Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC stuck in Electrum multi-sig (will pay $1k reward) - page 3. (Read 431 times)

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1367

When I try to sign a transaction with Electrum (and then sign + broadcast with Trezor One), it won't work because of the error "DataError: Expected input with amount".
Hmm... Interesting. It appears that this is what it returns during an improper signing. Checking on github (#L134), there's a condition that isn't met (coin.force_bip143 or tx.overwintered).

There is also part (https://github.com/trezor/trezor-firmware/blob/master/legacy/firmware/signing.c):
Code:
if (!tx->inputs[0].has_amount) {
        fsm_sendFailure(FailureType_Failure_DataError,
                        _("Expected input with amount"));
        signing_abort();
        return;
      }

Is it possible that you selected several inputs and at least one of them is empty?

Also, as mentioned, I'm willing to pay $1k of BTC to whoever can help me fix this issue
We'll need more context to help you. I believe that it's easier to make Electrum detect your Ledger Nano S than the former, so let's focus on that.
I think so.

First at all - did you update firmware on both hardware wallets?

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
Do not give any wallet files to any “helpful” users who'll reach you via PM. If their intention is to really help you, they'll talk with you in here.

When I try to sign a transaction with Electrum (and then sign + broadcast with Ledger Nano S), it won't work because Electrum won't detect the Ledger Nano S.
Why does that happen? When you made the setup, didn't it detect it?

When I try to sign a transaction with Electrum (and then sign + broadcast with Trezor One), it won't work because of the error "DataError: Expected input with amount".
Hmm... Interesting. It appears that this is what it returns during an improper signing. Checking on github (#L134), there's a condition that isn't met (coin.force_bip143 or tx.overwintered).

Also, as mentioned, I'm willing to pay $1k of BTC to whoever can help me fix this issue
We'll need more context to help you. I believe that it's easier to make Electrum detect your Ledger Nano S than the former, so let's focus on that.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
I don't think this issue is related with Electrum wallet, and I suspect that Ledger or Trezor may cause this error because they are known to have bad multisig support,
on one of them you can't construct multisig or address can't be verified on this devices.
You can try contacting their slow support or write your issue on their reddit or github pages, and update all devices with latest firmware.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
Have you installed the firmware for your ledger nano s? Normally there's a driver or something you have to install to get it to work, ledger will likely have it on their website.

This link contain info on installing the ledger firmware: https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002731113-Update-Ledger-Nano-S-firmware?docs=true
This is then the one for connecting the ledger to electrum (just in case you get a problem): https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005161925-Set-up-and-use-Electrum?docs=true

When I try to sign a transaction with Electrum (and then sign + broadcast with Ledger Nano S), it won't work because Electrum won't detect the Ledger Nano S.

Which OS do you have? Newer than 10.14? Does Nano S works correctly with Ledger Live?

They did say they were using Mac.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1367

Which OS version do you have? Newer than 10.14? Does Nano S works correctly with Ledger Live?
Activity: 7
Merit: 31
Hi there,

I have some BTC stuck in an Electrum multi-sig that I setup a couple of years ago.

The wallet is set up as a 2/3 multi-sig wallet, with #1 being Electrum, #2 being Trezor One, and #3 being Ledger Nano S.

I am on Mac and using Electrum 3.3.8.

(I tried updating to the most recent Electrum version, and it didn't work either. I think that's because according to the release notes, after 3.3.8 something changed with the Electrum partial transaction format - which I'm guessing applies to multi-sig transactions).

^ Release notes (see under Release 4.0.1 - (July 3, 2020): https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/blob/master/RELEASE-NOTES

Please let me know if there's any other information I could provide to fix this. I would be forever grateful to whoever can help.

Thank you!
Pages:
Jump to: