Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC Halving Failure with Market Price below $900 US$ - page 2. (Read 1438 times)

legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1175
"H.  Spoetnik releases a New Super Virus , that turns all Humans into Canadians , which for some reason, Now everyone Agrees with Spoetnik and sets fire to all of the world's currency and ASICS, New world currency is Now Officially Fish.  Shocked  "

I believe this is the most likely outcome. We can forget everything else and focus on this. Maybe its stupid, but when all humans turns into Canadians, what will happen with Canadians?  Wink
Can I reserve some FISH coins now while its not too late?

Activity: 578
Merit: 508
I think that there is another "economic" utility of BTC that maybe overlooked in the West. That is that BTC and other coins (LTC I'm looking at you.) because of capital controls, are vehicles to move money out of China. You can read accounts where Chinese have given smugglers a 20% cut to move money out of China.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
Or the most obvious thing happens which you even said in the OP,
So for them to break even with their current profit margin, BTC Price of $450 has to literally Double to $900 within days of the halving.
they learn to live with a lower profit margin.

Profit is profit, sure they might like to see $900 BTC to keep the same margin, but even if their profit after all expenses stays positive why would they quit mining. They might drop from making $200 to $100 a day profit, but again profit is profit.

So I would add option I., which should be A. They keep mining and learn to live with less profit.
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
So for them to break even with their current profit margin, BTC Price of $450 has to literally Double to $900 within days of the halving.

That assumes they are breaking even before, which is very likely false.

The Economics 101 of the price meeting demand at marginal supply shouldn't mean anything but gibberish to most here in Altcoin Discussion land.

The impact of marginal miners exiting and more coins for the remaining miners should not even be entertained as a possibility because it violates the K.I.S.S. soundbite principle.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

That assumes they are breaking even before, which is very likely false.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Crypto Collector
Spectrum 48k
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Super Nintendo
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Reward-Drop ETA date: 11 Jul 2016 18:24:27

The Bitcoin block mining reward halves every 210,000 blocks, the coin reward will decrease from 25 to 12.5 coins.

Approximate Price of BTC => ~$450

We know that the BTC miners all have bills from ASICS & Electricity & Personal & Housing.
Their BTC income will be cut in Halve, which means their Fiat income from selling BTC will also be Halved.

Options:

A.  Miracle occurs and price exceeds $900 , Miners Happy.  Cheesy

B.  No Price increase and China now controls 80% of the BTC mining Pools.  Huh

C.  BTC Price Collapses to between $250 & $300  Embarrassed

D.  r0ach sells everything he owns and BTC reaches $500, because he already said he will pump it. But crashes a week later.   Roll Eyes

E.  Smooth decides he bored with BTC and lets everyone know they should have just purchased Monero.

F.  TPTB released a 8000 Paged Post explaining what really happened, which becomes a best seller.

G.  Kiklo is busy in the ZEIT forum, when he receives the ShamWow Spokesman of the Year Award.  Wink

H.  Spoetnik releases a New Super Virus , that turns all Humans into Canadians , which for some reason, Now everyone Agrees with Spoetnik and sets fire to all of the world's currency and ASICS, New world currency is Now Officially Fish.  Shocked

Agree or Disagree or Feel Free to Add any Options.  Cheesy

Cool

Extra Options:
I.  (author=Za1n) They keep mining and learn to live with less profit.
Pages:
Jump to: