Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty Hunters let's unite and pursue legal action re: KYC - page 2. (Read 347 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 13
If you don't wanna deal with the kyc then you should definitely asking first if kyc is required to be eligible in rewards, if it's required then don't join. The thing is no one forces us to join their bounty, if you want to join then follow their rules.
Though personally I'm not favor to do this kyc since we're not investors however we can't do anything about it since only the team can decide whether they gonna require it or not.

As he mentions in the original post, the problem is that a lot of bounties decide to ask for KYC only after they ended.
And there are even such scumbags who write with big bolded red letters that KYC wont happen and then go dlete this message after ICO has ended and ask for KYC.

Actually people who live in EU can take action using GDPR which provides legal basis in various ways. This offcourse would work only with those teams who are in reach ( they are based in country which is not 3rd world country where law cant be effectively used).
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
I share your frustration that KYC rules are abused by many ICO's. There is no legal requirement for you to disclose your identity if you did not send them money to get your tokens. It is very unsafe to be sending pictures of your ID to people who often turn out to be scammers. Unfortunately many are now asking for ID so they can weed out those participating in the bounty using many different identities. I doubt a law suit will change anything as they can take years to get to court and you would have to sue hundreds of ICO's to have any real effect on industry practice. The only real solution for this is a self sovereign identity platform on the blockchain that can verify things about you without disclosing all your information. Lots of projects working on this but so far none that I know of that have cracked it.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
it is really a problem if the bounty requires KYC after it ends. we can't do anything about it and maybe that is their strategy so that bounty hunters can't claim their rewards.
Activity: 415
Merit: 10
Although we all hate such a profession, I don't think KYC has any benefits. What should basically be solved is the ICO project technology and market, not the KYC.
Activity: 308
Merit: 49
I realize that the KYC problem is the most significant risk as a Bounty Hunter. I honestly oppose KYC rules in a campaign, but what can I do, the rules have been made by managers, like it or not about that, I must follow them the rule
Activity: 980
Merit: 294
If you don't wanna deal with the kyc then you should definitely asking first if kyc is required to be eligible in rewards, if it's required then don't join. The thing is no one forces us to join their bounty, if you want to join then follow their rules.
Though personally I'm not favor to do this kyc since we're not investors however we can't do anything about it since only the team can decide whether they gonna require it or not.

In essence, these companies derived free advertising from us without paying a wage by misleading us, which could fall under humans rights abuse or at the very least breach of advertising law.
Don't call it wage, this is just a bounty reward.

Anyone else who shares my views, is willing to help contribute financially so we can pool our money together in a legal fund, do contact me.
Alright. I just laughed. Seriously?
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
Issue of Kyc is not auguring well with me and I feel uncomfortable about it because no one can be sure what's happening to your documents at the other side of the computer and it's becoming more rampant but coming together to fight this menace would be a bit difficult because I'm afraid I won't be able to send fund to an anonymous person in the name of litigation against Kyc
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
this problem often occurs in various bounties and as a bounty hunter we must be smart and always be critical to always ask the bounty manager about receiving reward, whether to use KYC or not. everyone has different opinions about KYC and we also cannot lie that the potential for identity abuse can be done in this KYC process.

so we also have to be good at analyzing and can choose precisely the bounty that we will follow, because it is not just investors who have to research, but the bounty hunter must be able to do it.
copper member
Activity: 123
Merit: 4
As many of you are aware, a majority of bounty campaigns are now requiring KYC from us bounty hunters before releasing their tokens due to supposed regulations or "pressure" that the banks are placing upon them. This is fine for bounty campaigns that declared this before we contributed to their bounty campaign, however for bounty campaigns that didn't inform us KYC would be required, this is in my opinion against our rights. In essence, these companies derived free advertising from us without paying a wage by misleading us, which could fall under humans rights abuse or at the very least breach of advertising law.

For serious bounty promoters who are willing to help contribute to a legal fund so we can begin taking legal action against these campaigns so they can pay us our legal costs in pursuance of such action, plus the tokens that are owed to us, please do PM me. I'm not a scammer, those of you who know me know I own ICOVeteran.com - a respected ICO review site that I used to run during the ICO boom.

We cannot stand by idly whilst tokens that are owed to us are withheld behind KYC. The reason I personally refuse to participate in the KYC is because I've experienced identify theft in the past, and some of these ICOs are actually part of crime syndicates which I don't wish to share my personal details with.

Anyone else who shares my views, is willing to help contribute financially so we can pool our money together in a legal fund, do contact me.

Thank you.

Pages:
Jump to: