Pages:
Author

Topic: Boxing Fans... Top 10 Pound for Pound? (updated 6/16/2017) & betting discussions - page 2. (Read 6896 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
My favorite boxers

Gennady Golovkin
Manny Pacquiao
Guillermo Rigondeaux
Floyd Mayweather
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
mike tyson
Joe Louis
Muhammad Ali
Gene Tunney
Jack Johnson
Jack Dempsey
Rocky Marciano
Lennox Lewis
George Foreman
Evander Holyfield
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
Fight fans, there are some decent fights on tonight on showtime.

On tonight's card is Adrien Broner, lucas Matthyse, and Andre berto.  All of these guys are usually involved in pretty entertaining fights.  I would really like to see Lucas and Adrien fight. That would be an action packed fight. I wonder if Al Haymon would allow it.
legendary
If you live in the Southern California area and are a boxing fan, I would recommend getting tickets to the Gennady Golovkin vs Marco Antonio Rubio fight on 10/18 at the Stub Hub Center in Carson, California.

This marks the first time that GGG is coming to the west coast.   Also... Nonito Donaire just got added to the undercard for a fight as well.

For some reason, all the fights at the Stub Hub Center are always action packed.   I don't know if it is because of the outdoor atmosphere, but I have been there several times, and the fights are always good!
legendary
Just bought my tickets for the GGG vs. Marco Antonio Rubio fight on 10/18 in California.   Super stoked...it is GGG's first fight on the West Coast.

If he beats Rubio (which I think he will), he will be the mandatory challenger for Cotto.   Don't think Cotto wants any part of GGG...I think he would rather vacate the title or avoid him like the plague
legendary
Danny Garcia obliterated Rod Salka last night in the 2nd round.   It was a joke that fight was even made.  Salka was not even ranked, which means that fight was against the sanctioning rules.

Basically they are trying to set up a fight with Garcia and Lamont Peterson.   Lucas Mattyse should get his re-match shot before Lamont Peterson does.

I am actually super excited that Bernard Hopkins is going to fight Sergey Kovalev.   That will be an interesting fight.   Cannot believe Hopkins is almost 50.   He really is an alien.
legendary
i agree with the ring.tv p4p list

Their list is pretty decent, but I think GGG HAS to be on their after how he disposed of Daniel Geale, who ring.tv had as their #2 ranked middleweight in the world...

Also, I don't think Carl Froch should be in the top 10...  Also Cotto HAS to be in there after he beat the #3 pound for pound in Sergio Martinez (who was the lineal middleweight king).   Sergio earned his spot on the list the hard way beating his way to the top...
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
i agree with the ring.tv p4p list
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

actually im gunna say Joe Calzaghe best pound for pound boxer ever.

Who is the best boxer he fought that made him the best?

I dont know who is the best he fought, he made decent fighters like chris eubank look very average - better fighters he fought have been mentioned i guess.
legendary

I wouldn't say he is the best ever, but he beat a (past his prime) Roy Jones Jr. As well as Bernard Hopkins. Hopkins has been the dream crusher. He beat Felix Trinidad, Oscar De La Hoya.  So Calzhage is kinda the man who beat the man who beat the man.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100

legendary

legendary
Big fight coming on in a few minutes... Carl Froch vs. George Groves (the rematch).  I think it is sold out in Wembly Stadium in the UK. I have been excited for this rematch since the first fight because the ref robbed Groves the last time with the early stoppage...

Watched it on TV. It was a great fight!

1st fight groves won 2nd was froch. Why are no British boxers getting much of a mention?

Remember Prince Naseem Hamed, what a great boxer he was?
legendary
Did any of you see the GGG vs. Daniel Geale fight?   Man GGG was impressive.    He is climbing the pound for pound list for sure.

I think he is too much for Cotto, so I doubt Cotto would fight him.   He basically destroys all middleweights right now.   GGG vs. Peter Quillen would be a joke.

Also excited for Sergey Kovalev vs Bernard Hopkins...that should be a really interesting fight.   It is unbelievable that Hopkins is facing top level guys approaching 50 yrs old!
legendary
I don't know how many of you watch the Canelo vs. Lara fight, but Lara got robbed (and this is coming from a Canelo fan).   He basically took Canelo to school (just like Mayweather did).   Lara just didn't put out enough offense.   The only reason I was hoping that Lara would win is so that he could possibly get a Mayweather fight.   IMO, he is the one person in the weight class that could really give Mayweather a run for his money.   Now that he lost the fight (on paper), there is no way he is getting Mayweather.  

He won't get any big fight actually because his style makes everyone look bad

Lara don't have a fanbase while Canelo has big fanbase. Canelo is Goldenboy cash cow no way he would let it lose. Boxing is as dirty as ever.

Lara knew it too, which is why I was confused as to why he did so little offense
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1074
I don't know how many of you watch the Canelo vs. Lara fight, but Lara got robbed (and this is coming from a Canelo fan).   He basically took Canelo to school (just like Mayweather did).   Lara just didn't put out enough offense.   The only reason I was hoping that Lara would win is so that he could possibly get a Mayweather fight.   IMO, he is the one person in the weight class that could really give Mayweather a run for his money.   Now that he lost the fight (on paper), there is no way he is getting Mayweather.  

Lara don't have a fanbase while Canelo has big fanbase. Canelo is Goldenboy cash cow no way he would let it lose. Boxing is as dirty as ever.
legendary
I don't know how many of you watch the Canelo vs. Lara fight, but Lara got robbed (and this is coming from a Canelo fan).   He basically took Canelo to school (just like Mayweather did).   Lara just didn't put out enough offense.   The only reason I was hoping that Lara would win is so that he could possibly get a Mayweather fight.   IMO, he is the one person in the weight class that could really give Mayweather a run for his money.   Now that he lost the fight (on paper), there is no way he is getting Mayweather. 

legendary
Canelo Alvarez vs. Erislandy Lara, this weekend on PPV.   This should be a really good fight.  Lara is one of the most avoided 154 pounders.   If Alvarez gets through him (and that is a big IF), then it clears the way for a Alvarez vs. Cotto fight, or a longshot for an Alvarez vs. GGG. superfight.

Lara has stated that if he wins, that he wants a shot at Mayweather.   I think Lara is the one person in the world (in Mayweather's weight class) that could realistically give him a lot of trouble.   I don't think Mayweather would take this fight. 
legendary
Mayweather, Canelo and Golovkin are my favorite boxers to watch right now

I think I am right there with you. I really like Lucas Mattyse. I want him to get a Danny Garcia rematch. Lucas's fight last month was the fight of the year so far
Activity: 1008
Merit: 511
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Mayweather, Canelo and Golovkin are my favorite boxers to watch right now
Pages:
Jump to: