Pages:
Author

Topic: Bought my first BTC @ $4600, slightly worried - page 9. (Read 7815 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 114
The best advice I've heard, and I can't recall from who, but it was someone a TV financial show, was "Put 1 or 2% of your net worth in bitcoin, and don't look at it again for 10 years".  Of course, that easier said than done, but that is the attitude you need to survive the ups and downs of cyrptos if you want to be an investor (not a trader).  It's probably going to pump and crash 5 or 10 more times over the next 10 years, but hopefully end up much, much higher over the long run.
Activity: 979
Merit: 258
Wow you don't wait for the drop happens and now bitcoin price drop into $3.8 dollars and if you do that maybe you can wait and worry no more since the bitcoin price will be increase soon all you need to do is to watch but it will depends on you, you already brought some bitcoin for me i suggest for you to trade that or make a cycle invest and trading for you to earn profit once the price of all coins will be in the green lane again.
Wait it until it will drop its price and then but it. We should learn the basic rules in trading just wait for the coins to drop its price and then buy it. Thats the thing that we shall do. And thats the best thing to do. But in that case he already buy it. Wait until bitcoin grow its price more even now.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
The price drop was 20% drop and i think the price will increase back again and i think the price will not go more below $3,800 and the price will increase more soon if you wanted to make profit better to buy bitcoin with the todays price and you will be lucky that bitcoin price right now are really cheap and the price of bitcoin will increase more sooner after the china realize that they do a wrong move..
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
  Prepare yourself for long term holding, before I started buying bitcoin I spent a lot of time here reading and there are topics from before 3 years, where people wrote about how
they bought on $1200, and bitcoin soon after dropped to $200. Who had patience to wait until now he made good profit but with little waiting. You have the same problem now,
you bought on high price and bitcoin dropped, like before now you need to have patience for your investment. Do not panic, selling now will just lose money and later when bitcoin
rise you will regret cause of your decision made in panic.

This is undoubtedly a latent possibility, but keep in mind that one of the golden rules of any investment instrument is that "past performance is not indicative of future results", so we should not expect to see the same conditions that led to the bitcoin to suffer that spectacular fall and subsequent recovery.

On the contrary, with a more mature and well-known market, where a great growth can be expected in the next years, there are enough elements to think that this retracement is temporary and in a few weeks we will be seeing bitcoin recover its upward trend.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
Wow you don't wait for the drop happens and now bitcoin price drop into $3.8 dollars and if you do that maybe you can wait and worry no more since the bitcoin price will be increase soon all you need to do is to watch but it will depends on you, you already brought some bitcoin for me i suggest for you to trade that or make a cycle invest and trading for you to earn profit once the price of all coins will be in the green lane again.
legendary
Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055
DEV of DeepOnion community pool
If found this somewhere else recently, credits to the original designer but it is still very true in these days!:

Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
Been worried is normal, but you have nothing to fear, BTC will surely rise again, but I speculate a fall between November and December,this is happen because it is an holiday season everyone need money at this time,Relax and watch your investment grow. Ensure you study the market next time in other to understand when to invest.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
   Prepare yourself for long term holding, before I started buying bitcoin I spent a lot of time here reading and there are topics from before 3 years, where people wrote about how
they bought on $1200, and bitcoin soon after dropped to $200. Who had patience to wait until now he made good profit but with little waiting. You have the same problem now,
you bought on high price and bitcoin dropped, like before now you need to have patience for your investment. Do not panic, selling now will just lose money and later when bitcoin
rise you will regret cause of your decision made in panic.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
Relax OP, bitcoin will bounce back and you will have profit soon. It is normal that you feel worried about your investment But someday, you will get used to this kind of volatility of bitcoin. When it crash, it crash. Leave it for a few months and it will bounce back and much higher than before.

If this is anything like the last time that the Chinese government pummeled the market with ban rumors, then he might not have profit for years. I hate to say it, but breaking down from this daily Bollinger Band squeeze is a sign that we have entered a downtrend. It's very possible then that this year's rally is over.

Personally, I won't be selling any coins until we form a confirmed lower high on the weekly charts. But that would likely be 1-2 months away. In the meantime, I won't be surprised to see $3000 or below. I hope not, but... it looks bad.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

For all I know, this is just a shakeout before new all-time highs next week. But it's also possible that you bought a long term top. You need to be prepared for that. Undecided

This is true crypto now we are hight and go higher is harder but limited 21m BTC cap is helping here a lot.
So only dened on time when price will rebounce higher. Fiat are unlimited.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
Relax OP, bitcoin will bounce back and you will have profit soon. It is normal that you feel worried about your investment But someday, you will get used to this kind of volatility of bitcoin. When it crash, it crash. Leave it for a few months and it will bounce back and much higher than before.
Activity: 663
Merit: 501
quarkchain.io
you have nothing to worry about, as i see bitcoin will pump soon and reach $5000, so if you buy at $4600 you just have to hold your btc and wait for it. if it reaches $5000 then you can sell to get your profit or hold it still to earn more in the following days

Yes there is nothing to worry as price will recover and get back to normal very soon but OP should not get panic and should have patience to hold it till it crosses $5k mark and if he sells now then he will be making major loss on his investments so instead of selling those coins he should buy some more coins at this price.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 870
I personally suggest you OP to not sell your bitcoins. Imagine you bought them on 4600$ and now if you sell them, you will see a huge loss. This fall doesn't means it will fall forever, it's even normal because if coin rises it was to fall sometimes. Finally it will rise, it's only time of wait, if you hold them and wait even for year if situation will require it, you will see profit.
Depends on how you can to wait.. Welcome to crypto world..
Activity: 665
Merit: 114
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
you have nothing to worry about, as i see bitcoin will pump soon and reach $5000, so if you buy at $4600 you just have to hold your btc and wait for it. if it reaches $5000 then you can sell to get your profit or hold it still to earn more in the following days
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1268
whatever you do do not sell!
you can take confidence that the value will rise again
there are people ready to buy now at a low price, its a great
opportunity and the price increase will follow.
Activity: 650
Merit: 500
Just like i said a few minutes ago in another thread, you can look at the historical charts, everytime that bitcoin went down, it goes up so hardly, and nothing can stop it. Bitcoin will continue to go up, doesnt matter what, but it has to makes some stops, it can be bullish everytime.
So lets give it some time, bitcoin will recover, but it needs time for it to happen.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
wiser person will not allowed to sell a their loss its better to hold it and never to think to panic while the crash is still on going, I might suggest to think
about your position about this investment if you are a long term holder just keep it inside your wallet and stop looking inside exchange do your routine
and stay calm.
Yeah, i agree with this he should hold it when the price is still on the crash. OP should stop thinking about of his investments, it will make him crazy and go panic. Holding is the best choice if they want to gain a profit for what they had invested.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
Hey guys, new member here Smiley

I've been watching Bitcoin's development since early August this year, and I finally gave in and bought 1 BTC for $4600. I didn't wait because I figured the value could easily break the $5000 barrier at any time, and if the price would suddenly normalize above that level, 1 BTC would be outside my budget.

I probably went OCD on the matter and should've waited instead of having to have 1 full BTC, especially since the ICO-related news from China were still pretty recent.

Anyway: the 2nd wave of news regarding shutdown of local exchanges hit hours after I made the purchace, and the value plummeted (it's now hovering just above $4000, that's a 13% decrease). Lesson learned I guess. I've been lurking on the forums for a couple of months trying to pick up some sound advice from you guys, and from what I've gathered I should stick with holding for 5-10 years instead of panicking. But honestly, it's tough to ride the lows.

Any words of encouragement? Grin I guess I'm not the only one who've had a nervous start in the world of cryptocurrencies. Anyone else feeling like they "need" to acquire 1 BTC before the train leaves the station for good?

Up and down is very common. In the past this happened too, from around $ 500 to $ 100. If you believe that the price will reach $ 5000 someday, then keep trust on your own thought. Keep watching the price movement and if the trend back to positive again, you could buy another bitcoin, hence if the price reached the expected number, you will get more profit.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
Hey guys, new member here Smiley

I've been watching Bitcoin's development since early August this year, and I finally gave in and bought 1 BTC for $4600. I didn't wait because I figured the value could easily break the $5000 barrier at any time, and if the price would suddenly normalize above that level, 1 BTC would be outside my budget.

I probably went OCD on the matter and should've waited instead of having to have 1 full BTC, especially since the ICO-related news from China were still pretty recent.

Anyway: the 2nd wave of news regarding shutdown of local exchanges hit hours after I made the purchace, and the value plummeted (it's now hovering just above $4000, that's a 13% decrease). Lesson learned I guess. I've been lurking on the forums for a couple of months trying to pick up some sound advice from you guys, and from what I've gathered I should stick with holding for 5-10 years instead of panicking. But honestly, it's tough to ride the lows.

Any words of encouragement? Grin I guess I'm not the only one who've had a nervous start in the world of cryptocurrencies. Anyone else feeling like they "need" to acquire 1 BTC before the train leaves the station for good?

Dude, never worry if you're not a day trader here. All Chinese do is speculation to make the price o down. Then they exploit other normal people's bitcoins by buying them with cheap prices.
Activity: 490
Merit: 136
From reading other boards on this forum it is only very recent that people were saying bitcoin was headed for 5k and beyond so I would not worry
Pages:
Jump to: