Pages:
Author

Topic: Brave Browser - Why it doesn't care about your privacy - page 3. (Read 477 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Brave Browser slogan is: You are not a product. It is a browser with an built-in adblock that was supposed to pay you for watching ads.

Their idea is amazing. Pay for users to watch ads. This has a great potential, and certainly can impact the whole Google/facebook business model (based on their ads).

The problem is: they are demanding KYC. You are the product, after all.

First they said that only publishers would be affected by KYC, and users who just navigate wouldn't be force to do any KYC.
This is highly questionable, however we can understand: publishers are company making money, so they could do KYC to comply with their law obligations and this could even, somehow, protect customers. I didn't like, but I can understand.

Then, few days ago Brave decided to start paying for users to browse the web using their browser. I used it for 5 days and received 0.1 BAT (0,03 USD). The amount of money is ridiculous, but well, it is free.. So i tried to withdrawal it. Look at the image I faced:

So now brave is requiring KYC for everyone. If you don't do KYC, no coins for you.

Even the money I sent to my wallet is now locked until complying with KYC? this is crazy.

Weren't they supposed to protect our privacy? Wasn't I going to receive coins for watching ads, while protecting my privacy??
How can sending documents will my privacy be protect? So the documents are the product, not me?

I was disappointed with BAT/Brave, because it  was a project with so much potential.

I hope someone else, maybe firefox, could just implement their business model paying users with BTC without kyc.
Pages:
Jump to: