Pages:
Author

Topic: Btc-e is an honest exchange - page 2. (Read 1639 times)

vip
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
May 18, 2014, 09:49:56 PM
i made a lot of people mad 2 years ago when i claimed btc-e was a lot more trustable than mt gox...

so much for what g. maxwell knows. i do not feel sorry for anyone who listened to him.

Same here. I was also posting here that BTC-E was more reliable than Gox, but some people even made threats against me for saying so. Their argument was that since the Gox owner was not anonymous, he should be a reliable person.  Grin

yup, we had to face a lot of abuse and still get shit. oh well, we have our money and we did not help mark rob from others.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
May 18, 2014, 09:46:52 PM
i made a lot of people mad 2 years ago when i claimed btc-e was a lot more trustable than mt gox...

so much for what g. maxwell knows. i do not feel sorry for anyone who listened to him.

Same here. I was also posting here that BTC-E was more reliable than Gox, but some people even made threats against me for saying so. Their argument was that since the Gox owner was not anonymous, he should be a reliable person.  Grin
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
May 18, 2014, 09:23:23 AM
Yeah who know about the guys behind BTC-e. They've been around long but as far as I know never gone public or had their stash of BTC and fiat counted by a third party
Mark Karpeles is a perfect example that publicity doesn't protect your money.

good point
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
May 18, 2014, 07:00:45 AM
Yeah who know about the guys behind BTC-e. They've been around long but as far as I know never gone public or had their stash of BTC and fiat counted by a third party

That doesn't however mean that it's safer to operate with anonymous individuals.

Everyone is honest right up to the point they rip you off.  So it's better to evaluate the risk based on what options are available to you in the event that they do rip you off.... anonymous individuals in maybe Russia = almost no options.

Plus like others have said they also do not make any of their holdings audit-able.
vip
May 18, 2014, 06:38:08 AM

Well at least there is someone to blame and put in court. If BTC-e goes blank who to blame? No one but the users!!

mark has not been charged with a crime. his personal assets have not been seized. he stole half a billion and got away with it.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
May 18, 2014, 06:33:55 AM

Well at least there is someone to blame and put in court. If BTC-e goes blank who to blame? No one but the users!!
vip
May 18, 2014, 06:32:14 AM

Activity: 350
Merit: 254
May 18, 2014, 06:31:56 AM

+1 well said!
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009
May 18, 2014, 06:29:38 AM
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
May 18, 2014, 06:17:19 AM
Activity: 476
May 17, 2014, 10:13:39 PM
Don't come crying if they run away with the coins  Roll Eyes

anything is possible
Activity: 359
May 17, 2014, 10:09:57 PM
Don't come crying if they run away with the coins  Roll Eyes
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
May 14, 2014, 09:53:01 PM
Wanted to take a moment and remind everyone that btc-e is an honest exchange. There is just too much speculation on the topic because obviusly US based exchanges can't compete with an ofshore one (in your face land of the free) but in fact btc-e has been serving it's customers right since day 1. It playied a really important role in the rise of litecoin and altcoins in general. Btc-e is the perfect example of what every exchange should be like.

Btc-e destroying 110K premined NovaCoins transfered in their exchange over a year ago:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/110k-premined-nvc-is-successfully-destroyed-144158
Pages:
Jump to: