Pages:
Author

Topic: Bottled water claims. - page 2. (Read 356 times)

Activity: 421
Merit: 97
March 11, 2020, 02:48:00 PM
If you drink a lot of water (2 litres a day at least) you'll notice that Nestle Pure Life water tastes much better than
Buxton water.

I also love Evian water which is more expensive but I feel more hydrated after I drink it (lol)

My family loves Aqua Carpatica but I am not a fan. I had once Svalbardi Polar Iceberg Water which is £70/bottle
and it was the best water I ever had in my life. It tasted fresh and free from other things other waters have.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
March 11, 2020, 06:31:53 AM
Well it's getting screwed up because they are allowing the environmentally destructive fracking to operate. The good news about the oil price war is that it could kill fracking. That will screw up banking though, as fracking was never designed to be profitable.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
March 11, 2020, 05:25:15 AM
There used to be a Portuguese mineral water that claimed "Radioativo Garantido" and I don't think they were lying.
Another marketing gimmick; everything is radioactive...
It's the degree and nature of radioactivity that is relevant! Banana Equivalent Dose.

Buxton mineral water journeys over 5,000 years until it is forced up through a mile of British rock and bottled at an untouched artesian source.
I hate this. It's on everything now, since the Brexit referendum. Our rock! Our rock! Not that foreign muck! Our good solid British rock! Perhaps as the ancient water forces its way through that rock it becomes suffused with British ValuesTM ?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392
Be a bank
March 11, 2020, 05:18:06 AM
There used to be a Portuguese mineral water that claimed "Radioativo Garantido" and I don't think they were lying.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
March 11, 2020, 04:37:46 AM
expect me to believe that it is over 5,000 years old.

They do this through analysis of the various hydrogen and oxygen isotopes in the water, a bit like carbon dating. If the water is isolated i.e. not replenished by new water, then the relative quantities of the different isotopes changes over time due to natural decay.

Technically they are probably correct if they have the data, and 'over' 5,000 years old implies a vague margin of error, so it's better than saying it is 5,000 years old.

As to the benefits of old water... I suspect it's purely a marketing gimmick.

Edit: It looks like tritium is the key isotope here. Interesting stuff:

Water can therefore be “aged” by measuring the relative amount of Tritium to other isotopes of Hydrogen in a water sample. A water sample that is recovered from a subterranean lake may have been there for (say) 100,000 years on average: the point is, that as soon as that water was sequestered away from the atmosphere, the relative amount of Tritium (compared to atmospheric water or recent rainfall) in that water begins to reduce...
https://www.quora.com/How-do-scientists-determine-the-age-of-water
Activity: 1974
Merit: 756
To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...
March 11, 2020, 04:21:24 AM
Technically they are not wrong.
Water doesn't disapear, or is created, It just changes form and state.

When you drink it, it breaks down in molecules, and eventually evaporates through your skin.
This is then condensed in the atmosphere as clouds, and when the temperature is right, it forms into water droplets which fall down as rain.
Rain is then absorbed by ground and collected deep inside earth crust in pockets, from where it's pushed by pressure back up as a spring
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
March 11, 2020, 03:53:06 AM
Here is a quote fromthe label on the Buxton mineral water bottle in front of me.
Buxton mineral water journeys over 5,000 years until it is forced up through a mile of British rock and bottled at an untouched artesian source.

I don't have a problem with the water as an alternative to my morning coffee, but, come on, do they really expect me to believe that it is over 5,000 years old. What happens when it runs out then - will they start fracking for old water. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: