Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC sent and confirmed but did not arrive - page 2. (Read 7466 times)

HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
December 11, 2017, 06:19:15 AM
Did you mean 0.18 or 0.018? As far as I can see here: https://blockchain.info/tx/a679bce4467685dd0b60aa4619242835fc8a7bf7afa3c416aecc9dd8a3bd4db6 , you only sent 0.018? Huh

If you meant 0.018, then they are either lying to you... or their wallet is broken. You can clearly see that their address has received 0.018 BTC and the transaction is confirmed.

If you meant to send 0.18 then you made a mistake! Tongue Roll Eyes
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
December 11, 2017, 03:45:39 AM
Hi I think I have the same issue. I send 0.18 btc on this address 1FxghX293UxBbxnZwRHvnSmJxLxxp5jjWw
The blockchain shows confirmations but it didn't appear on their end.
a679bce4467685dd0b60aa4619242835fc8a7bf7afa3c416aecc9dd8a3bd4db6 tx id
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
November 29, 2015, 10:52:35 PM

So your address is : 19zYbGwxFjokYQMPftvEijCBQWEsnJV7Ne and you sent to 1NRuicKk5Hk8addVjVVfZcaxE1y9FNjUkk ?
If it's the case then as I said the problem should be on the receiver part (client not sync with the network) or he is actually lying about it , because this is a proof that his address does contain the bitcoin that you sent : https://blockchain.info/fr/address/1NRuicKk5Hk8addVjVVfZcaxE1y9FNjUkk (If it's his address) .

correct: this is my address and the receiver address i sent btc. the receiver claims that he did not receive for 100%.

Is it possible that you accidentally sent to the wrong address?  Are you certain that the address that the receiver told you to send to is 1NRuicKk5Hk8addVjVVfZcaxE1y9FNjUkk?

Is it possible that you sent the wrong amount of bitcoins?  Are you certain that the amount of bitcoins that you agreed to send was 0.33319215 BTC?

If the receiver told you to send 0.33319215 BTC to 1NRuicKk5Hk8addVjVVfZcaxE1y9FNjUkk, then the receiver has received their bitcoins.  They either have a problem with their own wallet that they need to fix, or they are lying to you.  That address has received 0.33319215 BTC on 2015-11-28 at 17:56:19 UTC.

OP, there exist viruses that check the clipboard for bitcoin addresses and change the address you have copied in clipboard. That might have happened on your side or on the side of the seller. So always check the first and last signs of the address you use, best to check some digits in between too.

Oh crap i never though of that. Seriously. Thats hella clever and low profile. I always check the first and last bits of the address i paste, for different reasons. I'd now recommend to anyone to start doing it now as an acquired automatism, just for that.

Also use two way firewalls.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:04:30 PM

So your address is : 19zYbGwxFjokYQMPftvEijCBQWEsnJV7Ne and you sent to 1NRuicKk5Hk8addVjVVfZcaxE1y9FNjUkk ?
If it's the case then as I said the problem should be on the receiver part (client not sync with the network) or he is actually lying about it , because this is a proof that his address does contain the bitcoin that you sent : https://blockchain.info/fr/address/1NRuicKk5Hk8addVjVVfZcaxE1y9FNjUkk (If it's his address) .

correct: this is my address and the receiver address i sent btc. the receiver claims that he did not receive for 100%.

Is it possible that you accidentally sent to the wrong address?  Are you certain that the address that the receiver told you to send to is 1NRuicKk5Hk8addVjVVfZcaxE1y9FNjUkk?

Is it possible that you sent the wrong amount of bitcoins?  Are you certain that the amount of bitcoins that you agreed to send was 0.33319215 BTC?

If the receiver told you to send 0.33319215 BTC to 1NRuicKk5Hk8addVjVVfZcaxE1y9FNjUkk, then the receiver has received their bitcoins.  They either have a problem with their own wallet that they need to fix, or they are lying to you.  That address has received 0.33319215 BTC on 2015-11-28 at 17:56:19 UTC.

OP, there exist viruses that check the clipboard for bitcoin addresses and change the address you have copied in clipboard. That might have happened on your side or on the side of the seller. So always check the first and last signs of the address you use, best to check some digits in between too.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:02:33 PM
OP: whom are you paying to? A forum member? A company? Please post the message, screen or whatever you have when the payment address and the value to pay are published.

What does "he did not receive for 100%" mean exactly? Is it possible you sent slightly less than you had to? If you're dealing with a system/website it's possible it just shows that message even if 99.9% is paid.

That screen with the address and amount will help.

It might be possible that he sent form an exchange. Only in bitcoin land we have the fact that some exchanges think it is a wise idea to withdraw the fees, the exchange takes for withdraws, from the actual amount someone wants to withdraw. Imagine you going on the ATM to get your fiat cash, you need $100, you enter the amount and you receive... $99, because the ATM take $1 as fee. That's plain stupid but normal behaviour on bitcoin exchanges.

Another thing that might be possible is that the receiver awaited a certain amount of bitcoins he mentioned in USD or another fiat currency. Now the sender had another exchange rate and the seller does not think the amount if right.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
November 29, 2015, 01:13:48 PM
It looks like the receiver try to scam you
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
November 29, 2015, 01:09:08 PM
Concerning the blockchain and the transaction given the receiver should received the amount sent from you, especially if the wallet address is right as noticed in the blockchain
So most likemy the received tried to scam you and he is lying about the info that he didn't received this amount
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615
November 29, 2015, 10:31:21 AM

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469
https://Ecua.Mobi
November 29, 2015, 09:55:16 AM
OP: whom are you paying to? A forum member? A company? Please post the message, screen or whatever you have when the payment address and the value to pay are published.

What does "he did not receive for 100%" mean exactly? Is it possible you sent slightly less than you had to? If you're dealing with a system/website it's possible it just shows that message even if 99.9% is paid.

That screen with the address and amount will help.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
November 29, 2015, 09:51:28 AM

I'd consider that person to be either trying to scam you or gave you another address by mistake. You have the blockchain proof regardless, so in both situations its not your fault.
[/quote]

If it indeed turns out to be a scam attempt, then the receiver is quite dumb since the blockchain is open for every one to follow and see what happens. The most likely scenario is that the receiver's client is behind with the blocks.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1003
4 Mana 7/7
November 29, 2015, 09:28:12 AM

[/quote]
I'd consider that person to be either trying to scam you or gave you another address by mistake. You have the blockchain proof regardless, so in both situations its not your fault.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
November 29, 2015, 09:26:37 AM

[/quote]

staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
November 29, 2015, 09:14:34 AM
If the transaction you made is confirmed on your client and your on the blockchain as-well , this means that the problem come from the receiver , It's that simple .
But just to make sure , please post the addresses and TX ID and ask the receiver what wallet (and what version of the wallet) is he using .

thank you for the reply

here is the link of the blockchain info about the transaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx-index/942c6b7c086916c5bb818fc17f62e3f4188280ac2fe91f2f88cd8ae7119c8d6b

does it help?

November 29, 2015, 09:11:50 AM
If the transaction you made is confirmed on your client and your on the blockchain as-well , this means that the problem come from the receiver , It's that simple .
But just to make sure , please post the addresses and TX ID and ask the receiver what wallet (and what version of the wallet) is he using .

thank you for the reply

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/942c6b7c086916c5bb818fc17f62e3f4188280ac2fe91f2f88cd8ae7119c8d6b

does it help?
November 29, 2015, 09:05:03 AM
hi to all!

i am new here and face a problem that i cannot solve. so i thought i ask you to tell me what could be done:

i use multibit hd wallet and yesterday i sent btc to another wallet. the transaction was confirmed by 121 blocks and the status shows that it was sent. but the receiver said that nothing attived.

when i check the details i can see following message in the payment request details section: "This Transaction did not pay bitcoins to any payment request" - what does that mean exactly? does this have any importance for my problem?

i also checked the details on blockchain info. here i can see the word (unspent/not used) next to the wallet address of the receiver.

from my site it looks that all is done correctly. but receiver says that he did not receive.

what is the problem? why it is somehow stuck? what can i do now? i checked in the help section of multibit and tried different things. i even deinstalled and reinstallted it from my computer. but the result is still the same. receiver says he did not get.

i hope someone of you guys can help me and tell me what i need to do.

thank you very much in advance.

thank you guys for the replies for now.

does it help?
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
November 29, 2015, 08:15:17 AM
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
November 29, 2015, 08:10:31 AM
The best is to post the address here in this thread so I can look into it. But as you say everything went right and it has 121 confirmations, then it's most likely that the person who received the transaction doesn't have an updated client. Tell him if he has synchronized all blocks till this date.

If the client that he is using is not up 2 date, then the transaction most likely won't show up untill it has synced everything till the time that transaction was sent/confirmed.
November 29, 2015, 07:31:20 AM
hi to all!

i am new here and face a problem that i cannot solve. so i thought i ask you to tell me what could be done:

i use multibit hd wallet and yesterday i sent btc to another wallet. the transaction was confirmed by 121 blocks and the status shows that it was sent. but the receiver said that nothing attived.

when i check the details i can see following message in the payment request details section: "This Transaction did not pay bitcoins to any payment request" - what does that mean exactly? does this have any importance for my problem?

i also checked the details on blockchain info. here i can see the word (unspent/not used) next to the wallet address of the receiver.

from my site it looks that all is done correctly. but receiver says that he did not receive.

what is the problem? why it is somehow stuck? what can i do now? i checked in the help section of multibit and tried different things. i even deinstalled and reinstallted it from my computer. but the result is still the same. receiver says he did not get.

i hope someone of you guys can help me and tell me what i need to do.

thank you very much in advance.
Pages:
Jump to: