Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty + KYC, your opinion about the risk of identity theft? - page 2. (Read 430 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 0
I think this is a difficult choice, on the one hand the bounty hunter wants to protect his personal data from things he doesn't want. but on the other hand the developer must have complete data for all token holders and possibly to eliminate cheating or bots often occur.
you are right,but if Kyc is really needed to help the development team to develop their projects then I have no problem with that, I will still join the KYC bounty if the project is really good
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
I just checked their public stake spreadsheet this really horrible why are they displaying full name of participants. For bounty campaign email address, BTT forum user name, social media accounts links and ERC20 wallets are enough but including full name can harm participants future. I am not against bounty campaign which requires KYC but they are displaying full name which really questionable.

And I agree. These information must not be easily available on the public view...cautious should be applied considering that we are now entering the era where information can be utilized for any kind of criminal act jeopardizing the real owner of the information. Before I was not too careful with my information but things are so different these days. In my view, leaders of this industry should come up with a good guideline on this matter. And yes, even this forum can be helpful if guideline on information is published. Privacy while still doing business must be part of the equation.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
I think this is a difficult choice, on the one hand the bounty hunter wants to protect his personal data from things he doesn't want. but on the other hand the developer must have complete data for all token holders and possibly to eliminate cheating or bots often occur.
Activity: 330
Merit: 101
Hi I'm KS03
It's terrifying.  There were already members on this forum who's Passports were on the dark web for sale.  If you sent in your passports I'm afraid it's already too late as you have sent a digital copy of your most important document and it will forever be out there on a database waiting to be hacked.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
If it's like that then i won't bother to join the bounty and fill the KYC if all of our private data is exposed to the world.
It's like giving the key to our house to the theft and says "please come in".
Activity: 168
it’s really scary. such data should not be public in a spreadsheet. that really invites you to data theft. moreover, it is a bad sign if a ico handles so badly with the data of the customers.
Activity: 223
Merit: 1
Of course you run the risk of Identity theft.  Also your can have your documents stolen multiple ways.  Hackers could grab it during transmission.  You could send it to a scam ICO.  The place where they store it could be compromised at a future date.  An employee for the KYC company could sell the information on the side.  The list is endless.  Sending yoru documents online is pure insanity. 
Activity: 335
Merit: 11
I think that bounty with kyc is very vulnerable to data theft, in my opinion, as a bounty hunter, I have to be careful, I prefer to participate in the bounty campaign as usual without kyc on bitcointalk
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
I have never for once like the idea of imposing KYC on bounties. I don't want a situation whereby your personal information or identity will be stolen. Most of the companies abandon the data after their ICO.
Activity: 523
Merit: 300
Just stay away from these scam ICO's that ask for kyc, no need to share your private info for some few tokens, which may have little or no value at all.
Activity: 238
Merit: 15
Bounties asking of KYC I think it's not too risky as such. Your documents will be given to the devs so if anything do happen then you have to Hold the project responsible.
Activity: 182
Still now, i never seen or hear anything that KYC information leaked and hackers hacked something. But that doesn't mean nothing will happend in future. In this world, risk is always avaliable, so in future may be hackers do something unprecious with KYC information. It's 50-50, i think project team members do something new that it feels us secure always.
Activity: 546
Merit: 4
Kyc can be really scary
But it does have an advantage

Most kyc asks you to write in a paper mentioning the name of the project
That’s a reason why it can’t be sold to any black market because once an edit is done

Everyone knows it’s not real
Activity: 364
Merit: 19
www.codex.one
KYC could be really dangerous if your documents will be theft by scammers . Scammers can take a loan using your documents or simply visit your home (remember they know everything about you , because you send them your docs) to threaten with violence and rob you of all money, including money in your crypto wallet . So think twice whether KYC worth it or not .
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
Doing the KYC of a project is not an issue for me. My concern is about some projects that would announce KYC after the bounty. This is very discouraging and most of those coins turn out scam.
Activity: 290
Merit: 100
It depends on one's experience and choice. If you knew you could trust the bounty and its platform, its manager, and its team, then never hesitate for showing who you are. It is just like registering for a job application on their company hence they must know you first before they give such salary and rewards with your work. Although you mentioned a specific bounty as they made their spreadsheet public, it is not that kind of risky as long as you trust them. And if they would end up being only a scam, then atleast your tried to participate with your own will and given your full trust. And also, why bother identity theft at all, it is already a risk of using the internet.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
Yes, it is not safe but if I earn more money with the help of this then I ready to send my documents for KYC.
Activity: 854
Merit: 501
Again, KYC is not a problem in itself.

(And this will probably be the rule for 90% of projects in a short time)

On the other hand, ICOs (and Bounty managers) MUST take the confidentiality of the data they receive seriously.
Activity: 146
Merit: 27
Disclosure of their personal data for general access, of course, carries some risk. All these problems of KYC with the legislation need to be reconciled so that there are security guarantees.
Activity: 476
Merit: 107
It’s me or it’s really scary ??
It is really scary because the risk of identity theft is so high. Even if their ICO has succeeded, you still do not have a guarantee that they will list on good exchanges and get good price thus increasing the risk of the team selling that information out. Also, if they(or their google spreadsheet used in filling up KYC) got hacked then that personal information will also be compromised.
Pages:
Jump to: