Pages:
Author

Topic: Blue Fury Miners V2 2.6Gh/s - page 8. (Read 73333 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 501
October 17, 2013, 12:43:37 PM
I would love to get one of these but I'm out of BTC anyways. Maybe in a while, they look sexy and it would rule to have a few in a USB hub.  Smiley
Activity: 490
October 17, 2013, 12:37:09 PM
Holidays are not an unknown and should be calculated into any released schedule. Shocked
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
October 17, 2013, 09:39:37 AM
Holidays just another one of the many ways a already tight timeline goes to crap....hehe.  Pretty much expected 1-2nd week would be 3rd to 4th at least as long as its same month we are doing well compared to most asic pre-order situations so I'm not worried in least here :-)
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
October 17, 2013, 04:08:57 AM
Go BlueFury Go!

Always seems like there is some sort of holiday involved when production dates are tight!
Activity: 36
Merit: 1
October 17, 2013, 04:05:55 AM
Very cool and it's nice to hear that the firmware will be upgradable.  I can't wait to get my hands on them!
Activity: 630
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
October 17, 2013, 04:01:04 AM
I have a couple of questions:

How is the initial 300 of these coming that you have the boards for?  Any pictures of these in action?

Will the lights blink like that firmware test I saw a video of somewhere?  I like blinky lights!
All of the units will be shipped at the same time.
Yes they will ship with the most up to date firmware.
We will also have future firmware available to download.
The flashing process only takes about 10 seconds per device.
Activity: 36
Merit: 1
October 17, 2013, 03:43:23 AM
I have a couple of questions:

How is the initial 300 of these coming that you have the boards for?  Any pictures of these in action?

Will the lights blink like that firmware test I saw a video of somewhere?  I like blinky lights!
October 17, 2013, 03:24:13 AM
Pcbs will be coming in start of next week and we should be able to start shipping units late next week.
Sorry for the delays we are trying to get everything done as quickly as we can but we don't want to rush anything that could cause problems with devices in the future.

All of the preorders or just the 250-300 you quoted earlier?

I just want to make sure we have a reasonable expectation of what you are outlining in your timeline and we aren't playing a game of semantics.

Thanks
That will be all of them.
Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform
October 17, 2013, 03:18:51 AM
Pcbs will be coming in start of next week and we should be able to start shipping units late next week.
Sorry for the delays we are trying to get everything done as quickly as we can but we don't want to rush anything that could cause problems with devices in the future.

All of the preorders or just the 250-300 you quoted earlier?

I just want to make sure we have a reasonable expectation of what you are outlining in your timeline and we aren't playing a game of semantics.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
October 17, 2013, 01:37:22 AM
Hey guys, I understand the concerns, but no ASIC company and particularly a privately run cooperative has gotten as close as Big Picture has to their announced schedule, given all the variables.

We're about on par, if not a little better than KnC, and we're certainly ahead of Avalon and BFL. Of course, we're only making 1 chip USB miners.
October 17, 2013, 01:01:33 AM
October 17, 2013, 12:53:58 AM
So we are looking at ATLEAST another 2 weeks from the 13th?
October 17, 2013, 12:42:53 AM
The 2 week shut down in China is well known and it was a concern for me when I was pricing out my own production of a USB BitFury and I decided the delay would push the delivery too far into the future to make sense for potential buyers given the probable delays in Indonesia for shipping to the fabricator as well as holidays here stretching till Wednesday. I am sure that the BlueFury team will be right on top of this issue and shipping as soon as they can when they get boards in hand to finish the fab.

2 weeks? I think you are getting confused with Chinese New Year in Jan/Feb. The holiday was 30th September - 8th October. 8 days. Everyone has been back at work for 9 days now.  

National Holidays 1 Week shut down (7+ days) at the fab I was talking with and additional festival days. Meaning fab for PCBs could take 2 to 3 weeks to get to our finishing in Jakarta. This has nothing to do with the BlueFury but another variation I was going to build. This was my own perspective and decision not these guys making the BlueFury. I couldn't place any orders for FAB before the holiday so that was another reason why I stipulated 2 weeks. http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/china/ Given that I was concerned with the Muslim holiday would also be smack dab in the middle of production and cause more delays. Not sure what the BlueFury concerns were beyond the 7 days holiday.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
October 17, 2013, 12:21:32 AM
If the original target was 2nd week of October, then we can safely add 8 days to that, so our projected target would now be somewhere in the middle of the 3rd week, like October 20~23 ... I'm just guessing. I hope we get it sooner.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
October 16, 2013, 10:41:47 PM
The 2 week shut down in China is well known and it was a concern for me when I was pricing out my own production of a USB BitFury and I decided the delay would push the delivery too far into the future to make sense for potential buyers given the probable delays in Indonesia for shipping to the fabricator as well as holidays here stretching till Wednesday. I am sure that the BlueFury team will be right on top of this issue and shipping as soon as they can when they get boards in hand to finish the fab.

2 weeks? I think you are getting confused with Chinese New Year in Jan/Feb. The holiday was 30th September - 8th October. 8 days. Everyone has been back at work for 9 days now. 
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
October 15, 2013, 04:02:12 PM
Is there a setup link for the Blue Fury with cgminer?
October 14, 2013, 01:34:10 AM
Just a little update developer units have been sent out to Luke-Jr, DrHaribo and MineForeMan
October 14, 2013, 12:51:00 AM
Those damn Chinese have too many holidays that they take off work for~!
October 14, 2013, 12:45:21 AM
October 13, 2013, 11:24:18 PM
Depends how many the fab can produce I would think it is 250-300 because of pcb shortages.
This is defiantly not good news at all. You are giving the go ahead for resellers to sell more based off that 2nd week of October ship date when there is no way that date can be met with what you are saying now. ssinc alone has sold over 560. And he isn't the only one to order from you im sure.
It has already been announced that we will have a one week delay because of Chinese holidays causing pcb shortages. We are trying to get this shipped as quickly as we can but the holidays are causing issues.
Pages:
Jump to: