Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC needs the trust of masses - page 2. (Read 1266 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
July 13, 2015, 06:21:25 PM
That basically means that we have to earn their trust. Mt. Gox and Silk Road sure didn't help, but it can be overcome if some of us are willing to take a leadership role. I didn't get into this expecting to be an entrepreneur, but I'm working on something that could make life easier for freelancers who are interested in cryptocurrencies if I can just get it off the ground. If you hear from me over on the Services subforum looking for Wordpress experts, that's me trying to get stuff done.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
July 13, 2015, 06:19:25 PM
Trust.
Trust is work, serious answer ... value is not Trust, it's the users that it build Trust.

http://www.lafkon.net/tc/
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
July 13, 2015, 06:02:03 PM
Recent big fluctuations in bitcoin value are not very much ensuring and encouraging. Bitcoin needs to be stabilized.
Bitcoin community doesn't lack manpower to achieve this goal. I don't know much about how does economy work, but I know BTC community have some great people who can help.
Question is why, after almost 6 years, bitcoin still can't win the trust of people(leaving people connected to computer science). Why it is still unstable ?

Bitcoin does not need to be stabilized. You're calling for interventionism, which is totally wrong. Bitcoin was built to counter interventionism, it's a free currency.

Bitcoin is stable, because it has greatly appreciated in value over the past years. If you are referring to price movements, these will become less severe when Bitcoin's market capitalization and usage has grown significantly. Right now Bitcoin is still in the early adoption phase where a lot of speculation takes place.

The number of people that are trusting Bitcoin is growing every single day. People trust Bitcoin because of the underlying concept (which implies non-interventionism), not because of a promise of non-fluctuation. Bitcoin is a hedge against systemic failure of the fiat money scam. Just be patient and you will see people rushing into BTC soon enough...

ya.ya.yo!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
July 13, 2015, 05:20:22 PM
It's not accepted by the masses because they're most easily manipulated ones. Masses read their media, and mainstream media only talk crap about Bitcoin usually, and they make news relating Bitcoin with Silkroad, busts, and other types of criminal activities... This isn't getting anyone interested in Bitcoin of course!

As I've said in other threads, price fluctuations isn't the worst keeping the masses away, fluctuations can be attenuated by services like BitPay...
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
July 13, 2015, 02:15:01 PM
Recent big fluctuations in bitcoin value are not very much ensuring and encouraging. Bitcoin needs to be stabilized.
Bitcoin community doesn't lack manpower to achieve this goal. I don't know much about how does economy work, but I know BTC community have some great people who can help.
Question is why, after almost 6 years, bitcoin still can't win the trust of people(leaving people connected to computer science). Why it is still unstable ?

A few weeks ago, bitcoin is much stable i think and now the price is start growing.

Well, because people is comfortable to use a fiat than bitcoin, and still more people use it for investment than currency, although bitcoin can both.
And about the wales is exactly effected to the price.

at this point most of the people still see it as investment. but that's changing. more people are using bitcoin now also to buy things. that's only going to increase the comming years.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!
July 13, 2015, 02:05:24 PM

A few weeks ago, bitcoin is much stable i think and now the price is start growing.

Well, because people is comfortable to use a fiat than bitcoin, and still more people use it for investment than currency, although bitcoin can both.
And about the wales is exactly effected to the price.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
July 13, 2015, 10:48:37 AM
If you look at how few people there are who have bitcoin and how much of the bitcoin is owned by whales you will see that there is no way to make i stable. A single whale can break the whole economy if he want.

Not unless he has tens of thousands of coins and also a fat wallet of $$$. You see, the bitcoin ecosystem isn't only comprised of a single whale that would decide bitcoin's price. There are many of them swimming around, playing mind tricks against each other. There is no way that bitcoin's price will be stable for longer than a month, given that there are whales constantly playing with the price.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
July 13, 2015, 10:33:17 AM
If you look at how few people there are who have bitcoin and how much of the bitcoin is owned by whales you will see that there is no way to make i stable. A single whale can break the whole economy if he want.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
July 13, 2015, 10:07:00 AM
well first, for the first 3 years bitcoin was unknown so we should count basically from doge, to consider the life of bitcoin, from the masses point of view

second is a thing that cannot be controlled, whales want to earn more coins and thus they manipulate the price to death
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 13, 2015, 09:44:31 AM
Pages:
Jump to: