Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC is not used for what is meant to be, possible Crash - page 2. (Read 2015 times)

Activity: 615
Merit: 500
even if its somewhat true, its true for every alt to a much higher degree.. so whatever.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
I agree with you. It has to be used. Yet, it is being used already. People buy/sell things. I know it is not equal to the volume, but improving everyday. Especially if there is a prohibition about an item then that item is traded via bitcoin in general.

Big brokers and companies investing in it. I don't see a real danger in short term. Long term, if we want to BTC international currency then we have to sell more via BTC.
It absolutely doesn't need to be used as a currency to be a success,  and its current price proves that.  People don't buy things with it much and yet...we're over $2100.  That speaks for itself.

On an unrelated note,  OP goes on ignore for butchering the english language and voicing ridiculous fears that others have voiced in the past.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
I am worry about that BTC is not being used for the porpouse of is creation, that is being used as a currency, instead is being used as an investment, and is going to crash if is just saved and not used, so the BTC will crash to zero very soon if that does´t change soon.

being used as a currency is like the boost bitcoin can get to reach much higher prices such as $5000+ and stay there not just reach and come back. but if it weren't used for anything other than being an investment the adoption and rise will encounter some problems, some slow downs, but it won't crash. people are still going to invest in it and price will rise and stay up in the long term.

and remember bitcoin is still being used as a currency whether you see it or not!
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
I am worry about that BTC is not being used for the porpouse of is creation, that is being used as a currency, instead is being used as an investment, and is going to crash if is just saved and not used, so the BTC will crash to zero very soon if that does´t change soon.

This is a very simplistic view of where Bitcoin gets its value from. Have you not considered that the reason why Bitcoin is at $2000 is also mostly because of speculation?
Activity: 160
Merit: 100

I don't think there is anything wrong with people saving currency, and I doubt this will make the bitcoins crash. I know that there are already many people that use BTC to make daily purchases and etc, but I also do not think there is anything wrong with people saving their bitcoins and treating it as a stock. People often do this with other international currencies, such as when one invests their money in an appreciating currency.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
I use BTC as currency plenty of the time. I also hold. That being said, if anybody is panicking about the current drop, it's a correction and we've been expecting one for a while. You don't jump hundreds of dollars without a correction. In fact, the value of Bitcoin is artificially scarce and due to this holders and users together create the price. Holding helps keep the price up. Even if this were not true, other coins are even lesser used as currency. At least we have services to purchase from big sites and some sites like Newegg even accept Bitcoin. Can't be said for other coins.
U2
Activity: 676
Merit: 503
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
This is so fucking stupid it's laughable. So if I put $1000 into a savings account and NEVER touch it is it also going to crash? You keep on living paycheque to paycheque while I load up on money that's constantly rising in price. See you in 10 years when I own your condo complex hahaha. Maybe I'll give you a 3% discount on a flat.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I don't know but I have to disagree. If Bitcoin is used in a daily basis just like a typical currency/fiat, would you think that the price of bitcoin will reach the price just like $2000+? No. People treating bitcoin as investment is the reason why we are experiencing this sky high bitcoin price. They hold their btc which adds to the scarcity of bitcoin in the market. Thus, decreasing supply vs. increasing demand leads to what we are seeing today in the price of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Genuine use as a currency, not just the tiptoeing around the peripherals we're seeing now, comes after everything else has been thrashed out. First it needs to be established as a store of value and that comes after a fevered speculative phase.

Having said that when deflation kicks in properly then there'll be even less incentive to spend it than before.
Activity: 24
Merit: 3
I agree with you. It has to be used. Yet, it is being used already. People buy/sell things. I know it is not equal to the volume, but improving everyday. Especially if there is a prohibition about an item then that item is traded via bitcoin in general.

Big brokers and companies investing in it. I don't see a real danger in short term. Long term, if we want to BTC international currency then we have to sell more via BTC.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Pages:
Jump to: