Pages:
Author

Topic: Bloq Appreciation Thread - page 2. (Read 1304 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
February 05, 2016, 09:04:42 PM
It's no different than any other Bitcoin payment platform.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
February 05, 2016, 08:39:57 PM
Who are they blacklisting exactly and why? I find this rather odd. They may be losing revenue by blacklisting coins or addresses... If this is true they seem to be shooting themselves in their own feet.

I guess its better to reject few coins or address, rather then to anwser to feds or regulation, why, for example, they accept drug coins or something like this.

Bitpay is not the only one. Coinbase also was shown to be "very be interested" in what you do with your coins:

http://www.bitedge.co/blog/coinbase-restricts-users-for-gambling-transactions/

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
February 05, 2016, 08:33:11 PM
Who are they blacklisting exactly and why? I find this rather odd. They may be losing revenue by blacklisting coins or addresses... If this is true they seem to be shooting themselves in their own feet.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115
February 05, 2016, 08:17:30 PM
Does CT hide the addresses involved?

No, just the amounts.

Most importantly, this scheme is compatible with pruning and does not make the verification state for Bitcoin grow forever. It is also compatible with CoinJoin and CoinSwap, allowing for transaction graph privacy as well while simultaneously fixing the most severe limitation of these approaches to privacy (that transaction amounts compromise their privacy).

Ok.

Shh. That's what CoinJoin is for. Wink
legendary
February 05, 2016, 07:58:01 PM

Andreas Antonopoulos was asked about the blacklisting issue BitPay blocking transactions. This was his reply

we really need to address the issue of fungibility. Blacklists are inherently evil, as they seed control to the author of the blacklist and that control is absolute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak1iojpiHpM&feature=youtu.be&t=33m6s

Soon enough you can just stick 'em in that CT sidechain, and boom: be as nefarious as you want. Smiley
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
February 05, 2016, 07:46:10 PM

Andreas Antonopoulos was asked about the blacklisting issue BitPay blocking transactions. This was his reply

we really need to address the issue of fungibility. Blacklists are inherently evil, as they seed control to the author of the blacklist and that control is absolute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak1iojpiHpM&feature=youtu.be&t=33m6s
legendary
February 05, 2016, 07:43:31 PM
It's not as if these guys have much choice is it? Banks and lawmakers must be itching for a reason to shut them down. I wouldn't wanna be their compliance team.

I can certainly appreciate that.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
February 05, 2016, 07:42:28 PM
It's not as if these guys have much choice is it? Banks and lawmakers must be itching for a reason to shut them down. I wouldn't wanna be their compliance team.
Pages:
Jump to: