Pages:
Author

Topic: Boko Haram and their reign of terror - page 2. (Read 4442 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
June 12, 2014, 01:33:24 PM
Just read in the news..
Nigeria has accepted help from US, China, France and Britain.. Around 80 US troops have reached the country and started the mission to rescue the girls..

Temporary solution instead of a permanent one. Or we can say that they are treating the symptoms instead of the disease.

Those troops are only there to rescue the schoolgirls. What we need is an international contingent, to wipe out the Boko Haram.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
June 12, 2014, 01:23:14 PM
Perhaps it is actually the peoples responsibilty to protect themselves we have just Fucked it up so bad with our policing idea..  Gonna be really hard to kidnap someone with a gun.

No don't do that! The gun owner might hurt themselves! You should call the police inste- oh wait....
legendary
Activity: 1722
June 12, 2014, 12:48:13 PM
Well, Boko Haram is on the news again today. This time they just WALKED into a village and took away 20 young mothers by herding them into vehicles and driving away. What the heck?!?! What is the police & military doing? It is their job to protect the people. You would think after the school girl kidnappings, they'd have beefed up security by now but this latest crisis is just plain pathetic on their part.

It seems like the local law enforcements are utterly powerless against Boko Haram.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27774239

Perhaps it is actually the peoples responsibilty to protect themselves we have just Fucked it up so bad with our policing idea..  Gonna be really hard to kidnap someone with a gun.
legendary
June 12, 2014, 12:47:06 PM
Just read in the news..
Nigeria has accepted help from US, China, France and Britain.. Around 80 US troops have reached the country and started the mission to rescue the girls..

ooooh 80 troops...........................
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
June 12, 2014, 12:42:16 PM
Well, Boko Haram is on the news again today. This time they just WALKED into a village and took away 20 young mothers by herding them into vehicles and driving away. What the heck?!?! What is the police & military doing? It is their job to protect the people. You would think after the school girl kidnappings, they'd have beefed up security by now but this latest crisis is just plain pathetic on their part.

It seems like the local law enforcements are utterly powerless against Boko Haram.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27774239
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
June 12, 2014, 12:33:47 PM
You know i saw in news that Boko Haram terrorists, on 27, May 2014, killed 35 persons comprising 14 soldiers, 11 policemen and 10 civilians in separate attacks in Buni Yadi, Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe State and Chinene village in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State.
Activity: 378
June 12, 2014, 12:28:56 PM
So this is good news? Or can their words still be trusted? Because as we all know, they just recently lied to the International community that 'most of the girls has been returned to their families' to avoid international criticism over their inaction and their lies were found out!

I don't trust the Nigerian authorities any more. Unconfirmed reports suggests that most of the girls have been taken to the neighboring nation of Cameroon, after their formal conversion to Islam. Only the International troops can free them.
I am eagerly waiting to hear a piece of good news from the country of Nigeria.. The country was early known to be the most peaceful countries in the world, a place where people where used to regard each other as their own brother, and now blood is being split at every step..

I guess it is the Government of Nigeria which should take complete responsibility of the situation!!
They are promising them better life , lots of money , and they wash their brains so they think they are heroes who are saving that country Syria or any other country ... The main problem is that they really have strong conviction methods and internet and mass spread just helped them to spread even more . None knows for sure what are they promising to that new soldiers .. but I say only educated person is not going to fall on their fantasy's .
I agree with what you said about the terrorist groups advertising their cause based on the value of valor and the lure of being a called a hero by their countrymen.

But do you know that highly educated people are much more likely to become terrorists rather than lower educated people?? This is because what the terrorists are fighting for are their ideals. Often, those ideals are highly developed and requires a complex minded individual to understand and agree with those ideals, moreover, highly educated people can easily see 'what is wrong' with the world and have a desire to change the world based on their ideology.

That is why many terrorists tend to be college or university aged young adults who are highly intelligent. Think about it, the terrorists during 9/11 even knew how to fly a plane! This takes years of intense training.

It is not stupidity that causes terrorism. But rather a fundamental trait of terrorism is intelligence. Just that their intelligence is guided in the wrong direction and clouded by grand delusions.
You have a point... It is actually educated people who have mastered in some field or other who turn terrorists..
And I feel that they do such things when they fail to get an identity for themselves... Another possible reason is when their self esteem gets hurt..
Activity: 350
June 12, 2014, 12:26:00 PM
Indeed! I remember reading this article once about how extremists tend to be engineers. (20%) lol

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/bruce-h...rists-4080

But what I think zolace was talking about is that it is unlikely that extremists in countries like Nigeria can be highly educated...especially the foot soldiers. I believe they are mainly kids who have been brainwashed by the terrorist cell leaders..
June 12, 2014, 12:11:11 PM
So this is good news? Or can their words still be trusted? Because as we all know, they just recently lied to the International community that 'most of the girls has been returned to their families' to avoid international criticism over their inaction and their lies were found out!

I don't trust the Nigerian authorities any more. Unconfirmed reports suggests that most of the girls have been taken to the neighboring nation of Cameroon, after their formal conversion to Islam. Only the International troops can free them.
I am eagerly waiting to hear a piece of good news from the country of Nigeria.. The country was early known to be the most peaceful countries in the world, a place where people where used to regard each other as their own brother, and now blood is being split at every step..

I guess it is the Government of Nigeria which should take complete responsibility of the situation!!
They are promising them better life , lots of money , and they wash their brains so they think they are heroes who are saving that country Syria or any other country ... The main problem is that they really have strong conviction methods and internet and mass spread just helped them to spread even more . None knows for sure what are they promising to that new soldiers .. but I say only educated person is not going to fall on their fantasy's .
I agree with what you said about the terrorist groups advertising their cause based on the value of valor and the lure of being a called a hero by their countrymen.

But do you know that highly educated people are much more likely to become terrorists rather than lower educated people?? This is because what the terrorists are fighting for are their ideals. Often, those ideals are highly developed and requires a complex minded individual to understand and agree with those ideals, moreover, highly educated people can easily see 'what is wrong' with the world and have a desire to change the world based on their ideology.

That is why many terrorists tend to be college or university aged young adults who are highly intelligent. Think about it, the terrorists during 9/11 even knew how to fly a plane! This takes years of intense training.

It is not stupidity that causes terrorism. But rather a fundamental trait of terrorism is intelligence. Just that their intelligence is guided in the wrong direction and clouded by grand delusions.
Activity: 350
June 12, 2014, 12:08:04 PM
Just read in the news..
It is a horrible idea to broadcast the fact that they have received aid from other countries to the whole world. These operations should have been conducted in secrecy. Think about it...if you can read the news, the rebels can too. This puts the terrorists under extra pressure and the hostages under much more danger.
Activity: 364
June 12, 2014, 11:54:43 AM

Activity: 378
June 12, 2014, 11:52:31 AM
Just read in the news..
legendary
June 12, 2014, 11:46:16 AM

legendary
June 09, 2014, 10:01:45 AM

legendary
Activity: 1540
June 09, 2014, 09:58:14 AM
We should contact Black water..

BITCOINERS SAVE THE GIRLS..

Wanna talk about good news for bitcoin..

That's actually a tempting idea.
legendary
June 09, 2014, 09:37:29 AM
We should contact Black water..

BITCOINERS SAVE THE GIRLS..

Wanna talk about good news for bitcoin..
June 09, 2014, 09:12:52 AM
I came across this article today:
"Nigeria's defense chief Alex Badeh says the military knows where the girls are but cannot use force to free them

The Nigerian military has located the schoolgirls who were abducted by Islamist extremists but cannot free them by force, the country’s defense chief said Monday.

Air Marshal Alex Badeh told demonstrators that the government intends to rescue the girls but needs to proceed carefully. “We can’t go and kill our girls in the name of trying to get them back,” he said, cautioning against the repercussions of acting too aggressively, too soon.

Badeh would not disclose the exact location where they believe the girls are being held."

"President Goodluck Jonathan was forced to accept international help in the search this month after several weeks of making no publicized effort to find the children. He even lied to families and the international community by saying most of the girls had been returned."

http://time.com/116772/kidnapped-nigerian-girl-located/

Activity: 364
June 09, 2014, 09:03:14 AM
With this theme I come in touch every day , I know a some Muslim people and they are talking to me that young boy's and girls in age 16-25 are brainwashed and taken to Siria or other countries who are in war there . Big problem are social medias who spread their ideas and recruit new soldiers . They are showing them videos and pictures of killed children and much more . And I know that only true thing in Jihad is to die if you die on Jihad u go to heaven ...
I know a lot about Islam and the thing they are doing with this beautiful religion is wrong . They take only facts from holly Kur'an that they like and that can use to recruit more people its true by Islam religion if you die while fighting for Islam you go to heaven . But if you atack and terror someone and cover that with Islam than only thing you can go to is hell .
June 09, 2014, 08:49:40 AM
Boko Haram must be crushed !! It is pathetic to see all this.. I guess all the leading countries - US, China, Russia, UK, France, etc hold the ability to rescue the innocent girls, but they are all quiet.. They are all staying away from Islamic mess.. Someone in their country only has to step up .. Then others are sure to support..
What do you think is the aim of those higher ups in the terrorist cells tearing kids apart from their families, making them fight in terrorist groups and misleading them by twisting the words of the Holy Quran?
Do they also seriously believe in their own grand delusions or are they just using the kids for their own advantages? Because for the life of me I can't figure out any advantages they might gain from organizing those terrorist groups. It's not like they're making a lot of money or are getting high positions and power in the government.
Pages:
Jump to: