Pages:
Author

Topic: BPIP + Forum Statistics - page 2. (Read 401 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
April 20, 2022, 12:50:45 PM
Good work, but I think that creating such topics will be useless because they need constant updating, something that is done automatically by scripts, not forum topics that are static and need manual updating.
Over time, you will need to update the topic daily or every few days, otherwise it will be useless.

Also, such statistics are of little use and only benefit in the personal glories of those accounts, meaning what will the community benefit from knowing the top 3 Merit members?
I might agree with your opinion because in reality a topic like this won't be of much use even if it's updated every period by the OP. I think it's ok to post stats like this when we are responding to specific questions about custom stats and in this case BPIP and some other tools like Loyce.club, Ninjastic.space as well as Merit Dashboard are also very helpful, but for the OP's idea I'm not sure there are many uses.

Thanks, I agree, this is of no use. I never said that this will benefit any single user on this forum.
It's just an information for someone who might find it fun to read.
And no, I am not going to update it.
I think it's useful at times, but I don't expect you to have to update it on a regular basis because it will only put you double work on something that is easily accessible to users who want it.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
April 20, 2022, 10:02:00 AM
<…> I saw that 16,117 profile has been deleted. Does anyone know in which conditions profiles have been deleted from the forum? They were inactive for a long time or any other violation? <…>

There’s this to go by:
<....>
Deleted 16000
<....>

You appear to have also misread my point.

The data on UID's is different than the data on this forum's stats page: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

Why is that number lower than 2000000?

In the forum's first couple of years, accounts would sometimes be deleted. Also, in rare cases an ID can be skipped (eg. if a database transaction gets rolled back).

The former quote points to around 16.000 missing account Ids back in August 2018. The current toll would be 16.005 (3468951 Id of most recent member – total members on Bitcointalk’s stats info at the bottom of the index page). That kind of points to the skips in Ids being very exceptional nowadays.

The most common cause might be (my speculation based on the second quote above) a rollback on an insertion record, due to resources already being locked at the time for some reason or other (i.e. reindex taking place, bot post inserts too close in time, who knows ...).
Activity: 476
Merit: 212
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
April 20, 2022, 08:41:30 AM
Also, such statistics are of little use and only benefit in the personal glories of those accounts, meaning what will the community benefit from knowing the top 3 Merit members?

Thanks, I agree, this is of no use. I never said that this will benefit any single user on this forum.

Though this information is already available on that website still thanks for your efforts anyway. This May is not of any use to the experienced members but newbies will know there is a place from where they can extract similar information easily.

I saw that 16,117 profile has been deleted. Does anyone know in which conditions profiles have been deleted from the forum? They were inactive for a long time or any other violation? I think meta is the right place to ask this matter but just asked by seeing the info in OP.
copper member
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1522
Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k
April 20, 2022, 08:05:14 AM

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
April 20, 2022, 07:46:53 AM
Good work, but I think that creating such topics will be useless because they need constant updating, something that is done automatically by scripts, not forum topics that are static and need manual updating.
Over time, you will need to update the topic daily or every few days, otherwise it will be useless.

copper member
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1522
Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k
April 20, 2022, 02:53:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am sure most of you are aware of BPIP.
Of all those who are not aware, I am making this post which has some statistic of interest and also included the stats from the forum itself. I hope you will like the data.

BPIP Statistics:

Total Profiles on Forum: 3,468,824
Deleted Profiles: 16,117 (0.46%)
Archived Profiles: 2,695,365 (77.7%)
Inactive Profiles: 692,022 (19.95%)
Active Profiles: 81,437 (2.35%)

Most Merit
  • LoyceV - 10693
  • o_e_l_e_o - 9846
  • theymos - 9565

Most Activity
  • theymos - 4452
  • OgNasty - 3976
  • tvbcof - 3892

Most Trusted
  • minerjones - 1128
  • Hhampuz - 1077
  • krogothmanhattan - 750

Most Recognized
  • theymos - 988
  • philipma1957 - 977
  • OgNasty - 964

Most Earned Merit (any merit given after the creation of the merit system)
  • o_e_l_e_o - 9746
  • LoyceV - 9693
  • fillippone - 9042

Most Merit Sent
  • suchmoon - 40869
  • LoyceV - 31160
  • El duderino_ - 24210

Most Earned Merit for Specific Time Range
All Time - theymos (356) - Merit & new rank requirements
Last Year - icopress (73) - [Voting 2021] Bitcointalk Community
2020 - zasad@ (98)   - [Interviews] with Bitcointalk members

Strongest DT1 Position