Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC is like a bible book - page 2. (Read 2225 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR
March 25, 2015, 08:47:10 AM
Bitcoin is focussing on disrupting the status quo, but the bible wishes to protect and rely on the status quo, your comparison makes absoltely no sense....

Maybe you mean like the followers are cult like, that I can understand, but you don't say that Smiley
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
March 25, 2015, 08:45:21 AM
I'm a Christian, but I always let that slide because your argument isn't worth my time. Especially you compared the Bible with Bitcoin, like comparing apple to orange. Made no sense imho

If you hate BTC so much, why just keep quiet? Let us choose your own way, I didn't even bother with your way.
Just keep use your own currency, I had a reason to use BTC so that why I use it.

I dont hate BTC, I trade BTC daily,

It's just when I am long, I am hyped as fuck,
BUT when I am shorting, I feel like this BTC wholething is virtual bullshit.

It's quite similar in that you have to be faithful Smiley
wholething is about faith that network will survive and spread all over the world

also when you explain it to average joe, they think you are brain washed something

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
March 25, 2015, 08:42:00 AM
bitcoin believers are like christians, in that the vast majority never read the white paper (or the bible). And the majority of those who did probably don't fully understand it.
Q7
Activity: 448
March 25, 2015, 08:31:18 AM
Well I try not to connect it to religion. Whatever I believe in about the future of bitcoin, I have my reasons for it and same goes for those non-believers. Each of us have our own rights to our own option and I won't criticize others just because their opinions are not aligned with mine. However, one thing I would like to point out is that I'm not in total obsession. Bitcoin do have its own weaknesses.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 876
March 25, 2015, 08:07:11 AM
I think that the mentality of the bitcoin community is very similar with the mentality of religious groups and Satoshi's white paper is like the bible, both full of dogmas.
To the bitcoin fanatics, there is no room for doubt on Satoshis words. If you have doubt, then the fanatics will tell you that you have to read the white paper again, and again, and again, until you finally realize the same truth as they see. Quite similar to religious fanatics.

The cold hard truth is, that financially, bitcoin is a gimmick. For it to be used as store of value, it's too unstable, and for transfer of value, it's too inconvenient. So, practicality won't give it value and the only thing left to give it value is belief that it has value. And if something is this much dependent on belief, then there's no surprise that recognizable religious patterns will emerge.
Activity: 784
March 25, 2015, 07:50:44 AM
I'm a Christian, but I always let that slide because your argument isn't worth my time. Especially you compared the Bible with Bitcoin, like comparing apple to orange. Made no sense imho

If you hate BTC so much, why just keep quiet? Let us choose your own way, I didn't even bother with your way.
Just keep use your own currency, I had a reason to use BTC so that why I use it.
Activity: 392
March 25, 2015, 07:38:01 AM
it's also like christianity in that if you're into it, there's a decent chance that you're fuckin' obsessed with it and think it will determine your future. and ppl will want to stay well away from you, since you're obsessed about something they've practically never heard of. and you'll just think they're beartards.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
March 25, 2015, 07:05:15 AM
those who believe in BTC, they think it's precious and will rise again.

But those who don't believe in BTC, it's just bullshit nonsense fantasy
Pages:
Jump to: