Pages:
Author

Topic: Brainwallet recovery problem - page 2. (Read 3030 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1111
December 23, 2012, 03:22:15 PM
obviously you did not write down the correct passphrase
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
December 23, 2012, 02:26:56 PM
Hiya,

I'm feeling a bit stupid here because I should have tested this with a small amount first!  I'm failing at present to recover funds I have sent to an address generated with the brainwallet.org service.

I'd appreciate suggestions as to where I may have gone wrong.

• Having read up a bit about it including the wiki I typed my secure passphrase into brainwallet.org's generator;
  • I could have sworn I double and tripple-checked that it was as I have written it down;
  • I may or may not have clicked on the Uncompressed or Compressed buttons;
  • I cut and paste the Address into my wallet and sent a chunk of bitcoin to it;
  • The wallet happily sent the bitcoin and duly verified the transactions.

Then rather than leaving it there for some months/years I thought I'd try recovering the funds immediately to check it all works using mtgox 'Redeem Private Key' function.

However I'm told I 'may have made a typo'!  Oops  Embarrassed

I can see from the wallet the Bitcoin was sent from what the address was.  If I go back to brainwallet.org and type in the same pasphrase it should generate the same address yes?  This is not happening and I can't think why.  If I simply have one character wrong or something I should be able with enough tries to find it but I wanted to check that's all I need to be doing.  Have you any other suggestions as to how I may have gone wrong and any suggestions please?
Pages:
Jump to: