Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley - page 5. (Read 2555 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
August 29, 2021, 04:35:00 AM
It is true that he knows how to pick his challengers because they're in the different fighting sport.
I won't call it he's good to pick his opponent, because he's not even a professional boxer too. He's mainly a youtuber, social media influencer and actor, we can say Jake Paul or NBA and MMA fighters are same which doesn't have any experience in boxing. That's why those NBA and MMA fighters agreed to fight with Jake Paul, they they could beat him. Both parties must agreed to sign a contract, it's not only from Jake Paul side agrees and then the other parties resignedly accept it.
I agree with that part because he's taking those opponents that are not really into boxing so there's still picking that happens.

While him, he may not be a professional boxer but he has somehow background on it.

I believe deep inside, he's picking opponents that he has the advantage of and has the chance to easily win. What he may be after is if the opponent can fetch good amount of money. So he's looking at the figures and how much noise it will create from the boxing fans. Don't know how long he can continue exhibition fights but so far, it is still gaining buyers of tickets.
Those opponents that will sign with him for sure will get also tons of money. They won't be up for a fight with a youtuber if there are no loads of cash that are at stake.

He knows what to do and makes a huge profit out of it.

Money always involves that's why a fight happens, against Jake Paul, he will surely get the bigger slice of the cake since he is the superstar and probably the one who choose whom he will negotiate to fight him.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/boxing/news/jake-paul-tyron-woodley-purse-money/1h5jlr6xusvu5182dmpi9kn0d1
Kawa said that Woodley’s base guarantee “is in the millions, already,” though he did not elaborate on the specifics of his pay. While there has been no official number denoted for Woodley’s payout, Evening Standard reported that Woodley “is expected to bank a minimum of $500,000” versus Paul.

Woodley is guaranteed $500k ,so most probably Jake Paul makes at least 1 million in this fight.
Activity: 2940
Merit: 657
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 29, 2021, 03:56:11 AM
It is true that he knows how to pick his challengers because they're in the different fighting sport.
I won't call it he's good to pick his opponent, because he's not even a professional boxer too. He's mainly a youtuber, social media influencer and actor, we can say Jake Paul or NBA and MMA fighters are same which doesn't have any experience in boxing. That's why those NBA and MMA fighters agreed to fight with Jake Paul, they they could beat him. Both parties must agreed to sign a contract, it's not only from Jake Paul side agrees and then the other parties resignedly accept it.
I agree with that part because he's taking those opponents that are not really into boxing so there's still picking that happens.

While him, he may not be a professional boxer but he has somehow background on it.

I believe deep inside, he's picking opponents that he has the advantage of and has the chance to easily win. What he may be after is if the opponent can fetch good amount of money. So he's looking at the figures and how much noise it will create from the boxing fans. Don't know how long he can continue exhibition fights but so far, it is still gaining buyers of tickets.
Those opponents that will sign with him for sure will get also tons of money. They won't be up for a fight with a youtuber if there are no loads of cash that are at stake.

He knows what to do and makes a huge profit out of it.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
August 29, 2021, 03:53:25 AM

August 29, 2021, 03:29:42 AM

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1156
August 29, 2021, 03:20:31 AM
Jake Paul is good at picking his opponents because he knows that all the fighters he is fighting cannot use the skills that they have been training for years and that puts them at a disadvantage.

August 29, 2021, 02:53:35 AM
Lets stop pretending that Jake Paul is a title challenger. He has had 2 professional fights and 1 of them was against a basketball player making his debut and the other was against a retired UFC fighter who had hip surgery recently. Tyron Woodley is a ufc fighter and not a boxer Jake Paul is good at picking his opponents because he knows that all the fighters he is fighting cannot use the skills that they have been training for years and that puts them at a disadvantage.
It is true that he knows how to pick his challengers because they're in the different fighting sport. With those past matches that he did, it is obvious that if you're not into boxing, the result differs from the known sport that they are in.

Well, it's just entertaining to see him watch with his fights but there's still huge money that's at stake for these matches that he makes.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 535
August 28, 2021, 05:34:20 PM
~
Very true. The running technique is really frowned upon by boxing fans. Now, Jake Paul is getting more popularity than real boxers here.  Grin
Can you explain what you mean by running technique, i did not understand that. Jake Paul is popular than any other fighters and it is a fact and whenever he fights they are able to promote them really well unlike other fighters who always cry about low pay but they cannot attract a crowd.

And to think that he is earning more than them. Can boxing really continue to support these exhibition fights? Because the younger generation of boxers seem to be left behind if this will continue to attract interest from the audience.
The Paul brothers are more money than professional boxers and it is simply because they can sell the tickets than real boxers. In hindsight the boxing community should be happy as more fighters are doing exhibition bouts and making money and it will attract crowd and new audience for boxing.
Activity: 467
Merit: 578
August 28, 2021, 03:39:40 PM
Lets stop pretending that Jake Paul is a title challenger. He has had 2 professional fights and 1 of them was against a basketball player making his debut and the other was against a retired UFC fighter who had hip surgery recently. Tyron Woodley is a ufc fighter and not a boxer Jake Paul is good at picking his opponents because he knows that all the fighters he is fighting cannot use the skills that they have been training for years and that puts them at a disadvantage.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 673
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
August 28, 2021, 08:08:57 AM
Jake Paul said he wants to fight Canelo but Jake Paul fights at 190 lbs while Canelo fights at 160-168 lbs. So I wonder how that's supposed to happen.

It will be possible in an exhibition match but not in a professional match.

Also possible if Jake Paul is willing to weigh under 170lbs which I doubt he will as it's risky. He has no choice then as Canelo is a much professional boxer compare to he's the one who needs to adjust. If happened, no way Jake Paul will win against Canelo. He's too slow.

But seriously for Canelo, I doubt he will accept any challenge at this guy.

I can't imagine Jake Paul fighting Canelo Alvarez, he is in his prime now and Jake Paul might suffer a painful defeat against one of the best boxers now. Jake paul will stay in his comfort zone and that is to keep fighting on exhibition matches and cherry-picking his opponents.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
August 28, 2021, 07:57:48 AM
Jake Paul said he wants to fight Canelo but Jake Paul fights at 190 lbs while Canelo fights at 160-168 lbs. So I wonder how that's supposed to happen.

It will be possible in an exhibition match but not in a professional match.

Also possible if Jake Paul is willing to weigh under 170lbs which I doubt he will as it's risky. He has no choice then as Canelo is a much professional boxer compare to he's the one who needs to adjust. If happened, no way Jake Paul will win against Canelo. He's too slow.

But seriously for Canelo, I doubt he will accept any challenge at this guy.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
August 28, 2021, 07:35:08 AM
Aging wrestlers like Ben Askren and Tyron Woodley have accumulated many injuries and serious surgeries over the course of their long competitive careers.

That's why we can say that Jake Paul has a lot of advantage towards this game knowing his young big and have power but hopefully he will not play lame just like when he fight floyd since its really embarassing to see him so slow and easy target for Mayweather. We can say that its normal since he's youtube and floyd is pro but for sure atleast he can destroy's Mayweather face since he is so big and got heavy punch to throw.

I don't know if this fight well happen since knowing how big paul needed to lose if he will come to Canelo's weight and its totally dangerous for him since for sure his physical attributes will get affected for that situation.
plr
Activity: 1120
Merit: 24
August 28, 2021, 07:13:39 AM

He is extending himself too much, with Canelo's power and ring generalship I don't think he'll have a chance, he's daring everyone in boxing I hope Woodley beat him so he'll get into the reality that he is not a good boxer that he brags to be, it's just happened that he fought weaklings in the ring somebody should teach this wannabe a lesson I hope it's Woodley.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1429
August 27, 2021, 10:25:36 PM
Aging wrestlers like Ben Askren and Tyron Woodley have accumulated many injuries and serious surgeries over the course of their long competitive careers.

While Jake Paul is a very young 24 year old who as far as I know has never dealt with a serious injury/surgery.

Jake Paul has around a 20 pound weight advantage. 190 pounds isn't where Ben Askren or Tyron Woodley competed in MMA. But it is the weight they'll be facing Jake Paul at.

However, 190 pounds might also be near Tyron Woodley’s normal weight and he might not anymore have the same problems caused by dehydration from weight cutting.

This is Tyron Woodley’s hype for this fight hehe. Will the fight be a comedy show similar to Ben Askren or will we witness a real fight? Ben and Tyron hate Dana and I speculate this might be another comedy show to embarass the sport of MMA. Jake Paul wins with a knockout in round 1 hehehehe.

During an appearance on Showtime’s ALL THE SMOKE show, Woodley explained how Mayweather is training him to win world titles in boxing.

“Make sure you tune in because it’s gonna be something different than what you expect. It’s not the YouTuber vs. the TikToker. This is a real motherfuckin’ fight. It’s gonna look like one; I promise you that. It’s gonna look like a real fight, it is a real fight, and when it’s done and it’s over with, they gonna be like, ‘Tyron’s gonna be a world champion in boxing.’ Floyd said, ‘I’m not training you so you can beat this guy. As long as your mind is there and as long as you’re in shape, you’re gonna beat this guy. But I want people to look at you in your first fight and say, nah, this kid’s gonna be the world champion.’ And my training camp has been nothing short of it.”

Source https://www.mmanews.com/2021/08/woodley-mayweather-is-training-me-to-become-a-boxing-champion/
August 27, 2021, 07:35:33 PM
Very true. The running technique is really frowned upon by boxing fans. Now, Jake Paul is getting more popularity than real boxers here.  Grin And to think that he is earning more than them.
Well, earning is subjective as those professional boxers, I don't think that he can top one of their fights. But with continuous strategy that Jake does, he's surely earning more than them.

Can boxing really continue to support these exhibition fights? Because the younger generation of boxers seem to be left behind if this will continue to attract interest from the audience.
Yes, it's a business and where money is, they'll also be there.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
August 27, 2021, 07:20:04 PM

While Jake Paul is a very young 24 year old who as far as I know has never dealt with a serious injury/surgery.

Jake Paul has around a 20 pound weight advantage. 190 pounds isn't where Ben Askren or Tyron Woodley competed in MMA. But it is the weight they'll be facing Jake Paul at.

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
August 27, 2021, 07:12:00 PM
Can boxing really continue to support these exhibition fights? Because the younger generation of boxers seem to be left behind if this will continue to attract interest from the audience.

They can't do anything in the first place, right? As long as there are people who will support exhibition matches, it's only a matter of time if we will see this kind of match by hyped or not. On that particular match, there are people who really want to see Jake Paul's being KO or lose.

If things go serious, Woodly has a shot to pinned him down although, at the current status, it's no doubt that Jake Paul has the upper hand. Who knows an upset will happened unless there's an under-the-table discussion to spoil the supposed "real fight".
Activity: 1092
Merit: 67
August 27, 2021, 06:09:23 PM
yeah the main point of betting on this is that , if jake paul really win , well i would just take the money and happy about it . if he lose to tyron woodley , i would be happy too as he just take the first L from his boxing career and he wouldn't take that much shit .
The majority of the users who purchases this pay per view wants to see Jake Paul getting knocked out and he has created a persona to attract audience to hate or like him and that is his selling point and Jake Paul is a decent boxer and i am not sure whether Tyron Woodley can fight like he used to when he was the champion in the UFC.

If Tyron Woodley can cork his punches like he used to in the past then we will have a good fight, if not Jake Paul will pick him apart.

Well, Jake Paul looks like Mayweather who is undefeated but everyone who wants to buy the PPV wants to see him lose. I guess somehow I would say that Jake Paul is better because although he is arrogant, at least he doesn't run inside the ring and just touch his opponent to score.  Grin

Very true. The running technique is really frowned upon by boxing fans. Now, Jake Paul is getting more popularity than real boxers here.  Grin And to think that he is earning more than them. Can boxing really continue to support these exhibition fights? Because the younger generation of boxers seem to be left behind if this will continue to attract interest from the audience.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 603
August 27, 2021, 05:31:47 PM
yeah the main point of betting on this is that , if jake paul really win , well i would just take the money and happy about it . if he lose to tyron woodley , i would be happy too as he just take the first L from his boxing career and he wouldn't take that much shit .
The majority of the users who purchases this pay per view wants to see Jake Paul getting knocked out and he has created a persona to attract audience to hate or like him and that is his selling point and Jake Paul is a decent boxer and i am not sure whether Tyron Woodley can fight like he used to when he was the champion in the UFC.

If Tyron Woodley can cork his punches like he used to in the past then we will have a good fight, if not Jake Paul will pick him apart.

Well, Jake Paul looks like Mayweather who is undefeated but everyone who wants to buy the PPV wants to see him lose. I guess somehow I would say that Jake Paul is better because although he is arrogant, at least he doesn't run inside the ring and just touch his opponent to score.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
August 27, 2021, 03:11:04 PM

Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
August 27, 2021, 09:22:06 AM
Jake Paul in 3-0? I think he was defeated a lot before or was it all a exhibition matches? why he keeps fighting people that is not from boxing? From NBA player to MMA fighter anyway what are your thoughts about this, do you think Woodley has a chance against Jake Paul I mean MMA is different from Boxing right?
Sorry which matches you was refer? AFAIK all his 3 fights were an exhibition matches right? it's recorded on his boxing statistic.
That's all for money and he looking for the opponent that doesn't have a boxing experience to make the winning chance of the fight is more high. But in this match I think he choose the wrong player...

here is my win-win situation for the upcoming fights

personally bet : 300$ on Jake Paul

if Jake Paul Win:
Well , least that i won the bet

if Tyron Woodley Win:
well , at least jake paul lose the match and no more hype (hope)
Jake Paul has freaking stupid followers, many of his videos on youtube has a lot dislikes (even the dislikes is higher than likes) but until now his followers still watching him. If he lose this match, I don't think he will lose the hype... so it's not win-win situation.

That's weird, but that's your money so you can do whatever you want, besides, the main purpose why we are gambling is to get entertain and if that is what would make us happy, then there's no problem with that, and we cannot call it as wasting of money. Good luck on your win-win situation plan.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: