Pages:
Author

Topic: Board-specific signatures - page 2. (Read 492 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
January 22, 2020, 06:42:57 PM
In order for a new sig to be shown a user would have to remove the current code. At least that's how it is currently for the forum. Unless bitcointalk is coded to where there is a secondary signature space and it shows on these secondary boards, I doubt companies would accept this option.

They lose the posts with their code in them once a person changes sigs. It would be hard for a manager to keep up with users constantly changing sigs back and forth.

That's exactly what I'm suggesting. A new feature, not manually swapping signatures. I have updated the OP to make it a bit clearer.
legendary
Activity: 3682
Merit: 4469
January 22, 2020, 06:20:32 PM

2) Users could wear an alternative signature on boards where their signature campaign doesn't pay (P&S for example), provided the campaign allows that of course.

In order for a new sig to be shown a user would have to remove the current code. At least that's how it is currently for the forum. Unless bitcointalk is coded to where there is a secondary signature space and it shows on these secondary boards, I doubt companies would accept this option.

They lose the posts with their code in them once a person changes sigs. It would be hard for a manager to keep up with users constantly changing sigs back and forth.
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
January 22, 2020, 06:08:45 PM
I like the idea of having alternative signatures to those in local sections. I don't see anything like this getting implemented anytime soon, but could prove beneficial in this specific case. As for the second example I don't think that provides as much value to the forum as a whole.

I'd like to see us promoting the growth of local sections as much as possible, and this could be one of these quality of life things which contributes towards that.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
January 22, 2020, 05:20:39 PM
Another one for the dustbin.

The ChipMixer gold rush and specifically this and this got me thinking (never a good sign) about a new feature that would give users an option to wear a different signature on some boards.

A couple of possible use cases:

1) Local boards could have signatures translated into their specific languages.
2) Users could wear an alternative signature on boards where their signature campaign doesn't pay (P&S for example), provided the campaign allows that of course.

Don't ask me how this could be implemented. It won't be implemented but I'd like to hear your opinions anyway.
Pages:
Jump to: