Pages:
Author

Topic: BPIP.org Chrome & FireFox Extension - page 2. (Read 18732 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
January 07, 2019, 06:42:31 AM
The chrome extension is located here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bpiporg-chrome-extension/gnpadhillpjighiahdbjbjgihpilakda

There will also be a link shortly on BPIP at the top.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 759
December 09, 2018, 10:09:00 PM
If there are any further requests in terms of features, by all means, I'll accept them here.

I've been somewhat busy, but I should have the FireFox version packaged up shortly.
November 26, 2018, 04:31:25 AM
Great news, I hate this developer mod warning all the time.
Maybe you can put an (i) icon and it will be nice if it looks like this >

Eventually that's going to be turned into a menu with settings and what-not (but I'll certainly add a better icon in the mean time)

For now, I'd right click and select "Hide in Chrome Menu" which should hide the icon from that bar.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
November 26, 2018, 04:29:31 AM
Great news, I hate this developer mod warning all the time.
Maybe you can put an (i) icon and it will be nice if it looks like this >

November 25, 2018, 02:11:59 AM
The extension has been published in the Chrome Store for free download.

Simply search the store for "bpip.org"   Smiley

This is will be the official support thread for bugs and feature requests.

And just to add-on: We are working on the Firefox version, that will be out shortly!

I will still continue to publish updates here if there are any to either extension (FF or Chrome).
I'll be updating the OP post to include links to the new extension.

Cheers!
Vod
legendary
November 25, 2018, 12:49:27 AM
The extension has been published in the Chrome Store for free download.

Simply search the store for "bpip.org"   Smiley

This is will be the official support thread for bugs and feature requests.
October 14, 2018, 06:56:59 PM
I'll await Vod to see what he comes up w/ API wise before doing so.

I know - I'm slacking - too much work to do by myself - need help.  Sad

No worries Smiley there's no rush!

I'm assuming the site is coded in ASP.NET; if I proficient enough in it, I'd help :/
Vod
legendary
October 13, 2018, 04:06:47 PM

I know - I'm slacking - too much work to do by myself - need help.  Sad

October 13, 2018, 03:44:37 PM
I'm happy with it as it is now so no worries.
It is really helpful to check when a newbie is banned so your extension do the job even and make my life easier Smiley

Well either way, I'm happy it makes your life easier & helps w/ cleaning up this forum Smiley
legendary
₿uy / $ell
October 12, 2018, 06:56:18 PM
I'm happy with it as it is now so no worries.
It is really helpful to check when a newbie is banned so your extension do the job even and make my life easier Smiley
October 12, 2018, 01:24:54 PM
Just to note here, it's funny but the bug with the link to the archived users is actually a nice feature.
If the newbie is banned (and archived) the link leads to the homepage, so I don't need to look more if the guy is banned Cheesy

Hah, nice catch Smiley

I can probably code something to check the status of the user & put a nice red "Archived" notice on it (if the user is detected to be archived); only concern would be the number of requests sent to BPIP per page load.

Heads up, I'll be looking to add the extension to the chrome store over the next couple of days. Sorry for the delays!
legendary
₿uy / $ell
October 11, 2018, 03:25:44 PM
Just to note here, it's funny but the bug with the link to the archived users is actually a nice feature.
If the newbie is banned (and archived) the link leads to the homepage, so I don't need to look more if the guy is banned Cheesy
October 10, 2018, 11:14:09 PM
For sure, that's planned after I get the plugins on the app store(s).

Let me know as soon as you do so I can link to it from BPIP!

One idea I do have for your extension is to integrate with my membership base - forum IDs on my site will be verified to this site, so you will be able to query my site for the right click options for that ID.

I want to allow members to create custom lists that they can publish and share.  They can add to a custom list simply by right clicking on a profile name and choosing "Add to List".

BPIP reports and APIs will have the ability to filter using these custom lists.

Will do! I should get to it shortly, just have to finish up a few other projects before-hand.

Sounds good to me! Maybe when you create the API, maybe permit multiple IDs (comma separated) per request. For example:

Code:
/foo/bar/get-options.aspx?users=initscri,vod,foo,bar

and then just return JSON w/ options for each of the users specified.

That way I don't have to send a request out for each user, it'll reduce load on the server & the clients computer.
Can't wait to see the API Smiley
Vod
legendary
October 09, 2018, 11:51:19 PM

Let me know as soon as you do so I can link to it from BPIP!

One idea I do have for your extension is to integrate with my membership base - forum IDs on my site will be verified to this site, so you will be able to query my site for the right click options for that ID.

I want to allow members to create custom lists that they can publish and share.  They can add to a custom list simply by right clicking on a profile name and choosing "Add to List".

BPIP reports and APIs will have the ability to filter using these custom lists.

October 09, 2018, 12:31:02 PM
Is it possible to have the BPIP link in the profile page too, so i don't need to go every time to the last posts of the person?

I'll most likely put a link in the "Additional Information" row.
legendary
₿uy / $ell
October 09, 2018, 05:18:59 AM
Is it possible to have the BPIP link in the profile page too, so i don't need to go every time to the last posts of the person?
October 08, 2018, 08:58:10 PM
Well, right now the system is working as programmed, but it's not the best way - being build up without any planning...

When a profile is autobanned, they are marked as archived.

A visitor can request an unarchive, and that will move the profile to normal status, but it will immediately be subject to validation  - profiles that have no trust, no posts and no activity for 90 days would instantly be moved back to archive status.

An autobanned user may have posts or trust, and thus will never be moved back.    Sad

I need to rethink this system.

I'd probably remove the unarchiving feature (or throw an error) for banned profiles (since eventually they should be archived regardless), and then create a redirect as mentioned before.

IE: https://bpip.org/profile.aspx?p=Ghost251 -> https://bpip.org/profilearchive.aspx?p=Ghost251
Vod
legendary
October 08, 2018, 07:51:24 PM
Well, right now the system is working as programmed, but it's not the best way - being build up without any planning...

When a profile is autobanned, they are marked as archived.

A visitor can request an unarchive, and that will move the profile to normal status, but it will immediately be subject to validation  - profiles that have no trust, no posts and no activity for 90 days would instantly be moved back to archive status.

An autobanned user may have posts or trust, and thus will never be moved back.    Sad

I need to rethink this system.
October 08, 2018, 04:12:49 AM

Yea, I saw that. I was a tad afraid of clicking that button, I figured it would fix it for that one specific user.

Not sure of Vod's intention for archived users, I'm assuming there is something automated going on which archives users upon autoban.

This is possible because I checked the profile after I reported it for plagiarism, it is possible that the mods were on duty and quickly resolved the plagiarisms case and the OP ended autobanned just before I clicked his profile.
Now I took him out of the archive list, but I know for the future where to look for, and what not to do  Wink

Well it's good you found the bug even for SEO alone.

Those old links should be redirecting to the new links regardless (instead of going to the home page). We'll have to wait for Vod to chime in to see his opinion.

Either way Wink If you have any requests for the plugin in general, just LMK. I'm all ears Smiley
legendary
₿uy / $ell
October 08, 2018, 04:09:43 AM

Yea, I saw that. I was a tad afraid of clicking that button, I figured it would fix it for that one specific user.

Not sure of Vod's intention for archived users, I'm assuming there is something automated going on which archives users upon autoban.

This is possible because I checked the profile after I reported it for plagiarism, it is possible that the mods were on duty and quickly resolved the plagiarisms case and the OP ended autobanned just before I clicked his profile.
Now I took him out of the archive list, but I know for the future where to look for, and what not to do  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: