Pages:
Author

Topic: Browser add-ons are just not safe - page 4. (Read 447 times)

Activity: 531
Merit: 100
March 31, 2020, 04:02:39 AM
I heard a ledger chrome extension have stolen up to 2.5million in crypto, Users are asked to input their 24-word seed, which allows scammers access to the wallet’s contents. This is why I hate add-ons for chrome or Firefox, they aren't safe at all but how come people are falling for this cheap trick that have been around since years ago now?

⚠️NEVER share your 24 words
⚠️NEVER enter your 24 words into any internet-connected device
⚠️Ledger will NEVER ask for your 24 words

When will people learn?
It is best to never install strange or rarely used utilities. I have also been a victim of such scams before, thankfully I only lost a few dollars for my stupid action. I recommend that you install metamask because it can identify unsafe utilities
Activity: 952
Merit: 110
March 31, 2020, 03:57:50 AM
People are idiots, stay away from computers if you are into crypto, they aren't safe for keeping coins and you can easily get hacked or infected with Trojans, if it's a must to keep your keys on PC then do not use such PC for browsing the internet for God sake.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
March 31, 2020, 03:48:49 AM
Also it's better if people use the wallets they already know even after buying a hardware wallet.
For example Electrum and MEW support Ledger (and Trezor too) and if you are already familiar with these wallets it may not worth changing to Ledger Live or other similar new ones, since you may bump on fakes and you won't notice.
Activity: 742
Merit: 16
March 31, 2020, 03:31:58 AM
I heard a ledger chrome extension have stolen up to 2.5million in crypto, Users are asked to input their 24-word seed, which allows scammers access to the wallet’s contents. This is why I hate add-ons for chrome or Firefox, they aren't safe at all but how come people are falling for this cheap trick that have been around since years ago now?

⚠️NEVER share your 24 words
⚠️NEVER enter your 24 words into any internet-connected device
⚠️Ledger will NEVER ask for your 24 words

When will people learn?
Pages:
Jump to: