Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC bounty] Help me with Sapphire Trixx and voltage control - page 2. (Read 6941 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
That's just it, something did change, you could change voltage before and can't now.  Your problem now is figuring out what changed that changed trixx's behavior.
Activity: 168
Nothing changed. It just stopped letting me drag the slider on one boot.
Activity: 210
The big question is, what changed?
Did you install something?
Update something?
Is your computer set up for automatic windows updates?  11.7 is out I believe, and windows may try to auto-update you onto it.
I have Overdrive disabled in CCC. It screwed with things previously so in my fresh install I haven't even touched it.
Activity: 328
Merit: 250
While I am not sure about the voltage slider being unresponsive, one possibility of your sapphire trixx not running settings automatically is (and i quote from another forum)

"Also, REMEMBER TrixX supersedes AMD Overdrives options in all areas, GPU, MEM OC as well as Volt and Fan control. Depending on if it loads after CCC. If AMD Overdrive in the CCC loads after TriXX it will use its settings.

You should set TriXX to load with windows if you want the settings to apply automatically at startup. But it starts faster than CCC on occasion if it does simply go to any option in TrixX and select apply and that will ensure TriXX settings overide the AMD Overdrive.
"

In order to test this, you could set a delay in trixx loading with windows so that it will start after CCC and see if its settings are automatically loaded.
Trixx is a pretty lightweight application so I figured it would be unnecessary, but I'll give it a go anyways.

I haven't done any driver changes, in fact this is a fresh Windows 7 install and only one driver version has been present on the system (11.6)
First version of Trixx I installed was v4.0.2 (pictured) and voltage control suddenly stopped working.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
dont know if it will help but often programs leave behind a lot of crap when you uninstall them.
use something like revo uninstaller to uninstall it completely and then it will scan the registry for left overs.

I'd even go through and look for left overs your self.

just search trixx in regedit

then reinstall

so no recent driver changes? didnt just upgrade trixx or anything?

if it still doesnt work, i think you might be out of luck
Does this happen to anyone with v4.0.2?

It's really ridiculous, I've tried reinstalling but it didn't fix it. Funny thing is it worked a few days ago but one day I noticed it stopped auto-applying my volts at startup and noticed that I can no longer drag the voltage slider.

Help?

If you can fix this problem on v4.0.2 I will send you some coins.
Pages:
Jump to: