Pages:
Author

Topic: bootstrap.dat - Bitcoin Core ? - page 2. (Read 4499 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006
Delusional crypto obsessionist
January 19, 2015, 12:13:23 PM
and not sure what you mean connected to nodes

Bottom right corner you have a progressbar red, yellow and green.
If you hover with your mouse it should tell you the number of nodes connected to you.
If it is zero it's bad. Usually it's 8 after a few minutes.
Could be higer, but then you have to forward some ports to your computer
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
January 19, 2015, 12:02:11 PM
It is a good sign, the client is currently verifying every block in the bootstrap to ensure the authenticity of the blocks. Depending on the age of the bootstrap, you may need to download a few more blocks before you would be up to date with the network.

I went to school and came back , found my PC off (probably my dad turned it off)
anyway ... the Bootstrap file got renamed from Bootstrap.dat to Bootstrap.dat.old and now when I run the Bitcoin Core it says : "No Block Source available ..."

What should I do , should I rename the Bootstrap from old to normal once again ?

From my memory, when the file got renamed, the process was completed.
Are you connected to nodes? You're sure you don't have some firewall activated somewhere?

I renamed it to Normal , and let it work again , now it says "Synchrozining to Network" but the years are not changing and the file go renamed once again to .old Shocked
and not sure what you mean connected to nodes
legendary
January 19, 2015, 11:17:05 AM
It is a good sign, the client is currently verifying every block in the bootstrap to ensure the authenticity of the blocks. Depending on the age of the bootstrap, you may need to download a few more blocks before you would be up to date with the network.

I went to school and came back , found my PC off (probably my dad turned it off)
anyway ... the Bootstrap file got renamed from Bootstrap.dat to Bootstrap.dat.old and now when I run the Bitcoin Core it says : "No Block Source available ..."

What should I do , should I rename the Bootstrap from old to normal once again ?

From my memory, when the file got renamed, the process was completed.
Are you connected to nodes? You're sure you don't have some firewall activated somewhere?
January 19, 2015, 11:14:01 AM

legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 4158
January 19, 2015, 10:43:24 AM
legendary
January 19, 2015, 08:31:14 AM
My Wallet was taking forever to download basically so I decided to download the torrent and it finished .
I deleted all the files on C:\Users\Imad\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\blocks , I guess it's the right thing to do when I downloaded the whole blockchain file , right ?
Still not sure where I should put the Bootstrap.dat file I tried C:\Users\Imad\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin but still not working . It says "Importing blocks from disk" is it a good sign or what ?

Yes, it means the chain is made from the bootstrap you downloaded, just wait.
January 19, 2015, 07:21:45 AM
My Wallet was taking forever to download basically so I decided to download the torrent and it finished .
I deleted all the files on C:\Users\Imad\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\blocks , I guess it's the right thing to do when I downloaded the whole blockchain file , right ?
Still not sure where I should put the Bootstrap.dat file I tried C:\Users\Imad\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin but still not working . It says "Importing blocks from disk" is it a good sign or what ?

I'am not a beginner on Bitcoin world , but I never tried Bitcoin core to be honest Grin I was always using Electrum & Multibit and now I simply wanna learn more about other wallets and see their features etc .. Smiley

Thank you guys
Pages:
Jump to: