Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC is money sais EU court - page 2. (Read 3166 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
October 22, 2015, 11:04:55 AM
no, it is a commodity. i want some blockshares!
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
October 22, 2015, 10:49:17 AM
In my opinion, Bitcoin is some kind of property, because it can be exchanged to any currencies, by this mean, Bitcoin is some kind of property instead of currency.

IRS view bitcoin as a property yet they tax it and it isn't exempt from vat there

i'm lucky that i'm in euro, this is definitely a good news for us, for this alone bitcoin should grow better here

Does bitcoin attract vat in the US or just as a kind of income and you have to pay tax on it?
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
October 22, 2015, 10:22:39 AM
Hip Hip Hurray,no more 23% vat taxfor btc in my country,maybe now merchant what  accept btc will appear
great news
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
October 22, 2015, 10:19:55 AM
In my opinion, Bitcoin is some kind of property, because it can be exchanged to any currencies, by this mean, Bitcoin is some kind of property instead of currency.

IRS view bitcoin as a property yet they tax it and it isn't exempt from vat there

i'm lucky that i'm in euro, this is definitely a good news for us, for this alone bitcoin should grow better here
Activity: 462
October 22, 2015, 10:14:02 AM
According to the Financial Times, the ECJ said that bitcoin transactions "are exempt from VAT under the provision concerning transactions
relating to currency, bank notes and coins used as legal tender."

So it is money.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
October 22, 2015, 10:04:53 AM
Good to hear that. The EU seems to have taken the right decision.
The question is why would Swedish tax authorities want to impose VAT on it?
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
October 22, 2015, 09:50:32 AM

Well, I think they made the right decision. I mean for me any decision of a court which makes holders of Bitcoin feel better is right. )

"Those transactions are exempt from VAT under the provision concerning transactions relating to 'currency, bank notes and coins used as legal tender'," the ECJ concluded.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024
October 22, 2015, 09:49:25 AM

Well ofcourse it is. Bitcoin being a virtual currency has a high value when converted to fiat or real money. My thought is if something has a value that works just like how fiat works it is money.

It's like back when on the ancient times where you use items to do trades, then comes the coins created to trade, until today to the fiat we use to exchange services and other stuffs, we are heading to the part where we use a virtualcoin to trade. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
October 22, 2015, 09:40:37 AM
Well you can Andreas if it is or isn't money. He has been living on Bitcoin for a while now. Member here called Elwar I think, it's also somehow living off Bitcoin. If you get paid in Bitcoin I guess it's really cool and convenient, not so much if you have to buy it. If you have to buy it, you tend to give it a use of more like gold, something you want to hoard, while you keep using fiat for groceries and whatnot.
PS: I still don't understand how taxes with BTC work.
Activity: 896
Merit: 508
October 22, 2015, 09:33:21 AM
Basically every that people would want to exchange for other things is money. Bitcoin however is virtual and cannot be physically regulated by the government and are very hard to trace the transactions.
But I don't understand how the government would regulate it and take taxes from every person...
legendary
Activity: 1399
Merit: 1004
northern exposure
October 22, 2015, 09:23:06 AM
well, is not EU who should tell you what is money and whats not, is the people who decide whats is money and whats not.

ofc that bitcoin is money, you just need two people who accept it as a change.

btw besides it, thats a good news, things are going in a good way.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
October 22, 2015, 09:04:27 AM

Bitcoin is many things. First of all a powerful technology, than also a currency, commodity and who knows for what else will people be using it and what applications will be able to be developed on the top of the Bitcoin blockchain.

Very nice decision for Bitcoin indeed. Once again it is confirmed that EU is the softest toward the Bitcoin of all of the parts of the world. Hope others will follow.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
October 22, 2015, 09:01:36 AM
Just about right, actually. Good thing that the ECJ finally come up with a concrete explanation why bitcoin shouldn't be subjected to consumption taxes. Smiley

I can change my currency to USD without a hassle anytime, too.
Activity: 244
October 22, 2015, 08:22:39 AM

The same can be said about US dollars etc etc.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
BTC > etc
October 22, 2015, 08:21:37 AM
A sensible decision by the ECJ! Hopefully will pave the way for other jurisdictions to reach the same conclusions

And you can't exchange one fiat currency to any another currency? Huh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
October 22, 2015, 08:17:06 AM
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
October 22, 2015, 08:02:07 AM
as i think before,not just a virtual currency
You didn't open the link did you?

This is great. It was about time that someone did something right. Good job EU.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
October 22, 2015, 07:57:23 AM
as i think before,not just a virtual currency
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029
Pages:
Jump to: