Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-E account hacked!!! - page 2. (Read 3295 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
April 19, 2013, 03:28:45 PM
one way of making you a potential target is by using the chatbox. have you posted messages on the chatbox ? 

I did not use the chatbox at all. I funded the account on the 4/16 and placed an order to buy. On 4/17 the account was hacked, order was canceled and my code was redeemed for all my funds.
Activity: 12
April 19, 2013, 03:16:43 PM
one way of making you a potential target is by using the chatbox. have you posted messages on the chatbox ? 
April 19, 2013, 02:40:50 PM
If you by any chance have enabled firewall logging in ur Windows u can check if these IPs are also logged there.

I will check. I do know that I have logging enabled on my router, will take a look as well. Thanks
lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254
April 19, 2013, 02:35:19 PM
If you by any chance have enabled firewall logging in ur Windows u can check if these IPs are also logged there.
April 19, 2013, 02:33:20 PM
Has anyone else here had this happen to them?

Are you special for some reason. OZcoin pool got attacked. That's targeted. Does anyone have physical access to your computer?

First of all, at no point in time did I specify I was special. I am trying to determine if anyone else ( on BTC-e ) has had this happen to them and had it resolved. So I suggest if you have nothing useful to contribute to the topic, you can keep your comments to yourself.

Actually he is usefull. And that's a valid question.

Attacks/hacks are usually targeted and untargeted, as you said you have common security sense, so it may be a targeted attack, then, if it was, the question is why you?

Physically, no one has access to my computer but me. From the little info given to me by support at BTC-e, the 2 IPs that accessed my account, one was from the Netherlands and the other from Germany, I reside in the US.
lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254
April 19, 2013, 02:28:52 PM

Are you special for some reason. OZcoin pool got attacked. That's targeted. Does anyone have physical access to your computer?

First of all, at no point in time did I specify I was special. I am trying to determine if anyone else ( on BTC-e ) has had this happen to them and had it resolved. So I suggest if you have nothing useful to contribute to the topic, you can keep your comments to yourself.

Actually he is usefull. And that's a valid question.

Attacks/hacks are usually targeted and untargeted, as you said you have common security sense, so it may be a targeted attack, then, if it was, the question is why you?
April 19, 2013, 02:17:30 PM

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
April 19, 2013, 02:12:53 PM

April 19, 2013, 01:48:28 PM
April 19, 2013, 10:09:03 AM
what OS are you using?

do you have java installed?

are you using the same username/email/password over and over again?

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Java is installed - was enabled at the time of the incident it is now disabled and noscript add-on installed

I do not use the same email and password over and over.

April 19, 2013, 10:04:19 AM
what OS are you using?

do you have java installed?

are you using the same username/email/password over and over again?

April 19, 2013, 09:47:38 AM
did you enable the "withdraw only with request on email" for your account?

I did not at the time of the incident
April 19, 2013, 09:44:18 AM
did you enable the "withdraw only with request on email" for your account?
April 19, 2013, 01:15:39 AM
I work in the technology field so tend to stay up on the latest versions of software and make it a point to be up to date on the updates. There is another thread on this site related to the same issue I am having but I cannot post there as of yet. So I figured I would start one up in the only place I can vent my frustrations at the moment.
Activity: 14
April 19, 2013, 01:10:36 AM
looks like I will be setting up one of my spare machines.

don't trust all apps you download on internet (crack version), and keep update your OS

I am good in that sense. I am not in the habit of downloading cracked versions of software.

I know for a window old version, many bugs and very easy to use metasploit for attacking, so my advice is always updating the OS, or maybe you can make a router with firewall (like a IPS / IDS)
April 19, 2013, 01:05:38 AM

don't trust all apps you download on internet (crack version), and keep update your OS

I am good in that sense. I am not in the habit of downloading cracked versions of software.
April 19, 2013, 12:59:49 AM

April 19, 2013, 12:56:45 AM
April 19, 2013, 12:54:19 AM
Oh dear, sad to hear this.
Your computer is probably/possibly infected.
Get avast + http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and scan.

Note: Always set up strong passwords. (best case: write something huge on a piece of paper and use that).
Hope it gets resolved Smiley

or maybe can use unix or linux family  Grin
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Mine Litecoins.
April 19, 2013, 12:51:35 AM
Wishin you well ...
Pages:
Jump to: