Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC ATH in local currency - page 3. (Read 473 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
March 04, 2024, 05:58:27 AM
About that...  Cheesy

It's weird to see Bitcoin still quite a step from the USD ATH while just having broken the previous EUR ATH. I remember a similar situation back during the last bullrun. Kinda nice to be able to celebrate a local ATH slightly sooner, kinda sobering to see how our local currency lost value compared to the USD (even though the EUR is a relatively stable one).

Timing, th euro was 1.13 in 2019 1.19 in 2021, 1.10 in 2022, although for 5 years the difference is 4% it has fluctuated enough during those to acocutn for a 10-15% gap.

Inflation in my country shows a big gap with the dollar, when bitcoin touches the price level of $64k, ATH 2021 has been touched by our country's currency which is IDR 980 million / rounded up 1M, while in 2021 the value of the Dollar equivalent to my country's Rupiah is approximately $69k to get the amount of 980 million / 1M. Here it is clear that for 2-3 years we have experienced much crazier inflation, with a difference of $5k.

Do that in bags of rice, not usd not inr, then you're going to see the actual value!  Wink

But nothing compares to this anyhow:

Activity: 1316
Merit: 593
March 04, 2024, 05:51:41 AM
Inflation in my country shows a big gap with the dollar, when bitcoin touches the price level of $64k, ATH 2021 has been touched by our country's currency which is IDR 980 million / rounded up 1M, while in 2021 the value of the Dollar equivalent to my country's Rupiah is approximately $69k to get the amount of 980 million / 1M. Here it is clear that for 2-3 years we have experienced much crazier inflation, with a difference of $5k. That's heartbreaking to me, and luckily I kept most of my savings in BTC, and today it's getting a much better price increase, and it's enough for me to spend a year with my family if I sell it.

I would like to ask if in your country BTC has reached the old ATH or even the new ATH at the current price if using your local currency?
Nice question op. Science price has not crossed the previous ATH till now but it will do so soon but already it has crossed the previous ATH as the local currency of various countries.
https://www.imf.org/external/datamapper/PCPIPCH@WEO/WEOWORLD/VEN
From here the information is found that in almost most countries of the world the inflection happened in 2023 very high quality.  So in that case I think almost every country has Bitcoin price past the previous ATH in local currency.  Except for countries where USD /EUR is used as local currency.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 351
March 04, 2024, 05:51:25 AM
Inflation in my country shows a big gap with the dollar, when bitcoin touches the price level of $64k, ATH 2021 has been touched by our country's currency which is IDR 980 million / rounded up 1M, while in 2021 the value of the Dollar equivalent to my country's Rupiah is approximately $69k to get the amount of 980 million / 1M. Here it is clear that for 2-3 years we have experienced much crazier inflation, with a difference of $5k. That's heartbreaking to me, and luckily I kept most of my savings in BTC, and today it's getting a much better price increase, and it's enough for me to spend a year with my family if I sell it.

I would like to ask if in your country BTC has reached the old ATH or even the new ATH at the current price if using your local currency?
Thank you for revealing it, I didn't realize that indeed bitcoin had passed ATH with our country's currency, it turns out that if we take into account we have worse inflation than the dollar against bitcoin, which means maybe our country has more money in circulation so that inflation occurs, or whatever it is I don't really understand, but certainly the difference in the price of the dollar in 2021 and today as measured by bitcoin's ATH has a considerable difference.

Thus why FIAT is very dangerous to store wealth, they are wolves in sheep's clothing that eat the fruits of our hard work every year.

My local fiat currency is currently losing it's value so it's not safe and not worth the "save" thing but if I hodl USDT it is better but with Bitcoin holdings I think it is the best way to store my investment so inflation can be prevented and this is what I am doing just a few months ago. I have learned the lessons from the past and I don't want to be one of the victim of inflation once again.

But with OP's question if BTC reaches ATH in my local currency yes it does and the price difference is $1,250. This is based on 2021 ATH and todays price of Bitcoin although we still don't pass the Bitcoin's ATH in dollars but yeah inflation at it's finest.
Activity: 15
Merit: 1
March 04, 2024, 05:50:54 AM
Taka is the local currency of the country where I live. Earlier in 2021, the highest price of bitcoin was 69 thousand dollars then the price of dollar in our country's local currency was like 85 taka but now it has increased to 127 Taka. As a result the price of Bitcoin in our country's local currency has increased significantly, despite the fact that the price of Bitcoin was lower than its previous ATH.

Currently, the value of 1BTC in our country's money is 7,160,973.23 ৳ (Local Bangladeshi Currency)

Bitcoin hit a new all-time high in 14 of the G20 nations.

Twitter (X)
Activity: 294
Merit: 433
HODL - BTC
March 04, 2024, 05:41:50 AM
Current Bitcoin price = Local Indonesian currency.

This is due to the influence of high fiat inflation so in USDT it has not touched ATH while in some countries it has touched it for bitcoin but I am happy with this news because we are a little comparing how inflation continues to increase.

At least never put all your money in fiat because in a few years it will definitely decrease in value, bitcoin as the longest asset and the possibility continues to rise.
Don't ever forget about bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1156
March 04, 2024, 05:12:03 AM
Good for you, this is why we need to hold Bitcoin.

There are only four good investments to hedge against inflation e.g. Bitcoin, real estate, precious metals and stocks in strong economy countries. If you didn't have one of them, you're in loss.

Thus why FIAT is very dangerous to store wealth, they are wolves in sheep's clothing that eat the fruits of our hard work every year.
Probably not very dangerous, the most dangerous is still shitcoins.

At least they're not surprised if their money's value went lose 10-30% after few years, while shitcoins you could lose 100% of the money you invested for short time.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
Cashback 15%
March 04, 2024, 04:57:07 AM
Not in my country. EUR is a strong currency (it would've been different if we kept the ancient, non-compatitive "peseta" in Spain). But I'm glad to see that BTC, despite the volatility, is a real alternative to keep purchase power in countries where the national currency is losing value. I knew about cases in Latam but I'm happy to see that it is helping in Indonesia too.

About that...  Cheesy

It's weird to see Bitcoin still quite a step from the USD ATH while just having broken the previous EUR ATH. I remember a similar situation back during the last bullrun. Kinda nice to be able to celebrate a local ATH slightly sooner, kinda sobering to see how our local currency lost value compared to the USD (even though the EUR is a relatively stable one).
Activity: 1400
Merit: 674
March 04, 2024, 04:31:51 AM

Thank you for revealing it, I didn't realize that indeed bitcoin had passed ATH with our country's currency, it turns out that if we take into account we have worse inflation than the dollar against bitcoin, which means maybe our country has more money in circulation so that inflation occurs, or whatever it is I don't really understand, but certainly the difference in the price of the dollar in 2021 and today as measured by bitcoin's ATH has a considerable difference.

Activity: 350
Merit: 262
March 04, 2024, 02:35:59 AM

Against the dollar, Bitcoin price is almost on the way to surpass the previous ATH and there is only a gap of 4-5 thousand dollars.  On the other hand there has been a huge inflection of FIAT money in most of the countries so I think Bitcoin's ATH has been crossed in most of the countries as per the current Bitcoin price.  If I want to talk about my country here also BTC crossed the previous ATH in terms of FIAT money
I am a citizen of Bangladesh, the inflation of my country's money has been very high. During the last ATH, the price of 1 dollar was 80-82 Bangladeshi Taka. And at present it has become 125-127 taka.  Which is about 57-58% inflation.  Bitcoin price today is $63k and it went up to 64k which is about $100k in my country according to inflexon.  So in my country's currency Bitcoin hit the pre-ATH venge at $100k.  Haha it's really sad to see these that if I had held onto the bitcoins since then I would have got HUGE returns. and the longer you hold Bitcoin, the higher the return will be. this is a huge advantage of Bitcoin holding
Activity: 1218
Merit: 390
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 04, 2024, 02:23:46 AM

Against the dollar, Bitcoin price is almost on the way to surpass the previous ATH and there is only a gap of 4-5 thousand dollars.  On the other hand there has been a huge inflection of FIAT money in most of the countries so I think Bitcoin's ATH has been crossed in most of the countries as per the current Bitcoin price.  If I want to talk about my country here also BTC crossed the previous ATH in terms of FIAT money
Activity: 504
Merit: 198
My privacy, my right.
March 04, 2024, 02:16:50 AM
As crazy as the difference in amount between these local currencies of some countries and the dollar it is becoming an increasingly necessary evil  for citizens of these countries to whom their currency is repleting in value by the hit of inflation  to find a hedge to keep value on with their money by either holding it in dollar or investing in bitcoin which in the long run create extra value for them.
And I think the falling value of the currencies of these countries has also become one of the propeller drive among youths of these countries particularly of the African continent to increasingly adopt bitcoin because of the profit it profers to it long term holders.

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 2032
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>SPA
March 04, 2024, 02:14:26 AM
Not in my country. EUR is a strong currency (it would've been different if we kept the ancient, non-compatitive "peseta" in Spain). But I'm glad to see that BTC, despite the volatility, is a real alternative to keep purchase power in countries where the national currency is losing value. I knew about cases in Latam but I'm happy to see that it is helping in Indonesia too.
Activity: 2016
Merit: 555
March 04, 2024, 01:16:12 AM

Pages:
Jump to: