Pages:
Author

Topic: [BOUNTY] Info leading to criminal arrest in ASIC Theft. Escrow via John K. - page 3. (Read 9356 times)

legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
no security cameras?

you might have better luck going around sniffing wifi packets, good 'ol wardrivin' Wink

I had a Foscam right in front of the Avalon. Unfortunately, it's buggy and resets every once in a while, pointing upwards. I have a video of my ceiling fan during the burglary.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
This is sad. You need to think how the thieve got your address. It might might be someone you know personally.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
no security cameras?

you might have better luck going around sniffing wifi packets, good 'ol wardrivin' Wink
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
It's someone you know.

It's gut-wrenching to think that, but it is plausible :|

What are the odds ? How was his address obtained ? Did he put it out there ? Need more info.

Either way, good luck recovering your rig and finding the perp. That's just awful, and peculiar, to have such a specifically targeted robbery Sad
Activity: 484
Merit: 500
I hope you find this guy that totally is horrible.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
Holy crap, I hope this mystery is solved.  To think someone specifically targeted the miner and broke into a home to steal it?  That's crazy. 

I am also in the north DFW area, so I will keep an eye out.
gbx
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Yeah, I'm sorry to hear that... This is some crazy wild west territory we're in, but this is the first I've heard of someone being physically robbed from to get the coin.  

Here's my thoughts based on your information.

1.  How many people knew you had this box?  They're all suspect IMHO.  Including the original shipper...  Avalon I presume?

2.  Concerning eBay.  Who have you done business with in the past that might look at your "items for sale" link that are related to bitcoin.  Buy any riser cards?  Any bitcoin paraphernalia that would give someone a shipping address on your box based on a previous purchase?  All suspect IMHO.  I don't see how a random passer by on eBay would be able to obtain your address without buying something or selling something to you.

I also see how anyone would brag about a having a "stolen" Avalon.  And if they did, there's honor among thieves...  unfortunately.

I hope you catch the bastard!  I do!!!  I'm sure you've run down all these options... but I'd be looking for people I'd done business with in the past that might be within 0-8 hours drive from where you live.  Chances are, the thief is mining with that and not trying to resell it.  So you might need get some good suspects and then social engineer that situation for a while to get any answers.

You need a home alarm system, a mean dog, and a gun safe loaded to the gills my bitcoin brother...
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
I'm very sorry to hear this CrazyBlane, it is quite unfortunate.

Good luck finding the perpetrator.
Activity: 239
Merit: 250
Did you post your address up publicly something?
legendary
Anything else taken or just the Avalon?

Just the Avalon, left behind a few FPGA miners. He obviously wanted to be in and out very quickly. I've since moved what's left to a remote location.
Activity: 224
I really hope that the person responsible gets jail time and a hefty Avalon sized fine. Also; I have never seen a thread be so well matched with forum avatar...
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
a guy in austin offered to sell an Avalon that was not his.  perhaps this is your guy?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/suspected-scammer-mosper-227232
Activity: 238
Copy of the police report with personally identifiable info stricken would be nice.  Otherwise you could just be a guy out to get a free avalon "returned" to him in a roundabout way, or worse, have a fake donation site set up.  Just saying, the more info you provide (within reason), the better for all.

I don't have a copy of the police report on hand, but I'll see what I can do. The donation address is escrowed with John K. and I have explicitly stated that the goal of the bounty is to get information leading to an arrest, not retrieve my Avalon.

Cool.  Hope you find the fucker and share who he is with us.  Upvoted the reddit thread and am always on the lookout for Avalons on ebay and other places.  If any are sold from the DFW area anytime soon, there's a good chance it will be yours.
Activity: 557
Merit: 500
Anything else taken or just the Avalon?
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
I wish you my condolences.  Stay focused and hopefully someone will step forward and help out your situation.  Man!
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
That is seriously the suck dude--I hope you catch the bastard.
legendary
Copy of the police report with personally identifiable info stricken would be nice.  Otherwise you could just be a guy out to get a free avalon "returned" to him in a roundabout way, or worse, have a fake donation site set up.  Just saying, the more info you provide (within reason), the better for all.

I don't have a copy of the police report on hand, but I'll see what I can do. The donation address is escrowed with John K. and I have explicitly stated that the goal of the bounty is to get information leading to an arrest, not retrieve my Avalon.
Activity: 238
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: