Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC fees exploding and BTC will crash down - page 6. (Read 3019 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
It will be endless process. They will always find ways to increase capacity. BTC will never crash down
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
Yeah, fees are getting out of hand. I think this might be the downfall of BTC - if fees keep rising and transactions get slower.
I agree, Colorado boy.  You can't send dust anymore, and using faucets is even more of a waste of time, because I do believe it adds to your inputs, which then raises the fees when you go to send money.  Faucets are a colossal waste of time anyway, but some are fun.  Can't beat free money.

And the confirmation times, ugh.  I'm not going to call OP an idiot for wanting to hold altcoins, because some of them are good and the fees certainly beat bitcoin's.  But I don't think bitcoin's going to crash soon.
hv_
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
As soon as possible, if fees will go down for a short time, I will sell Bitcoin and hold other cryptocurrencies and hope others will also do so until fees go down.
I think this was to expected due to the surge in the value of bitcoins,the fees are just unrealistically and something needs to be done about it. The miners are demanding just too much money for that and I believe that as the value rises, the fees is going to rise as well.

SW is a slow starter.

Miners and others have signaled for bigger blocks long time ago. Bitcoin Cash works that way, as a proof of concept or prototype. But in a pole position to take over?
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Fees only seem ridiculous because the price of Bitcoin is so high. They have pretty much stayed the same...

That. Another aspect that plays a major role is that people have no way of cashing out their faucet and captcha dust. In order to move that bit of dust they have burning in their wallets, they need to include a fee that is likely 100-200% of that amount, and remember, that's just to move it, lol. These people account for a major part of the complainers, that's for sure. Just look at how many complaints have flown into the direction of online wallet services that no longer offer free external transactions. I seriously don't understand why people till this day are still farming faucets and captchas, watching video ads for 6 satoshi per 30 seconds, etc. Lips sealed
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
PUGG.io
As soon as possible, if fees will go down for a short time, I will sell Bitcoin and hold other cryptocurrencies and hope others will also do so until fees go down.
No, others won't follow you because others don't care about the fees, they care about the price. Wink

Aren't the fees actually lower right now than they were 2 or 3 months ago? I remember it was crazy back then. The price has grew by at least $500 and the fees went down. It's actually great if you look at the big picture. Stop whining and sell already, but don't say I haven't warned you. BTC is going up in the long run and it's going to go up by so much that you'll have so much money you won't care how high the fees are.
Absolutely! The fees have gone down as compared to the last few months, and also the transaction time is also reduced for me. As in past I had to do priority transaction from bitcoin wallet to get my bitcoins reach in other address in a few hours, now a days I can do the same with economic transaction fees on my wallet.
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I think this was to expected due to the surge in the value of bitcoins,the fees are just unrealistically and something needs to be done about it. The miners are demanding just too much money for that and I believe that as the value rises, the fees is going to rise as well.
Activity: 1
Stop complaining about the Bitcoin fees, they are not that huge. That's sure that if you want to transfer 1 or 2 dollars you will be in troubles, but what is good with Bitcoin is that you could send one million dollars for the same fees. SegWit will solve the problem a bit, but we are not in a crisis, stop exaggerating...
Activity: 615
Merit: 253

what are you basing this on? I'm relatively new to bitcoin and am really curious about why you believe this to be true. has it happened before, or is this more of a gut feeling?
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
August 26, 2017, 05:02:37 PM
No, others won't follow you because others don't care about the fees, they care about the price. Wink

Aren't the fees actually lower right now than they were 2 or 3 months ago? I remember it was crazy back then. The price has grew by at least $500 and the fees went down. It's actually great if you look at the big picture. Stop whining and sell already, but don't say I haven't warned you. BTC is going up in the long run and it's going to go up by so much that you'll have so much money you won't care how high the fees are.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
August 26, 2017, 04:55:49 PM
The higher the fees climb the less use cases bitcoin will have. Im sure already a lot of people dont even want to move bitcoin about due to the fees. To get around it any trades ive wanted to do ive had to do with alts and then change back to btc, not the best work around. Is this what bitcoin was destined to be?
Activity: 276
Merit: 254
August 26, 2017, 04:41:32 PM
Now imagine if Bitcoin fees go to 100 dollars for a transaction as Adam Back and similar nuts wish for. Thankfully most Bitcoin ecosystem finally agreed to implement SegWit2x in November which means immediatelly doubling Bitcoin capacity.
legendary
Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
August 26, 2017, 04:26:42 PM
Fees only seem ridiculous because the price of Bitcoin is so high. They have pretty much stayed the same...
Activity: 392
Merit: 257
August 26, 2017, 04:17:57 PM
I don't think Bitcoin would just die because of it's transaction fees as bitcoin is itself very high.Miners also need to be profited as Bitcoin mining is not that profitable now.But I do think fees will go down in some time and Bitcoin will be back to normal fees.I think this spike in fees is due to other crypto currencies mining becoming more profitable and mining are shifting towards them.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
August 26, 2017, 10:34:56 AM
Even though the fees is high, i'm sure there won't be any problem if you want to sell your bitcoin if you have lots of bitcoin or use low fees. But let's hope SegWit2x works well without bug so we can enjoy segwit & bigger block.
Activity: 50
August 26, 2017, 10:36:15 AM
Yeah, fees are getting out of hand. I think this might be the downfall of BTC - if fees keep rising and transactions get slower.
115000 satoshis on bitcoinfees21.co right now. its just insane , 5 dollars for say for a transaction. Shocked
Activity: 56
August 26, 2017, 10:29:54 AM
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
August 26, 2017, 10:26:03 AM
As soon as possible, if fees will go down for a short price, I will sell Bitcoin and hold other cryptocurrencies and hope others will also do so until fees go down.

You wish. Bitcoin is pretty expensive so I don't think that the fees will be having a down run. Also, the miners need to be paid correctly, especially this time that the other alt coin is making a development about mining and may get the miners of bitcoin. If that happen, it may affect the transactions and the price.
Activity: 462
Merit: 254
August 26, 2017, 10:08:43 AM
Pages:
Jump to: