Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC dominance halved - page 2. (Read 439 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 251
January 30, 2018, 12:09:40 AM
Known cases when coinmarketcap deliberately distorted the market figures. So I don't have much to rely on their performance. Bitcoin every year it happens, rollback to the previous positions. But after some time he returns. The same thing will happen this time.
Activity: 406
Merit: 174
January 30, 2018, 12:02:19 AM
I think once BTC finally becomes 2nd place on the market cap, this will be a great thing since it will no longer represent the trend of cryptocurrency like it currently does. Individual projects should go up and down in value based upon their own merits, and not the merit of BTC. Sooner people stop associating BTC with crypto the better.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company
January 29, 2018, 11:58:57 PM
To me the dominance of bitcoin reducing gradually is a sign that people are noticing better options when investing in cryptocurrencies.People hear more about bitcoins but when they start investing they realize there are way better options than bitcoin and i believe with time the btc dominance will eventually be no more.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
January 29, 2018, 10:20:03 PM
Bitcoin is now 33% and Ethereum is 20%.  The flippening will be upon us soon!

-

-

@charteroakpublic
- A Telegram group that hands out leaks from Palm Beach confidential and more.  Join us!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
January 29, 2018, 10:11:11 PM
a lot of coins will probably die and BTC will regain it's dominance.
I am on the same side of the road on this. I strongly believe that all the redundant altcoins will dry out badly, all the way till where they trade for pennies and are subject to pumps by wannabe 'whale' pump groups.

There are just a few altcoins actually doing something useful that Bitcoin doesn't, and likely never will, which is all fine since it's nice to see a well progressing crypto ecosystem as a whole.

If we look at the altcoin market in terms of the general valuation per coin, then it's clear to me that the majority of the coins are actual bubbles. I don't use this term very often, but I'm gladly doing it with altcoins as main subject.
Activity: 336
Merit: 103
January 29, 2018, 06:29:11 PM
I am confident that ethereum will catch up with bitcoin in regard to the market cap and probably 2018. The too high processing fees for bitcoin was a shot in the knee. The competition does not sleep and if you offer a better coin then you have of course the chance to catch up, especially if  the market leader demands to high fees. I also expect that bitcoin's dominance will further decrease and go under 20%.
Activity: 700
Merit: 350
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
January 29, 2018, 05:55:00 PM
BTC went up - alts went down, BTC went down - alts went down, this was the case before December, when cryptocurreny market pumped last time.
But according to coinmarketcap BTC dominance in crypto market is 34%, though it was more than 60-70% on September, doesn't it mean that people started paying more attention ta altcoins and so alts eventually becoming more "independent"?
I don't think it will happen this year or even next, but don't you think that some top altcoins may bypass bitcoin in the near future?

I won't say it can't happen because I can't really predict the future, but I really doubt it will ever happen. I can't really explain why BTC dominance drop so significantly. Maybe because more coins got listed in exchanges, and maybe because they got paired with tether for example, so it got easier to pump them. I won't deny bitcoin has it's problems, but do you see any use for the other coins right now?

Ripple got heavily pumped and it hurt BTC dominance a bit. A lot of cheap coins got pumped as well, maybe it was the Mcafee effect, since he kept saying that it was easier for a cheap coin to go from 50cent to $1, than for an expensive coin to go from $15k to $30k (don't remember the exact values). The truth is that you start seeing lots of cheap coins to show huge gains.

I still don't think any of those coins will surpass BTC, because of it's usability. BTC will have real use if the LN works, and as soon as that happens, a lot of coins will probably die and BTC will regain it's dominance.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
January 29, 2018, 05:27:41 PM
BTC went up - alts went down, BTC went down - alts went down, this was the case before December, when cryptocurreny market pumped last time.
But according to coinmarketcap BTC dominance in crypto market is 34%, though it was more than 60-70% on September, doesn't it mean that people started paying more attention ta altcoins and so alts eventually becoming more "independent"?
I don't think it will happen this year or even next, but don't you think that some top altcoins may bypass bitcoin in the near future?

Not possible mate. Even if the dominance of BTC had decreased, you can still see clearly that the price movement of all the alts is too dependent on BTC.
How can be so sure? Not all altcoins prices are correlated or dependent on bitcoin since some of them do have different market which means they can really stand on their own. If we do try to look on here https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage btc dominance decreased so much specially it dropped almost 30% on a short span of time but well seeing on the community that supports bitcoin we can assume it will eventually come up soon.
Activity: 395
Merit: 129
January 29, 2018, 04:48:46 PM
I am puzzled too by the meaning of BTC dominance to be so low. In fact it is an all time low, so it is difficult to find comparisons to help understanding. It could both mean that it is now time to sell alts and go back to Bitcoins, and the opposite...
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
January 29, 2018, 04:45:38 PM
Good to see that at least some people in this thread understand how insignificant Bitcoin's "decreasing" dominance is. It's pretty annoying how noobs keep thinking that a market cap is the only thing that matters, while in reality it isn't. I have seen a $1000 billion market cap shitcoin already last year, and that was before Bitcoin's bull run started -- does that mean Bitcoin has been demolished by that shitcoin? Noobs speak please.... Because if we have to believe the general faulty logic of the people here, then it basically means that Bitcoin has been overtaken, surpassed, rekt, etc.
Activity: 392
Merit: 24
January 29, 2018, 04:39:59 PM
Dominance of bitcoin is now a traditional thing and the hardest one in the world is removing or destroying traditions.
So it is possible but a little bit hard
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
January 29, 2018, 04:33:26 PM

Sometimes when argument like this are made I just laugh because with hundreds of coins and several hundres more as token with several more coming out on a daily basis bitcoin alone was able to corner 34% in the market while others try to get as much as they can from the remaining 66% and even the 34% is just a matter if days which might increase to any percentage in a matter of days. For that reason,, I am not bothered.
Activity: 196
Merit: 14
January 29, 2018, 04:05:45 PM
As Bitcoin peaked to $20,000 just before Christmas last year, it was unstoppable in both its growth and dominance, but since then it has dropped away in both respects as altcoin seasoned opened up the new year. The original cryptocurrency saw its dominance fall to below 33 percent as others such as Ripple, Stellar and Tron have snatched some of the overall market cap. However, already on the comeback trail, the belief is that Bitcoin will still be the market leader through 2018.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
January 29, 2018, 03:19:07 PM
It can happen as BTC has gone down subsequently and recovery has been quite a task right now.But i still believe the next best coin after bitcoin is way below in terms of prices and with that deficit to cover,it will be the very difficult to get into the position of bitcoin or to over that but one thing can happen and validly put in above quote and that is the sale.It has been drastic fall in bitcoin sale and drastic improvement in alts sale,there are many reasons for this but most prime one is downfall of bitcoin and also because of many options in alts for people to invest this will make altcoins more independent.
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
January 29, 2018, 02:51:14 PM
People take alt coins as an option for investment  after gaining so much trust on bitcoin and since they saw the potential of most alts the demand increases which maybe the reason why the value of most alts appreciate. But in terms of paying more attention to alts I don't think that is really the case now because people are still focus on bitcoin it was just that they need to exert much effort in choosing a good alts for investment.
The fact is that in reality a lot of users today prefer altcoin and etherium, and also try to bypass Bitcoin. Already, whoever has Bitcoin investments, expect what will happen in the near future.
Activity: 210
Merit: 108
January 29, 2018, 12:27:42 PM
People take alt coins as an option for investment  after gaining so much trust on bitcoin and since they saw the potential of most alts the demand increases which maybe the reason why the value of most alts appreciate. But in terms of paying more attention to alts I don't think that is really the case now because people are still focus on bitcoin it was just that they need to exert much effort in choosing a good alts for investment.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
January 29, 2018, 12:00:25 PM
Things are looking supposedly quiet on the Bitcoin front but  have a feeling that we will wake up suddenly one day and see Bitcoin rising high again and the altcoins bleeding again because Bitcoin is going up. This time we saw altcoins bleed, because Bitcoin price crashed. We will only see the good altcoin grow and survive through these very volatile times but Bitcoin even though has lost some of it's dominance still controls the market as all tokens and coins are pegged to it.
MV7
Activity: 322
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
January 29, 2018, 11:23:41 AM
The cryptocurrency landscape is entering unprecedented territory. I don't think BTC dominance has ever been this low, and the gap between BTC and any other coin this close. I'm also very curious to see what will happen, but I think BTC will still be the king for a long time. It's still the most widespread and easiest to buy with fiat.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 994
Cats on Mars
January 29, 2018, 10:46:09 AM
doesn't it mean that people started paying more attention ta altcoins and so alts eventually becoming more "independent"?
People (newcomers and investors) have started to pay attention to altcoins because they found out they can make quick money in the short-term thanks the pump and dump schemes. "independent"? not really, take a look at the charts today, the sea of red wasn't caused by XRP or ETH, BTC went down and altcoins followed.

If you mean by market cap, then yes, a few alts can take the #1 spot from Bitcoin, but other than that, alts will always be secondary.

Nobody likes the $10-$20 fees to send a transaction, and it makes the whole thing seem pointless.
what's actually pointless is your comment. What $10-$20 fee are you talking about? you can literally send a tx with just 10-40 sat/B fee and it will get comfirmed in the next 2 or 3 blocks.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
January 29, 2018, 10:30:00 AM
Something will pass at some point if the tech doesn't improve drastically and soon. Nobody likes the $10-$20 fees to send a transaction, and it makes the whole thing seem pointless. Once we're seeing normal tx fees again we'll see steady gains. I don't really understand how Bitcoin surged so much with all of these scaling issues, but I love it. I never complain when my Bitcoin is worth more!
Even I think that at some point of time some coin will surely bypass bitcoin because one thing can't be at the top forever. Although I disagree with the fees because the fees is not much now as it has been reduced now to 40 Satoshis per byte which is 10 times less than what it was before a few weeks. Bitcoin surged so much despite the scaling issues because it was in the news and trend and everyone was investing in it regardless of it's huge fees. This is why the price went up so quickly. Since now everything is back to normal we might see a stable growth in a few weeks.
Pages:
Jump to: