Pages:
Author

Topic: Bold move because 300$ is at the corner - page 2. (Read 3872 times)

Activity: 777
Merit: 500
February 07, 2015, 02:58:38 PM
I bought 1 btc at $300 because of virwox fees  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
February 07, 2015, 02:57:02 PM

I partially agree. But I don't think it'll remain stable here for long. It'll go to sub $200 in late Feb or March.

Well, currently its strong at 230, without any good news coming in. So I doubt we will see sub 200 anytime in the next 2 months.
However any good news should get us up

Until the block reward drop i dont think we will see some pump action.
Sub 200 is definetly  a strong possibility, altho many wont agree. Think about it, you are all waiting for some good news to pick up the price,
but never think about how fragile asset is if such small things drive its value up and down 20-30 %.
I believe the real battle this year will be keeping the price above 100$.

There are about 3600 new bitcoins minted every day, and by current price that is 800,000 USD daily... and i dont think we have that many new inflow.

Minted doesn't equate with sold though. Even IF that many coins were being sold you underestimate the ability of some entity or entities making OTC or direct buys from miners.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
February 07, 2015, 02:10:40 PM

I partially agree. But I don't think it'll remain stable here for long. It'll go to sub $200 in late Feb or March.

Well, currently its strong at 230, without any good news coming in. So I doubt we will see sub 200 anytime in the next 2 months.

Until the block reward drop i dont think we will see some pump action.
Sub 200 is definetly  a strong possibility, altho many wont agree. Think about it, you are all waiting for some good news to pick up the price,
but never think about how fragile asset is if such small things drive its value up and down 20-30 %.
I believe the real battle this year will be keeping the price above 100$.

There are about 3600 new bitcoins minted every day, and by current price that is 800,000 USD daily... and i dont think we have that many new inflow.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
February 07, 2015, 01:59:01 PM

Activity: 924
February 07, 2015, 01:33:45 PM
I'd even grab some litecoin that will rise up with the next move in bitcoin.

litecoin will make people a ton of money again like the last move to $50, it needs a bitcoin bubble but should see people move into litecoin during the start of bubble quick this time.
Why do you believe this?

Because it is pegged to Bitcoin (loosely) by bots at BTCe and it already rallied alongside BTC this year. How do I know this? I traded LTC all summer. I would expect all coins traded on major exchanges (stamp, BTCe, Finex OKcoin) to gain value in a Bitcoin bull market.
Activity: 686
February 07, 2015, 01:25:35 PM
Quote from: Amph
Quote from: bitkilo on February 04, 2015, 05:16:44 AM

Quote from: racsas on February 04, 2015, 05:00:30 AM

I dont think that btc price will drop below $200 but I dont think that it will go higher either, the fluctuation over the last months are quite bad ?

So are you saying that in a market as volatile as bitcoin the price will never move above or below $200.
Hmm, i didn't even finish high school but even i can tell something is wrong with your prediction.

well he just mean that it remain stable with small swings, which seems the case right now, small p&d here and there

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
February 04, 2015, 02:30:34 PM

litecoin will make people a ton of money again like the last move to $50, it needs a bitcoin bubble but should see people move into litecoin during the start of bubble quick this time.
Why do you believe this?
Typically when the Bitcoin bubble starts and is finally on the radar of the average person via the media hype, people want to somehow get a piece of the action in this crypto world. The price of the former tends to get out of range of most people in a short amount of time and before they've figured out how to obtain and hold crypto, they've seen the price just grow by hundreds of dollars or more over the course of this few days to a week until they're ready to and able to purchase. As they are reading and or talking to someone that knows a little something about crypto they inevitably find out about the cheaper option that seems to be moving also and that's where many newcomers test the waters to some extent. This is why you make more bitcoin on a litecoin bubble, typically. I don't get greedy but definitely have a single digit % exposure in litecoin when the timing is right.

For most younger and middle aged people, it's quite the big deal to just drop hundreds of dollars on one coin when you can spend the same amount of money and have a hundred or more of the next best thing. Most people aren't thinking in terms of buying %s of a coin, just a certain number of the complete thing. I ran into some of my bro's friends at his wedding last summer and it turns out some of them got goxed and the other had bought late in the litecoin rally and were holding $40 litecoins. And these guys were freshly graduated lawyers, not your average types.

The other reason is many current bitcoiners have past expectations of what comes during a bitcoin and subsequent litecoin rally.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
February 04, 2015, 12:29:57 PM
I dont think that btc price will drop below $200 but I dont think that it will go higher either, the fluctuation over the last months are quite bad Sad
So are you saying that in a market as volatile as bitcoin the price will never move above or below $200.
Hmm, i didn't even finish high school but even i can tell something is wrong with your prediction.

well he just mean that it remain stable with small swings, which seems the case right now, small p&d here and there
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
February 04, 2015, 12:25:31 PM

Why do you believe this?
legendary
Activity: 1638
https://www.bitcoin.com/
February 04, 2015, 06:16:44 AM
I dont think that btc price will drop below $200 but I dont think that it will go higher either, the fluctuation over the last months are quite bad Sad
legendary
Activity: 1316
February 04, 2015, 06:13:37 AM

Activity: 126
February 04, 2015, 06:00:30 AM
legendary
Activity: 1638
https://www.bitcoin.com/
February 04, 2015, 04:37:30 AM
The price has already been in the sub $200 range this year but that could be accredited to companies dumping all the coins they received from xmas present purchases in December.

IMO we are hovering around the new low of $200+ for the new year and this could be a good time to buy in.
With that said never invest more than you can afford too loose and don't beleive anyone on this forum, myself included who say that this is the bottom and it will be to the moon from here.

I am always sceptical when someone says buy now becase the prise will be gong up, everyone has there own agender in this market.
Best advise i can give is spend a good couple of days doing your homework then make yoir dission on weather to buy or not and how much you can safely spend.
Whatever you decide best of luck to you  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
February 04, 2015, 04:00:54 AM
I don't think it'll go that low, like under $200 at this point. It doesn't matter where someone buys at this point unless you're a trader that freaks out at certain lower prices. Just buy, hold and get ready for the launch. I'd even grab some litecoin that will rise up with the next move in bitcoin.

And what magic ball tells you it wont drop below $200 again?
Activity: 490
February 04, 2015, 03:57:27 AM
don't worry, i have 2 bitcoins which bought at $401, and those are still in my wallet and wait an opportunity to sell
Activity: 686
February 04, 2015, 03:09:21 AM
I suggest buying only half of what you aim to buy. Then wait a month if price goes lower then buy the other half. That way you'll still have fiat if ever it goes sub $200.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
February 04, 2015, 02:59:04 AM

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
February 04, 2015, 12:13:23 AM
I don't think it'll go that low, like under $200 at this point. It doesn't matter where someone buys at this point unless you're a trader that freaks out at certain lower prices. Just buy, hold and get ready for the launch. I'd even grab some litecoin that will rise up with the next move in bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012
February 03, 2015, 11:49:55 PM
i suggest you to buy @ $180 - $200 range.

wait few more days to drop...
Activity: 122
February 03, 2015, 05:56:58 AM
I think the price would stay $250 for a long time, and never know whether it is raising or dropping at the next time
Pages:
Jump to: