Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC Armory, Bitcoin Armory Where are you? - page 2. (Read 1813 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Goatpig,

I tried to download your latest from above and still not working.  I could try with Apple again tomorrow and see
if something else can be done.  Is there any suggestion you have as to the problem?  Do I need to try it from
my offline computer that my coins are stored on?  Would I need the core synched on that computer?

Thanks,

SuzyAZ
This process is exactly what I went through with Apple support.  When you go to finder and get tp the final "open"  the icon on the dock disappears.  Nothing opens.  We did this probably 6 times and then Apple support suggested I contact the developer.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
It says "cannot open because identity of the developer cannot be confirmed.

This sounds like an Apple security issue, not an Armory issue.

Does the message say:
"Armory" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.
With an "OK" button?

If so, is there also a question mark in the lower left corner of the pop-up window?

If so, have you clicked on that question mark?

If so, do you get the following message:

If you do, then that message explains exactly what you need to do:

1. In the Finder, locate the app you want to open. (Don't use launchpad to do this. Launchpad doesn't allow you to access the shortcut menu.)

2. Press the Control Key, then (while holding down the Control Key) click the app icon in Finder.

3.  You should get a Pop-up Shortcut Menu.  Choose Open from the shortcut menu.

4.  You will get the same "is from an unidentified developer" message, except that now you'll have an "Open" button next to the "OK" button. Click the "Open" button.

Goatpig...what am I supposed to do to get on?  I have someone I'm working with to help me
who is much more bitcoin literate than I am.  How do I get on and sync with the core.  What information do
I give him so that we can move my coins?

I have the screenshot. But not sure how to get it on here. Do you need to see it?  It says "cannot open because identity of the developer cannot be confirmed.

This is what I downloaded from btcarmory.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
- snip -
my Apple Computer pops up with a message telling me that the website isn't recognized.
- snip -

Website isn't recognized?  Can you post a screen capture of the error message? (Command-Shift-4)

I'm not sure what error you're seeing.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
ATI has dropped support over a year ago now. I maintain Armory instead. Get the latest release here. Verify the binaries yourself.

https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/releases
I downloaded Bitcoin Armory but my Apple Computer pops up with a message telling me that the
website isn't recognized.  I called Apple Support and they could not get it opened either and suggested
I contact the developer.  There is no way to contact them.  They have a new website and the old
email address no longer works.

If my computer doesn't recognize the website, even with the support of Apple help how can I
get to my bitcoins?

Does anyone know if Bitcoin Armory is still functioning, still in operation?  Their twitter account doesn't
seem to have any recent activity either.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
You need to elaborate on what's going on.
I have bitcoin stored at Bitcoin Armory and cannot open their download on my Apple
even with help of Apple support.   Very concerned that I can't get to my coins.   Apple
said to contact the developer and I cannot get through to them.  HELP!!!
Pages:
Jump to: