Drive

As always: Share your thougts about the program!
The tx window is finally there!
Here are first look screenshots:

I'm going to replace the arrows anyway. They are just placeholders for suitable icons. I improved the api of my program so only one access is needed to get the tx details. (Before two were needed and sometimes one got no connection so confirmations or value wasn't reported properly)

Is there an "official" bitcoin transaction logo that i can put in the upper left corner of the window as an icon?
To get more feedback from you i decided to upload a pre version of the final program for you to test it out.

Download V1.2:
Dropbox
Google Drive

Maybe you think this is a virus... I give you my word that it is not. I am going to publish the source code later. If you don't feal comfortable with it. Simply don't download and run it.

Here is a virus scan to calm you down a little bit:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/96f4b61a2dc57c3553b7133b52fc9ec444be5c7d150a5c08e01e9b0c9b4a028e/analysis/1444425255/

So go and try the program out Smiley And don't forget to leave your feedback here.
Thank you for the link. Yes! It's definitely not a virus Wink Cheers mate Smiley BTW, may I know when will the final version be launching ?
I don't know when the final version is going to launch. Maybe in a few weeks. Defenetaly not in the next two weeks because i'm not at home in the meantime. Maybe in 3 to 4 weeks.
Great! price alert is what i looking too. nice job mate! keep it work! Smiley

Watching on this for final version launching Cheesy
But price alert is set to 200 and 270 at the moment and you don't have the ability to change it, because the textfield is locked due to strange reasons i couldn't figure out. I hope i'll get this to work.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
Great! price alert is what i looking too. nice job mate! keep it work! Smiley

Watching on this for final version launching Cheesy
To get more feedback from you i decided to upload a pre version of the final program for you to test it out.

Download V1.2:
Dropbox
Google Drive

Maybe you think this is a virus... I give you my word that it is not. I am going to publish the source code later. If you don't feal comfortable with it. Simply don't download and run it.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/96f4b61a2dc57c3553b7133b52fc9ec444be5c7d150a5c08e01e9b0c9b4a028e/analysis/1444425255/

So go and try the program out Smiley And don't forget to leave your feedback here.
Thank you for the link. Yes! It's definitely not a virus Wink Cheers mate Smiley BTW, may I know when will the final version be launching ?

Download V1.2:
Dropbox
Google Drive

To give you an overview about the new features. Here are some screenshots:

At the moment its not possible to type something into the text fields... I have to find the mistake i've made. Now i'm working on a way to save the settings. I think i'm going to store them in a textfile in the programs folder.
Also i think there is the need to change the text color. Because black is hard to read in most cases. I think for the default color i'm using a color like Riva Tuner Statistics Server. That's readable in nearly every case.

There is a bug at the moment, and i don't know the reason of it. Sometimes the overlay window gets partially white like this:

After the content is updated its normal as before. Maybe i am amble to figure out what's going on.
Op, this is the best idea and it must get implemented soon Smiley
BTW, in my opinion,  it would be best if you add the bitcoin price announcer alongwith the block announcer. This would help the active traders to become aware of the current bitcoin price, live on his dashboard so that no one will have to waste his time on exchange sites rather than missing his trade opportunities!

Also users will be able to set a sound notification which will alarm him as soon as the price increases or decreases accordingly.
BTW, all the best for your work Smiley

I started over again because the old code got too messy. I'm right now implementing the exchanges and i'm adding some more options to choose. A damn text field isn't going to work in any way... I have to figure out a solution in the next days.

Keep on the good ideas! I'm trying as much as possible to get it into the program.

Current status:
-2 Exchanges: BitcoinAverage(EUR,GBP,USD,CNY,AUD,...) and CoinDesk(EUR,GBP,USD)
(The huobi api is to hard for me to get it running. Sorry for that.)
-Onscreen display is total or patial disableable (Checkboxes)
-Price check every minute at selected exchange with chosen currency. (Price alert to be re-implemented; already working)
-Display the last block time (to clarify: the time used to mine the block; not when it was created)
-Display the current block's age in minutes

To be implemented:
-Price alert at certain price
-Save settings button
-Get last transactions of an address
-Get transaction status (confirmed/unconfirmed) of a txid
-Get the balance of an address

You decide about these:
-Get the number of currently unconfirmed transactions?
-Choose the overlays text color (maybe important for readability)
-Get the best possible fee(blockexplorer.com feature)? (http://blockexplorer.com/api/utils/estimatefee?nbBlocks=3)

BTW, in my opinion,  it would be best if you add the bitcoin price announcer alongwith the block announcer.
This is one single program already. I never thougt about two different ones.

I already thougt about your sound idea. But it's not that easy to add a sound into java. To use an mp3 file you need some extra libraries. That's my last priority at the moment. Sorry for that too.

But sadly i have to say, that i have to pause developing the program for two weeks starting next monday. After i got back home i'm moving straight back into the development.
Op, this is the best idea and it must get implemented soon Smiley
BTW, in my opinion,  it would be best if you add the bitcoin price announcer alongwith the block announcer. This would help the active traders to become aware of the current bitcoin price, live on his dashboard so that no one will have to waste his time on exchange sites rather than missing his trade opportunities!

Also users will be able to set a sound notification which will alarm him as soon as the price increases or decreases accordingly.
BTW, all the best for your work Smiley
Nice.
I think you should find a way to monetize it so you can make some money dude. Every while you could have the block feed or price feed popups display a text advertisement from bitcoin related sites for example possibly. And when someone clicks on the ads it takes them to the ad makers site. You could charge the ad makers on a per-click bases.

Here are some suggestions:

Would be cool if there was an option for the program to start when the computer starts.

If you enter a transaction ID in it, it tells you the status of the transaction and the amount of the transaction.(Amount and Confirmed, Unconfirmed 0/3, Unconfirmed 1/3, or Unconfirmed 2/3)
If you enter a bitcoin address in it, it tells you the status of the latest transaction coming to/from that address and the amount of the transaction.(Amount and Confirmed, Unconfirmed 0/3, Unconfirmed 1/3, or Unconfirmed 2/3)

Settings people make for the program should definitely be stored somewhere and used every time the app starts. A button to reset the setting to the default settings should also be available.

Options to choose where the program gets its price feed from. Having many options for that is better.
Some people like to get their price feed from Huobi in CNY. others might like to get it from Bitstamp in USD for example.
Double clicking or clicking(?) on the popup that says the price should take them to a live price chart where they can see history, for example it could take them to a bitcoinwisdom.com chart.

Wow amazing ideas. I defenately going to add them. Making money of a program where the source code is provided is difficult. I thought about a donation button and a maybe a way to download the program via satoshibox or another(better) way.
I'm not able to make any progress in the program for the next 2 weeks. But i want you to share all of your ideas so the program is going to be the one, that you want. The more ideas you provide, the better the program is going to fit your needs.

I'll upload the program with source code tomorrow. Do you can try it out amd get a better view of what is missing or if there are some bugs.
Pages:
Jump to: