Pages:
Author

Topic: broke my avalon controller and can't find cgminer anywhere - page 2. (Read 329 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1
edit:

i got the image burned and flashed to the sd card and im able to access it over ethernet and adjust the settings but i don't i have it set right because my miners just sit there and idle and then power cycle and then go back to idle.... can somebody please walk me through this or show me a thread where this is done? thanks
You use an imaging tool such as RasPi's own or Win32Diskimager to burn the img files onto the sd card. It creates the bootable disk image on the card and auto runs the LuCi interface to cgminer & everything else.

Its default address is 192.168.0.100 Initially, change is the IP address to what you want, either a static one or use DHCP and let your router figure it out. Save & apply. If you used DHCP look for what address the router assigned to it and go there. Enter your user info, save & apply again and you should be in business.

i get that part. but there are a lot of images to choose from and cgminer is a separate package that you have to install after you flash img file. right? is there a certain one that has cgminer included?

these are the openwrt images https://download.canaan-creative.com/avalon821/openwrt/

and then you have cgminer in the packages directory within the different release dates of openwrt...
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
You use an imaging tool such as RasPi's own or Win32Diskimager to burn the img files onto the sd card. It creates the bootable disk image on the card and auto runs the LuCi interface to cgminer & everything else.

Its default address is 192.168.0.100 Initially, change is the IP address to what you want, either a static one or use DHCP and let your router figure it out. Save & apply. If you used DHCP look for what address the router assigned to it and go there. Enter your user info, save & apply again and you should be in business.
Did you look here: https://download.canaan-creative.com/avalon821/openwrt/
It has the full firmware for the RPi which is what the avalon controller is.
Depending on what version of the controller it may be a Pi 1 or 2 or 3

But you should be able to flash a new SD card and be fine.

-Dave

so i flashed the sd card with this image https://download.canaan-creative.com/avalon821/openwrt/20191114/rpi3-modelb/

now what? sorry im a little slow

edit:
i found the packages and there is a cgminer in there but its not letting me upload it to the openwrt install on the raspberry pi because it says:

Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for cgminer found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package cgminer.
A8xx 'custom firmware'Huh? SCREW THAT! $400!! Even more screw that! Sounds like a typical Telegram scam...
The Avalon A6xx-A9xx firmware/software already allows you to tweak a myriad of things using the Cgminer API and the More Options box.

I poked around the bookmarked links I have for the Avalon's firmware/software and it seems that Canaan has taken down their pages.
I still have my old 821's so let me find my backup images for them and I can mail you a sdcard with them. Free.

One thing to keep in mind is that the miner firmware (.mcs file) version MUST match the OpenWrT software version. If I can find them I'll DM you for mailing address.

right on dude
here's my email [email protected]
legendary
That's ^^ one of the pages I was looking for! Now bookmarked.
From that page you can click on ../ to get to the firmware .mcs files. Keep clicking it to go higher up for their other miners.
The most recent version of the .mcs and OpenWrT.img files I have are March and April 2018.

edit: Link to my post for Avalon settings I've used
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
Did you look here: https://download.canaan-creative.com/avalon821/openwrt/
It has the full firmware for the RPi which is what the avalon controller is.
Depending on what version of the controller it may be a Pi 1 or 2 or 3

But you should be able to flash a new SD card and be fine.

-Dave
legendary
A8xx 'custom firmware'Huh? SCREW THAT! $400!! Even more screw that! Sounds like a typical Telegram scam...
The Avalon A6xx-A9xx firmware/software already allows you to tweak a myriad of things using the Cgminer API and the More Options box.

I poked around the bookmarked links I have for the Avalon's firmware/software and it seems that Canaan has taken down their pages.
I still have my old 821's so let me find my backup images for them and I can mail you a sdcard with them. Free.

One thing to keep in mind is that the miner firmware (.mcs file) version MUST match the OpenWrT software version. If I can find them I'll DM you for mailing address.
i accidentally broke my raspberry pi controller for my avalon miners trying to direct them to a different pool. now the disk is corrupt and i can't find cgminer anywhere anyway. can someone help please? any alternatives are welcome.

i might have an raspberry pi for the model 9

what model do you have.

i have four avalon 821s. there is a guy on telegram that has a firmware image that i can flash to a sd card but its like 400 bucks for his custom firmware. it seems like there should be a free solution somewhere.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
i accidentally broke my raspberry pi controller for my avalon miners trying to direct them to a different pool. now the disk is corrupt and i can't find cgminer anywhere anyway. can someone help please? any alternatives are welcome.

i might have an raspberry pi for the model 9

what model do you have.

What about downloading official avalon firmware and updating?

https://www.canaan.io/supports/

that's for windows. the controllers i was running had openwrt on them and cgminer.
Activity: 41
Merit: 5

What about downloading official avalon firmware and updating?

https://www.canaan.io/supports/
Pages:
Jump to: