Pages:
Author

Topic: <Bounty> 1 BTC for the least worded T-Shirt - page 2. (Read 9865 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
February 27, 2013, 01:43:23 PM

Has this bounty been given out or what this is quite an old thread now??

i'm pretty sure that the bounty was already given out, but i like things like this and noticed nobody had yet made this suggestion. however, i also figured that maybe there would be bitcoiners out there looking to make cool t-shirts, and this name might catch on...if so, then i'd probably buy the shirt if i saw it offered...also, hoping maybe someone would throw the newbie a BTC Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
February 27, 2013, 04:34:36 AM

Has this bounty been given out or what this is quite an old thread now??
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
February 26, 2013, 01:45:35 AM
BTC - BiaTCh!!

'newbie' here could use the BTC Smiley
13rMXr81ogKcDGzWYjSLQauhdJXKVnBHGR
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
February 26, 2013, 01:20:48 AM
Chicks dig bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
February 25, 2013, 04:19:38 PM
USD < BTC
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
Activity: 238
February 23, 2013, 03:09:13 AM
Bitcoin : My body is ready.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
February 22, 2013, 07:44:05 PM
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
February 22, 2013, 08:57:39 AM

Because Bitcoin

Buy here http://bitcoinpride.com/index.php/activism/because-bitcoin.html

Bounty Address : 16aRu5cV8jRczZTYdpkYcmZC3zuXDYoXkF
donator
Activity: 1736
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
February 15, 2013, 03:36:29 PM
If that were not so easily perceived as racist by non-nerds, I would wear that.
Activity: 154
February 15, 2013, 01:08:57 AM

Activity: 295
February 02, 2013, 05:24:53 PM
Just picked up this thread, hope it's not too late to join in. Having a quick think about what might attract people's attention while getting the basic message across, here's a first stab:

Made this design available for sale in my spreadshirt shop, plus a "Global currency" variation:

http://scribewear.spreadshirt.co.uk/bitcoin-C202151

Can make changes if wanted, just ask!
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036
More like,

"This thread promises a bounty. A bounty it is not, for a bounty is awarded to the first person to complete the task." Dog the Bounty Hunter doesn't have to compete with other bounty hunters to see who got the best bail-jumper.

"This thread describes a contest. A contest it is not, for a contest has a winner. This contest has only losers, the people that spent their time creating intellectual property in exchange for nothing."

"This thread contains an offer of 1 BTC. If you can figure out how to get it paid, good luck to you."

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
I was thinking of a tee with a QR to a blockchain.info address and the text "Steal this Wallet" with small text "good luck with that" underneath.

something along the lines of. "This shirt contains free money. If you can figure out how to get it, than it belongs to you."
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
I was thinking of a tee with a QR to a blockchain.info address and the text "Steal this Wallet" with small text "good luck with that" underneath.

AWESOME
donator
Activity: 1736
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Activity: 444
I prefer evolution to revolution.
authority should be in quotes imo because if they are actually authority than ignoring them would be stupid. Do you ignore your doctors advise? Now change the scenario slightly, what if your doctor was actually a pizza delivery boy disguised as a doctor, now would you ignore his advise? This is why we ignore the state, not because we reject the notion of authority, but rather because they are really not authority at all. Thus the quotation marks.

other than that 1 minor detail, i really like this submission.
I love how you totally ignore the meaning implied in the governments' official usage of the word "authority".  It's a bit dangerous, though perhaps here in the forums the danger is quite small.

Maybe you don't run into problems talking to people IRL about authority, but if you do, (and maybe this would be better on the shirt), use "fake authority".  They'll likely ask what you mean, and you can explain the difference between being forced at gunpoint to pretend you believe someone and actually believing them because they've done the mental work required to know what they're talking about.  "Just following orders" is an excellent omen of fake authority.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

authority should be in quotes imo because if they are actually authority than ignoring them would be stupid. Do you ignore your doctors advise? Now change the scenario slightly, what if your doctor was actually a pizza delivery boy disguised as a doctor, now would you ignore his advise? This is why we ignore the state, not because we reject the notion of authority, but rather because they are really not authority at all. Thus the quotation marks.

other than that 1 minor detail, i really like this submission.
Pages:
Jump to: