Pages:
Author

Topic: bought lots of coins before knowing what they do... what do i do now? - page 3. (Read 411 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 100
There isn’t much that can be done now. But I would advise to wait for the prices of those coins to reach break even point or atleast at a price level you are comfortable selling them for.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund
Hi all! when i just got into crypto, it was december and i was a noob.. i made the mistake of buying lots of coins as per my friend's recommendation and i put my entire life savings in.. as per my friends' recommendation too. it turns out he was a really bad friend and gave me all the wrong advice to watch me crash and burn.. now my profile is more red than ever. Since then, i have focused all my free time on trying to learn and share what i have learnt with the community. right now, i m pretty much stuck with a -80% portfolio.. What do i do??? =( while i have made progress in my knowledge in crpyto, my portfolio is set in stone.... and getting more and more red as the days go by

You are indeed having a bad move on trusting a friend that turned your money into ashes. I supposed you shouldn't trust him anymore.
Well, we couldn't say that it will soon pump what you're holding right now will soon pump but we couldn't tell when.
All you have to do is start from the beginning and try again.
If you have money then you could start spending your time on research about the altcoins that you want to invest otherwise, start joining bounty campaigns where you could get bounties at the end of an ICO sale.
Hold them or sell them, it's your choice.
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506
Hi all! when i just got into crypto, it was december and i was a noob.. i made the mistake of buying lots of coins as per my friend's recommendation and i put my entire life savings in.. as per my friends' recommendation too. it turns out he was a really bad friend and gave me all the wrong advice to watch me crash and burn.. now my profile is more red than ever. Since then, i have focused all my free time on trying to learn and share what i have learnt with the community. right now, i m pretty much stuck with a -80% portfolio.. What do i do??? =( while i have made progress in my knowledge in crpyto, my portfolio is set in stone.... and getting more and more red as the days go by
Not all the coins what you have bought would go continuously down.So,just be patient and wait and see the price movements.May be some of the coins which you have bought may go high in price which would compensate the loss got from other coins.Once you get good profit,just sell those coins and invest in bitcoin which mostly does not disappoint its investors.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
That is your fault,because you have listened to other's advice/recommendations if you are risking your life investment you should have done a lot of research first before investing with those shitcoins,investments needs to have a lot of reading,researching various factors like developer team,product,roadmap and whitepaper should be considered first because most of the altcoins out there doesnt have any of these and you could avoid it when you have conducted research.
That is your fault,because you have listened to other's advice/recommendations if you are risking your life investment you should have done a lot of research first before investing with those shitcoins,investments needs to have a lot of reading,researching various factors like developer team,product,roadmap and whitepaper should be considered first because most of the altcoins out there doesnt have any of these and you could avoid it when you have conducted research.

i agree.. i was naive and stupid back then. but i;ve been really doing a lot of work reading up and i even came up with a bot to crawl the net for news! i  share the results on my blog, so people are more aware to not just trust others so  easily
not because the coin is RED meaning it will never comes up again.thouands of coins here in crypto has once been drops in the lowest form.but not they are doing good and having stable price,what im saying here is dont just become bitter while your a fool listening to someone where to put funds..let you tokens live in your folio..

Then for a while forgot about your folio,join campaigns either signature,bounty or social media gain payments and all of what the campaigns pay you,use as capital for another investing, now as what youve said learned more enough.

how do i gain payments from social media?
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
If you already know that the coins you invested in is dead or soon to be then you need to cut your loss because you'll end up losing everything, for me it is better if you try to cut your losses and start again from what is left, if you really know a lot about cryptos then you will reclaim your losses and even get some profit using it.
Activity: 258
Merit: 12
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
Your situation makes me feel worried yet you have mentioned that you risk all of your entire life savings on it which is really a very very risky thing to do as an investor and regarding to your friend his irresponsible on the words he told you about crypto investments.You do have fault too on entrusting him too much and coming a point where you do risk all of your savings. For now you are still breathing as long you arent selling its still not considered as loss. Just hold it up for long term.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
Your mistake was that you listened to someone and put there money you had to sort out yourself and then invest in coins then you would be confident in the profit
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
Sorry for you, if you friend really did tell you to buy coins at last December, he is not a very nice friend. Everything was at ATH in December.
It will not be easy for you to recover your loss. You will have to wait maybe until the next December?
Or you can still try to buy new ICO altcoins which may increase more in price. You will have to stay cool and not think too much about the amount of money you did lose.
Buy very cheap coins and stay with it. You may be able to recover your loss one day. Sometimes, the price of the coin may fall lower. But don't panic sell. Hodl and you should see some profits after some months.
Look carefully before buying a coin. Sometimes they got hacked or it could also be a scam. You need to study well the coin before investing into it.
Activity: 243

It's a pretty difficult decision, but you've made a mistake now and you're learning from it. Still, as #FaucetKING said do not sell at a loss. Better learn how to make some profit (from trading or bounty campaign) or invest in a winning coin and hold those coins until their price has changed at least a bit, then sold them all.
Activity: 753
As they told you before: never invest money that is not ready to lose! Nobody can say exactly which coin will grow in the future, but which will not. The market of crypto-currency is not very predictable, so listen to the advice, but the decision must be made, personally by you.
Activity: 518
Merit: 268
Never invest in something that you don't know, especially if you can't even take the time to read a simple whitepaper. The best thing you could do right now is selling all the coins that you don't believe will succeed. With the money you get by selling, either take your loss or invest them in projects that you think will succeed, but you should definitely do your own research. Also don't invest in too many coins at the same time, it takes a lot of time to keep yourself up to date with the latest news regarding that project.
yes i learnt that the hard way... i am learning how to read and acquire information.. i am also sharing it with the world, i think it is very importnat to inform people and not let them repeat my mistakes.. i think u are right.. i should invest in less coins.. but most of the advice given is to hodl them till i have a profot before selling them off
You should definitely do that, preventing people from making your mistakes is a very grateful thing to do. You should definitely hold the coins you have fate in, but don't make the mistake to keep coins that will never recover. Also don't start day trading, unless you know what you're doing. A lot of newbies made this mistake and made giant losses.

yes all my analysis from my research is on my blog! haha do support it and spread it ard.. its very new and i have great plans for it.. adding in one aspect at a time... yea omg.. i even tried margin trading.. bad idea... hmm but maybe when march is over il start selling away all the bad coins.. there are some 'landmark' events upcoming in march for some of them.. good idea?
I would have sold the bad coins right now, waiting only gives you more loss. I don't know about the landmark events in march, but if you believe that's a good opportunity, then do it. I personally invest only in Bitcoin and some alternatives like Litecoin to have a backup, low cap coins don't feel good for me.

i see.. thanks.. yes ill probably sell them after march for BTC/ ETH
thats about it i think, good choice? xD
If it's your choice, then it's a good choice.
Don't let them tell you what to do, keep that it in mind Wink
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
You must have bought the coins at all time high or near all time high.
Now that you have learned and hopefully done your research on your holdings, hold the good coins, or even average down.
For the not so promising coins, sell when the price recovers or sell to buy a better coin now.
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
not because the coin is RED meaning it will never comes up again.thouands of coins here in crypto has once been drops in the lowest form.but not they are doing good and having stable price,what im saying here is dont just become bitter while your a fool listening to someone where to put funds..let you tokens live in your folio..

Then for a while forgot about your folio,join campaigns either signature,bounty or social media gain payments and all of what the campaigns pay you,use as capital for another investing, now as what youve said learned more enough.
Never invest in something that you don't know, especially if you can't even take the time to read a simple whitepaper. The best thing you could do right now is selling all the coins that you don't believe will succeed. With the money you get by selling, either take your loss or invest them in projects that you think will succeed, but you should definitely do your own research. Also don't invest in too many coins at the same time, it takes a lot of time to keep yourself up to date with the latest news regarding that project.
yes i learnt that the hard way... i am learning how to read and acquire information.. i am also sharing it with the world, i think it is very importnat to inform people and not let them repeat my mistakes.. i think u are right.. i should invest in less coins.. but most of the advice given is to hodl them till i have a profot before selling them off
You should definitely do that, preventing people from making your mistakes is a very grateful thing to do. You should definitely hold the coins you have fate in, but don't make the mistake to keep coins that will never recover. Also don't start day trading, unless you know what you're doing. A lot of newbies made this mistake and made giant losses.

yes all my analysis from my research is on my blog! haha do support it and spread it ard.. its very new and i have great plans for it.. adding in one aspect at a time... yea omg.. i even tried margin trading.. bad idea... hmm but maybe when march is over il start selling away all the bad coins.. there are some 'landmark' events upcoming in march for some of them.. good idea?
I would have sold the bad coins right now, waiting only gives you more loss. I don't know about the landmark events in march, but if you believe that's a good opportunity, then do it. I personally invest only in Bitcoin and some alternatives like Litecoin to have a backup, low cap coins don't feel good for me.

i see.. thanks.. yes ill probably sell them after march for BTC/ ETH
thats about it i think, good choice? xD

Activity: 462
Hodl or sell and buy better coins but the latter is more risky choice compared the first one. But even if you invest in good coins now, you can still lose money as most of the coins are overvalued.
Pages:
Jump to: