Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC as a national currency? - page 40. (Read 12591 times)

Activity: 1140
Merit: 103
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
August 21, 2017, 12:32:52 AM
Two words that i could say to this question IN SANE.  We have our national currency here in our country which is hard to earn it's because you need to apply a work or some businesses which can provide to your family. If you have a bitcoin you will need a high tech gadgets in order to access your tokens or BTC or ETH. Maybe in the next millennium will be the coup for this currency.
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
August 21, 2017, 12:00:24 AM
If to become the national currency I think not yet, why? Because until now the price of bitcoin is very volatile. Meaning that his prices sometimes rise quickly but sometimes also go down very drastically
You are right if it becomes a national currency and Govt start giving payouts in terms of BTC then a servant will get x amount of btc and it can become equal to Manager's salary by 3-4 days and vice versa.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
August 20, 2017, 11:53:51 PM
If to become the national currency I think not yet, why? Because until now the price of bitcoin is very volatile. Meaning that his prices sometimes rise quickly but sometimes also go down very drastically
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
August 20, 2017, 11:43:05 PM
so there won't be the national bank in that country?
Common man think rational, how can btc will a national currency?? what is a national currency? => it is related to a particular nation. so how btc come to be related to any nation? BTC is just an investment and digital currency , some countries might adopt accepting payment in BTC like Japan but it can never be a National Currency.
Activity: 434
Merit: 168
August 20, 2017, 11:38:45 PM
I dont think if if bitcoin is national currency becuase many countries and many people dont know all about bitcoin. But many people familliar to bitcoin becuase of this value do much high and continiously to rise . but many people never use this becuase they didnt try .but i think it is a currency for a people who always use internet by using bitcoin.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Ⓚ Kore Projects CTO Ⓚ
August 20, 2017, 11:02:44 PM
I don't think BTC can become a national currency.  I do believe that an alt coin created specifically for a country CAN be that country's money and economic system.  I don't see it any different that a fiat.

Huck
Activity: 686
Merit: 107
August 20, 2017, 10:49:29 PM
I think not. Not all people in a country has a knowledge aboit bitcoin. And you would need internet in order to use bitcoin. A national currency must be used by everyone.
Merit: 500
August 20, 2017, 10:48:44 PM
So as far as we know BTC currency is growing wide, do you think there will be when it become a national currency?If yes, why?If not, why?
I think only a small micro nation named Liberland in europe has made bitcoin as its national currency.It has recently emerged as a nation.It has avoided huge expenses of printing new currencies by announcing bitcoin as their national currency.But,it would be not easy for other big nations to do so,since they already have their national currencies.Volatile nature of bitcoin is the main reason for it.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
August 20, 2017, 09:39:35 PM
so there won't be the national bank in that country?
Activity: 1988
Merit: 254
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
August 20, 2017, 12:04:33 PM
So as far as we know BTC currency is growing wide, do you think there will be when it become a national currency?If yes, why?If not, why?

At the present time, Bitcoin can hardly become a coin of any country because its price is too high and it is hard to control. However, I believe that in the future, some extremely advanced countries can use it as a national currency, which is really too small for the control of small nations.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 264
August 20, 2017, 12:00:08 PM
Although bitcoin has increased in price from previous years, but many people do not know of bitcoin even most countries are still many who can not formalize bitcoin.
Especially if bitcoin used as a national currency in my opinion it would not be possible because each country has its own currency.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
August 20, 2017, 11:59:23 AM
Bitcoin, for now, is not suitable to become a national currency of any country. Bitcoin's value is too volatile so a product or service will always change in price with respect to the price of Bitcoin. Also, a transaction fee is there with every transaction, this is not practical in using in a daily basis. It will be hard for the government to control the scenario. So if a country will make Bitcoin as its national currency then they have to regulate it first.
Bitcoin is more than a national currency because in all form of currency in every country we could actually used bitcoin on transaction just consider on the acceptance of bitcoin to a specific country. But if you are going to look at bitcoin as a form of universal currency that can be used in all country with all types of transactions.

Bitcoin can be more, but I agree with first comment, bitcoin is still not suitable to become national currency in one big and developed country, maybe in some little island state yes. Until bitcoin become suitable To fulfil all parameters that one serious currency should have we will see the same as what is happening in Japan currently, bitcoin will be legalized currency, available for using, trading, investing, aside from their own national currency.
I said Japan, but there are other countries that did the same, this will be sort of test, we need to wait a year or more to see results of that.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
August 20, 2017, 11:48:39 AM
Bitcoin, for now, is not suitable to become a national currency of any country. Bitcoin's value is too volatile so a product or service will always change in price with respect to the price of Bitcoin. Also, a transaction fee is there with every transaction, this is not practical in using in a daily basis. It will be hard for the government to control the scenario. So if a country will make Bitcoin as its national currency then they have to regulate it first.
Bitcoin is more than a national currency because in all form of currency in every country we could actually used bitcoin on transaction just consider on the acceptance of bitcoin to a specific country. But if you are going to look at bitcoin as a form of universal currency that can be used in all country with all types of transactions. So the best thing to do is to support bitcoin as a form of transaction in a daily basis that may result on further development on bitcoin price, value, transaction and security.
Activity: 616
August 20, 2017, 11:10:24 AM
no it can't be many of the people doesn't know about bitcoins though the price of it is very high and bitcoin is so valuable but it doesn't mean that all of the people in the country can accept that, it will take time for sure.
Activity: 1092
August 20, 2017, 11:05:24 AM
Bitcoin as a national currency is advisable only if the fellow citizens in the country are well verse into bitcoin. But if not, of course it is not a good idea to make it national currency, it maybe in the end they will blame bitcoin bitcoin of it volatility.
Activity: 756
August 20, 2017, 10:45:25 AM
I think bitcoin should be international currency. Probably when most of countries are accept bitcoin there are will be some countries which do that.
that is possible, but the rate of bitcoin always fluctuating too fast. that make this cant be international currency.
and i dont think some country would adopt this currency, its not like everybody in the country can use internet and there is any internet connection especially middle to lower.
or else fiat and bitcoin can be collaborating together.
Activity: 508
In CryptoEnergy we trust
August 20, 2017, 10:40:44 AM
I think bitcoin should be international currency. Probably when most of countries are accept bitcoin there are will be some countries which do that.
It should be but will never be. Btc is not yet that popular and it doesn't use yet by any merchants. It will took lots of process to name it as a international  currency though it can be used internationally already for transaction payments.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
August 20, 2017, 09:59:55 AM
Btc can't be a national currency because the very idea of it is that it is international and isn't controlled by any government
Activity: 798
Merit: 182
August 20, 2017, 09:19:52 AM
August 20, 2017, 07:47:45 AM
USD has been the national reserve currency of most of world countries.If a country decides to make bitcoin as its national currency,then it has to change all of its currency in to bitcoin.Definitely,it would affect the importance of USD.Liberland,a small european nation has already announced bitcoin as its national reserve currency.By this way,it has saved most of expenses which would had been used to print new currencies.Some even say that,if a country accepts bitcoin as a national currency,then its economy would collapse due to its volatility.So,it would be hard for other big countries to announce bitcoin as their national currency.
Pages:
Jump to: