Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty hunters risk on ERC20 tokens in ICO - page 6. (Read 10484 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 101
indirectly it is detrimental to the bounty, because they expect compensation for their work,
in order to replace it with fiat money, or to convert it to another altcoin.
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
BTC $1 mln.
Bounty campaigns are not regulated at all and the rules often change during a campaign or after it is over. Now there are many different tricks to bounty hunters did not get their coins. One such trick is to swap coins from one erc20 to another erc20, as a result of which many bounty hunters do not do it and most of the coins remain in the wallets of the project team.

I think you need to more carefully select a project to participate in and pay attention to who the bounty manager is and the team members. You can also use bounty platforms to be more confident that you will get what you earn.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 100
Only few project i have seen that they had locked the token in previous some projects but that was to avoid dumping from bounty hunters.
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
I don't know if everybody knows this, but there is now a risk in getting involved in ERC20 based ICO, and that is they are locking bounty hunters rewards after they've sent it to their bounty hunters,

So even if the coins are already sent to your wallet you really don't own it, because they can lock it anytime at their whims that's what happens to Dexage and Liker, they sent the tokens to their bounty hunters then lock it, so they will not dump, and will only unlock it maybe after they dump all their shares and run away.

what's your take on this bounty hunters?
That's a risk of being hunter, though of course you have nothing to lose but your time not unless you join the bounty and also you invest. We have to go for good bounties, but right now its hard to find it maybe when the price of bitcoin becomes good again, then good projects will come out and offer a good bounty reward. There are so many losses on the part of bounty hunters in the past months.
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
What I have ever felt is that when I have received a reward from the bounty and the project locks it for reasons so that there is no dump and so that the value of the token increases. And I as a bounty hunter also understand that, I also can't do anything except follow what they do. Indeed there are also projects that lock in rewards for bounty hunters and until now the project no longer exists. It is very painful if we are in this situation, all have the right to sell the tokens they have. But on the other hand we want the value of the token to be valuable.
Activity: 1140
Merit: 103
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
they do that to avoid dumps and think if the one who does dump is bounty hunter, in my opinion it's only nonsense because bounty hunter doesn't have many tokens that will cause dump and in my opinion locking tokens is not problem as long as you have received payment
Lock tokens are also done for team and advisor so it is impossible for them to sell and run

Great, I just hope that will be the reality on all of these story that the team will not run. Last 2017 we've encountered some bounty campaign that ran away, and although they've given us the reward tokens but it was so disappointing that there was no trading volume on exchange site for our crypto reward. The ico platform is always dependent on how the developers will honestly run the ico, we can't say finally how legit unless it went through exchange site launching.
Activity: 1050
they do that to avoid dumps and think if the one who does dump is bounty hunter, in my opinion it's only nonsense because bounty hunter doesn't have many tokens that will cause dump and in my opinion locking tokens is not problem as long as you have received payment
Lock tokens are also done for team and advisor so it is impossible for them to sell and run
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 2212
I'm not surprised, it's very similar to releasing tokens to bounty hunters (unlocked) a month or three after the ICO/IEO which is also becoming common. It's obviously very frustrating for bounty hunters to receive tokens at 80%+ losses, as opposed to nearer the ICO price (or at least initial listing price), but I understand why the project do this. The only advantage I can see from this is that it encourages bounty hunters to engage with projects that they believe in (to a certain extend) or at least expect a more stable exchange price from after trading begins.
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
If the project is legit I don't mind the lock for the time being to at least avoid dumpers ,its one of the way to control dumpers and I like it ,for those saying it favours the teams just put yourself in the teams shoe ,I'm not supporting those project that put locks on tokens just to sell there own tokens ,I'm talking about serious projects
Yes, they do it to save the price of their asset. This is a good sign that the project will fight for the right to be under the sun. Of course, if they are not scammers.
Activity: 938
Merit: 159

actually it is not a good thing for the bounty hunters, this would mean a further wait before being able to monetize their work and with the uncertainty of the price in the long term, i hope that not all the ico will adopt this system
Activity: 453
Merit: 2
https://goldeth.io/
yes I think it is indeed a risk for bounty hunters who have got tokens but cannot be sold because they are still locked / still being held. for example, the FBN token in the ERC20 wallet clearly has high value but unfortunately it is still locked and we cannot sell it now.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 252
in my opinion, if locking is a common thing in the bounty world, especially ico I myself often follow bounties that do that, but indeed their purpose is good except that most locking projects do not guarantee the price will remain stable because some bounties can be dumped for no apparent reason such as bounty dealcoin sees now becoming garbage even though they have imposed locking for more than three months
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️
There is no way to avoid this cos you won't know which project will implement locks on there tokens until after bounty ends ,the only way to stop this is to stop promoting bounties based on erc20 tokens but we all know that 90% of new projects uses erc20
Activity: 350
Merit: 4
If the project is legit I don't mind the lock for the time being to at least avoid dumpers ,its one of the way to control dumpers and I like it ,for those saying it favours the teams just put yourself in the teams shoe ,I'm not supporting those project that put locks on tokens just to sell there own tokens ,I'm talking about serious projects
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1043
Need A Campaign Manager? | Contact Little_Mouse
This strategy favors to the team because bounty hunters can't sell their token as it is locked.

I'm not surprised that this kind of strategy has been done by different ICO's already because I also experienced this kind of situation. The team knows that most if not all of the bounty hunters will sell their tokens immediately so before they will do it. The investors and the team themselves will sell their tokens leaving the bounty hunters empty handed Cheesy.
Activity: 854
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
I don't know if everybody knows this, but there is now a risk in getting involved in ERC20 based ICO, and that is they are locking bounty hunters rewards after they've sent it to their bounty hunters,

So even if the coins are already sent to your wallet you really don't own it, because they can lock it anytime at their whims that's what happens to Dexage and Liker, they sent the tokens to their bounty hunters then lock it, so they will not dump, and will only unlock it maybe after they dump all their shares and run away.

All of that is a risk for bounty hunters, but for me it's a ridiculous if they lock the token. I don't think it's just on Dexage and Liker. I also saw the Twogap project too, bounty hunter can be trade only 40% from token they earn and 60% will be unlock 1 year after listing.
Activity: 546
Merit: 21
Sounds like another trick scams project use this days ,its a good idea to lock tokens to avoid dumps but it should be in a matter of time ,its should be announced on there social media channels ,some are up to a year and the lesser ones are around 6months ,i was able to make better profits from the project that does this to me in the past,it works actually.
Activity: 868
Merit: 289

You can only own it once you are able to transfer it into the exchange where you can sell it there at anytime you want.  
And as far as I know there 20% that will be unlock to their wallet, and besides DXG or dexage is not the only utility token
did this in this business with crypto trading.
Activity: 494
I think the risky bounty can not be avoided, especially the bounty is spreading on the forum and I can say that not all of these are legit but there are also bounty legit but few in erc20 maybe they plan to make tokens or replace of the tokens when they have funds.
Activity: 560
Merit: 10
This is very much bad aspect of the projects launching bounty campaigns. Before they establish their projects, they need publicity to help them to get to that place. And that is where bounty hunters come in helping them establish their project by publishing their projects through bounty campaigns. But they are the one who often do not value bounty hunters. Very sad. 
Pages:
Jump to: