Pages:
Author

Topic: Brand new kind virtual currency - CAPTCHA coin - page 2. (Read 7544 times)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
maybe think about something which do not absorbe the power, but 1CPU,1specification of hardware = 1 share. Or something like POS, the longer you have open your Wallet, the better chance to find a block.

But then again, people with a lot of resources can generate more coins. I guess human work = shares is still a better idea. But captcha is obviously not the best solution.
I don't know what is out there that is not solvable by machines and impossible to solve through reverse engineering. But for every problem there must be a solution.

Don't just say: it doesn't work, into the trash with this thread. Because this is at least an idea worth developing.
Activity: 93
maybe think about something which do not absorbe the power, but 1CPU,1specification of hardware = 1 share. Or something like POS, the longer you have open your Wallet, the better chance to find a block.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I really like the idea that everyone have equal way to get the coin instead of powerful GPU or ASIC, but really need a better choice then captcha.
Activity: 271
any captcha will be cracked for bots if much money is on the table. This idea is really bad.
Activity: 938
Merit: 255
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
Into the bin it goes...
Activity: 434
It would be interesting if there is unique captcha, like mini games, some maths question and shoot the bird.
Activity: 94
sorry, a captcha cryptocurrency is not possible unless you figure this out

This is not possible if the coin is open source (reverse engineering will be easy), but it's possible with a closed source code. But if it's closed nobody will use it.
Activity: 583
Merit: 505
CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev
nice, but the problem I see is this: how would you create the images?
in the OP you say "The p2p system will produce CAPTCHA images...". Then on another you said "Your computer will not produce the image for you"
so... how would the image be generated?
the problem is that the computer, person, or whatever, that generates the image already knows the answer, so it could "cheat" and create a new block and earn $ without effort.
and if the image is created in a way that nobody knows the answer, then... how could the system verify that the answer is right?

sorry, a captcha cryptocurrency is not possible unless you figure this out
aa
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
Litecoin is right coin
CRAPTCHA coin -- India's new national currency.
Activity: 280
I really like this idea! And apart from the kind of solution you suggest it is a real problem.
Cryptocurrencies have the potential to change the system. But at the moment, as you
said, its not much different then USD. Rich people (who jumped on BTC early or have
a lot of capital) get richer with big mining rigs or trading and poor people cannot participate
like they should!

And this s why the world (the ordinary people) will not hug the bitcoin in this form. It must evolve or will be replaced by another currency.

I agree with your philosophy...
But CAPTCHAs are the most hated thing in the world...
They are onerous... and frustrating... and boring... and boring... and boring... and boring.

If your creativity ends at CAPTCHAs... just get a fucking job.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I really like this idea! And apart from the kind of solution you suggest it is a real problem.
Cryptocurrencies have the potential to change the system. But at the moment, as you
said, its not much different then USD. Rich people (who jumped on BTC early or have
a lot of capital) get richer with big mining rigs or trading and poor people cannot participate
like they should!

And this s why the world (the ordinary people) will not hug the bitcoin in this form. It must evolve or will be replaced by another currency.
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
yeah its an ok idea, although i agree that there would be much better ways to require human input. how about a need for speed coin where every x amount of minutes there is a race in a game like need for speed and the winner of said race is reward with one block of coins.  that way you can't use child laborers (or at least if you do they will have fun!)  and you can accurately predict the generation curve.  You could make the tracks more and more difficult as more miners (ie racers) join the game.  

Somewhere I've seen some ads about a minecraft server where you can get BTC for building or mining something. Maybe the easiest solution would be an EVE online ISK/BTC or an ISK/some altcoin exchange.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annhuc-huntercoin-human-mine-able-crypto-currency-gameworld-300538

soon Cheesy
Activity: 83
like they should!
Activity: 1110
Merit: 534
It's not a good idea, your coin will be open source, so after it's not difficult to reverse engineer a CAPTCHA.

Are you developer? It's matter of design. Your computer will not produce the image for you, so you will not able to do any reverse engineering. P2P network will produce the images and will distribute them randomly between peers.

Let's think. Is bitcoin changing the system. I think not exactly. Who can buy ASIC- only the rich. If they want, they can buy the most powerful ASIC or quantum computers (I'm talking about banks, corporation as google, apple, microsoft ...), so they will get the coins. It's a lost cause.

This statement is not fully true anymore:
"Bitcoin is ... nobody owns or controls Bitcoin and everyone can take part. "

I agree with you!
The system actually never changes!

People or families that were once in power are always in power.
Look at the eastern european countries "new democracies" who is on power in this countries today!
Same communist motherfuckers ex KGB bastards are the richest and hold every key position in every eastern European country.

Therefore the same applies to bitcoin alt-coin.
Who has or owns more FIAT currency  will also own more crypto currency in future.

Anyway related to the captcha thing I found an interesting article maybe will be of good use.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/singularity/2012/08/28/artificial-intelligence-will-defeat-captcha-how-will-we-prove-were-human-then/
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
yeah its an ok idea, although i agree that there would be much better ways to require human input. how about a need for speed coin where every x amount of minutes there is a race in a game like need for speed and the winner of said race is reward with one block of coins.  that way you can't use child laborers (or at least if you do they will have fun!)  and you can accurately predict the generation curve.  You could make the tracks more and more difficult as more miners (ie racers) join the game.  

Somewhere I've seen some ads about a minecraft server where you can get BTC for building or mining something. Maybe the easiest solution would be an EVE online ISK/BTC or an ISK/some altcoin exchange.
Activity: 99
I do not support TIX Tickets.
An interesting idea and I would very much like to see this in action.
Activity: 341
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
I think this is a really good idea. Certainly people who invested into mining gear will not like it. Shit happens, but who cares Smiley?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
It's not a good idea, your coin will be open source, so after it's not difficult to reverse engineer a CAPTCHA.

Are you developer? It's matter of design. Your computer will not produce the image for you, so you will not able to do any reverse engineering. P2P network will produce the images and will distribute them randomly between peers.

Let's think. Is bitcoin changing the system. I think not exactly. Who can buy ASIC- only the rich. If they want, they can buy the most powerful ASIC or quantum computers (I'm talking about banks, corporation as google, apple, microsoft ...), so they will get the coins. It's a lost cause.

This statement is not fully true anymore:
"Bitcoin is ... nobody owns or controls Bitcoin and everyone can take part. "
Activity: 94
Pages:
Jump to: