Author

Topic: █=█ BoostCoin █=█ New team, new plans - page 179. (Read 299700 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Hi, can someone help me out with configuring my .bat.
SGminer giving me some troubles and I can't figure out what the problem is (Though I suspect it might be intensity related).
I' running two R9 280x's.
Cheers for your troubles.

I run R9 280's as well, but with all default setting, no overclocking, so im not sure i'll be able to help much.
One thing to try it a new .bat file similar to this, and also delete any .bin files in the SGminer folder

Code:
timeout /t 10

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

sgminer -k marucoin -I 19 --auto-gpu --auto-fan --no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://<> -u username -p password

legendary
There is something funky about block 537. if you are resyncing a new wallet it may stop at block 537, if it does, simply restart the wallet to get past it.
legendary
The boost.suprnova.cc pool is online with active miners who tries to solve the high diff block, but in my opinion it's waste of hash power. We should start mining after block height 1300. Block are resolved with PoS now.

so what is the plan? after this block the coin will be OK to mine again? I want to point my ati card to nova pool but my resources are limited and I want to w8 till its surely fixed!

Yes we need to wait for word from nova pool that their wallet has been updated
legendary
The boost.suprnova.cc pool is online with active miners who tries to solve the high diff block, but in my opinion it's waste of hash power. We should start mining after block height 1300. Block are resolved with PoS now.

Agreed, let the PoS blocks solve automatically until after 1300, shortly after that the diff will drop, then start pumping again Smiley
legendary
mammix is this minable with nvidia ccminer? Or not? They havent replied in cuda miner thread(I guess not?)

Unfortunately not, cudaminer will need to be able to hash the 13 different algos that make up x13.
Maybe someone has already looked into an x11 version of Cuda i'm not sure. if they have then adding the extra 2 hash algos should not be too difficult
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter

so what is the plan? after this block the coin will be OK to mine again? I want to point my ati card to nova pool but my resources are limited and I want to w8 till its surely fixed!
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter
mammix is this minable with nvidia ccminer? Or not? They havent replied in cuda miner thread(I guess not?)
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
Any ETA on the fix, other than the at block 2000?

Very soon, i've got the fix coded in and has been proven on testnet and on a private fork of the Main chain.
All i need to do is compile both Windows and OSX wallets and release them.

Im away today but should be able to get them done this evening when i'm back

I would suggest reconsidering releasing  only a difficulty fix to the wild without doing a proper hard fork from a specific block number. (fortunately the coin has PoS blocks). I'm not an expert but as far as I know without a proper hard fork and giving enough time for everybody to update, the chances for blockchain forks are pretty high. One coin that I know of and had similar problems and succeed to do a proper update, was Goodcoin (https://github.com/stolenjs/gcfinal)

Ah yes GOODcoin, i helped them with that coin too Smiley

To confirm, this release will cause a hard fork at the determined block number. This is because anyone on the old wallet will get an invalid Proof of Work for any blocks mined after. Once the wallets are released the seednodes will be updated, so its advisable to delete the peers.dat file to make sure the first time the new wallet connects is to the new updated wallets

OK. Thanks for the update and sorry if I underestimated your work. It's good the hear the behind this coin there is a professional programmer. Smiley

+1 Thank you from me too...
Is there any alive pool now , maybe Suprnova?
Smiley

Very soon, i've got the fix coded in and has been proven on testnet and on a private fork of the Main chain.

I would suggest reconsidering releasing  only a difficulty fix to the wild without doing a proper hard fork from a specific block number. (fortunately the coin has PoS blocks). I'm not an expert but as far as I know without a proper hard fork and giving enough time for everybody to update, the chances for blockchain forks are pretty high. One coin that I know of and had similar problems and succeed to do a proper update, was Goodcoin (https://github.com/stolenjs/gcfinal)

To confirm, this release will cause a hard fork at the determined block number. This is because anyone on the old wallet will get an invalid Proof of Work for any blocks mined after. Once the wallets are released the seednodes will be updated, so its advisable to delete the peers.dat file to make sure the first time the new wallet connects is to the new updated wallets

OK. Thanks for the update and sorry if I underestimated your work. It's good the hear that behind this coin there is a professional programmer. Smiley
legendary
★ v1.1.0.0 Wallet client downloads ★
Windows:
https://mega.co.nz/#!UcoSHKrT!sF7a8UxsWAIIIUmUfGuWVMsBR1Q18-289HJ5-XctZj0

Source:
https://github.com/mammix2/BoostCoin

This fixes the difficulty problems after block 1300. As said before this will cause a hard fork at block 1300 due to the Proof Or Work setting being different thereafter. You must all update your wallets as soon as possible. The OSX wallet will be ready in the next few hours.

Also updated are the PoS interest rates, and someone asked for a logo in the wallet so i put that in too Smiley
legendary

I would suggest reconsidering releasing  only a difficulty fix to the wild without doing a proper hard fork from a specific block number. (fortunately the coin has PoS blocks). I'm not an expert but as far as I know without a proper hard fork and giving enough time for everybody to update, the chances for blockchain forks are pretty high. One coin that I know of and had similar problems and succeed to do a proper update, was Goodcoin (https://github.com/stolenjs/gcfinal)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
given the pools haven't found a single block for over 41h and diff still high who are the ones mining this coin?

I actually minted some coins so I think the new blocks are PoS blocks.
Activity: 394
Crypto enthusiast
given the pools haven't found a single block for over 41h and diff still high who are the ones mining this coin?
legendary

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
Blocks over 600.There must be another pool or hashmonster.

I just hope people don't mine on a bad fork
Activity: 392
Blocks over 600.There must be another pool or hashmonster.
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
There are no new mine pool. .  boost.suprnova.cc points less than a block away

+1 ... What happoned with Suprnova , It seems It stucked on block 537...

Awaiting fix from dev...
Jump to: