Pages:
Author

Topic: [BOUNTY] fix mobile WLCj wallet for android - page 2. (Read 7371 times)

staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
I'm trying to build it but it doesn't work. I tried using maven and through android studio but neither seems to build it. How did you build the app that is on the website?
staff
Just writing some code
That's funny. Could you try knightdk's APK?

I'm still trying to figure out the android builder. Maven is having trouble resolving perfectly OK artifacts, even after clearing my repository cache.

Hi i can not see the apk, where did he put it?
I just used the apk on your website and that worked fine for me. I am currently building my own version and testing that.
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
CEO WINC e. V.

I'm still trying to figure out the android builder. Maven is having trouble resolving perfectly OK artifacts, even after clearing my repository cache.

Hi i can not see the apk, where did he put it?
Activity: 392
Merit: 268
Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

CEO WINC e. V.
Could you try uninstalling the app completely and then reinstalling it? (It's possible you were just installing the new test versions as upgrades over the current app, meaning data isn't cleared).

10K is a spot where the wallet would write back some data to storage.

Did it, still crashing.. is there more data that needsto be deleted?

Yes, the application's whole data directory. If you pull up app info on it there should be options to clear cache and clear data.

Hi i tried to install the apk on a friends s3 mini than never saw a wallet before and i got the same error so a clean install is not enough -pointing to a memory issue..

Code:
java.lang.outOfMemoryError
BitcoinSerializer.java
deserializePayload
Could you try uninstalling the app completely and then reinstalling it? (It's possible you were just installing the new test versions as upgrades over the current app, meaning data isn't cleared).

Yes, the application's whole data directory. If you pull up app info on it there should be options to clear cache and clear data.
CEO WINC e. V.

CEO WINC e. V.
I uploaded all changes on github -namecoinj. Is there a way to get the android build up to date on my s3 mini without rooting?
Install the apk. How have you been testing it?

I just run it on my phone but the wallet stops syncing somewhere. At first it crashes at block 10k then it loads some more until it stops completely at some block (11964). Always producing ouOfMemoryError s. I will test installing the apk tomorrow see you then...
It is possible that your phone simply doesn't have enough RAM and thus can't run the app.

Of course but the namecoin-wallet installes correctly..
staff
Just writing some code
I uploaded all changes on github -namecoinj. Is there a way to get the android build up to date on my s3 mini without rooting?

I just run it on my phone but the wallet stops syncing somewhere. At first it crashes at block 10k then it loads some more until it stops completely at some block (11964). Always producing ouOfMemoryError s. I will test installing the apk tomorrow see you then...
It is possible that your phone simply doesn't have enough RAM and thus can't run the app.
CEO WINC e. V.

staff
Just writing some code
CEO WINC e. V.
staff
Just writing some code
Awesome, thanks. I'll try building on my own machine again soon. Are you building against API level 14, as per the pom.xml?
I just used the version on his site with a logcat app and I did not see any errors. The github for the app has not been updated for a few days. Doesn't the pom.xml need to be changed to use wlcj and not namecoinj?

He also already committed the changes to wlcj so I won't submit a PR.
Awesome, thanks. I'll try building on my own machine again soon. Are you building against API level 14, as per the pom.xml?
staff
Just writing some code
My phone made it past 10k, and is around 17k and syncing right now. I'll continue testing with adb.

Edit: I've fetched up to the second to last block. Was this version built before my last change?
you should just commit the changes to github and submit him a pull request to make sure that the changes are correct.

I will also test the app on my phone.

Edit: just ran the app and there were no errors.

My working copy is a mess due to debugging code. I'd need to redo many of the changes cleanly to make a PR.
When I get to my computer I can make all the changes she submit the PR. My code is relatively clean and I can do it quickly.

Awesome, thanks! Just to confirm, with an up to date android build, you can sync to the last (not second to last) block? In that case, should we begin testing with real coins and various transaction patterns?
It loads all the way.
My phone made it past 10k, and is around 17k and syncing right now. I'll continue testing with adb.

Edit: I've fetched up to the second to last block. Was this version built before my last change?
you should just commit the changes to github and submit him a pull request to make sure that the changes are correct.

My working copy is a mess due to debugging code. I'd need to redo many of the changes cleanly to make a PR.
When I get to my computer I can make all the changes she submit the PR. My code is relatively clean and I can do it quickly.

Awesome, thanks! Just to confirm, with an up to date android build, you can sync to the last (not second to last) block? In that case, should we begin testing with real coins and various transaction patterns?
staff
Just writing some code

staff
Just writing some code

Pages:
Jump to: