Pages:
Author

Topic: [BTC-TC] IPO Details for BTC-GROWTH - page 2. (Read 6457 times)

Activity: 745
Merit: 501
August 15, 2013, 01:25:11 PM
You have to understand that there is too much con-artists borrowing the identity of respectable persons to conduct scams. It's fine if you don't wish to provide your ID, but having a forum/exchange mod confirm it would be necessary.

Look at the "Moderator Votes" section at https://btct.co/security/BTC-GROWTH

Moderators are merely people holding 10 shares of the exchange, which qualifies them to vote on assets. Current cost of 10 shares: 3400 LTC or 86.088 BTC
BTCT.co moderators are in no way official/trusted by the exchange. They are merely shareholders of the exchange.

The host IP being the same for btcgrowth.com as the other websites is the best proof of identity available currently, as far as I'm concerned.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
August 15, 2013, 01:17:05 PM
You have to understand that there is too much con-artists borrowing the identity of respectable persons to conduct scams. It's fine if you don't wish to provide your ID, but having a forum/exchange mod confirm it would be necessary.

Look at the "Moderator Votes" section at https://btct.co/security/BTC-GROWTH
Activity: 745
Merit: 501
August 15, 2013, 01:08:58 PM
You'll have a drop a note on your website, http://psychologicalinvestor.com/ so people can believe it is really you.
You're account in this forum is too new, and lacks trust for an IPO. (which would put on hold my investment plan)

Please read the FAQ: I have no intention of attempting to prove anything to anybody except for demonstrating my identity to forum admins or exchange moderators on request, which I have already done.

If you do not trust the exchange moderator who verified my identity, then you should not participate in the fund.

You have to understand that there is too much con-artists borrowing the identity of respectable persons to conduct scams. It's fine if you don't wish to provide your ID, but having a forum/exchange mod confirm it would be necessary. Copying a website layout is easy, so is claiming to be someone or that someone verified you. Hence why people ask for more.

As a side note for anyone who didn't look it up, mulhauset.net/psychologicalinvestor.com and btcgrowth.com are all hosted on the same IP and have the same nameservers provider
mulhauser.net IP: 199.38.86.49 (Nameservers: dnsmadeeasy.com)
psychologicalinvestor.com IP: 199.38.86.49 (Nameservers: dnsmadeeasy.com)
btcgrowth.com IP: 199.38.86.49 (Nameservers: dnsmadeeasy.com)
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
August 15, 2013, 11:42:20 AM
Aaaaand 600+ for sale under the asking already! Someone make a bad buy?
Activity: 330
Merit: 255
August 15, 2013, 09:15:14 AM
Had my order in yesterday. I just wish I had more bitcoin to invest at the moment, I'm extremely impressed with this fund and I am excited for the future. Good luck, Dr. Mulhauser!

Many thanks for your support -- I appreciate it!
August 15, 2013, 09:14:37 AM
Will the tranches released after the IPO be at .1 btc or higher?

During the IPO itself, the only sell orders entered directly from the fund will be at .1 BTC; I'll release more during the next day or two at the same price should the first tranche be exhausted.

The section of the listing document headed "Subscriptions and Redemptions" explains how purchases and sales will be handled subsequent to the IPO, at a discount/premium to NAV, respectively.
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
August 15, 2013, 09:13:47 AM
I'm pretty sure they're going to be at .1 because he phrased it like so all the people who wanted to get in on the IPO could do so, which I think would mean at the IPO price.

Will how fast they sell out determine whether or not another tranche is necessary?
legendary
Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000
news.8btc.com
August 15, 2013, 09:12:44 AM
Should be a little bit higher to make "early birds" happy.
legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001
August 15, 2013, 08:52:42 AM
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 15, 2013, 08:32:09 AM
We're now underway!  Smiley

Many thanks to all those who have already begun participating; somewhere around 4500 shares have traded hands within the first 5 minutes.

Had my order in yesterday. I just wish I had more bitcoin to invest at the moment, I'm extremely impressed with this fund and I am excited for the future. Good luck, Dr. Mulhauser!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
August 15, 2013, 08:30:09 AM
almost half sold in the first half hour. woah.
August 15, 2013, 08:06:58 AM
We're now underway!  Smiley

Many thanks to all those who have already begun participating; somewhere around 4500 shares have traded hands within the first 5 minutes.
Activity: 196
August 15, 2013, 08:04:53 AM
so we doing this? it is 1pm UK now, lets go! unlock it

You posted that just as I was watching the sales happen lol
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
August 15, 2013, 08:01:38 AM
so we doing this? it is 1pm UK now, lets go! unlock it
Activity: 196
August 14, 2013, 08:27:31 AM
For folks who didn't notice, please be aware there is a separate discussion thread for general questions or comments about the fund. This thread is intended to be solely for information about the mechanics of Thursday 15 August.

There is also a detailed listing document on the exchange itself; if you have a question or a comment to make, please be considerate to other users and read the document first to see if your question is answered there or to see if your comment coheres with the facts of how the fund is organised.

Last but not least, as I mentioned earlier, I will be out of the office today.

what is the link to the separate discussion

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/btc-tc-btc-growth-capital-growth-via-hedge-fund-style-investing-266828
August 14, 2013, 08:09:30 AM

3. Fees: 2%(base)+20% (from profits) is way too high IMO. I guess I would skip this opportunity.

This is pretty standard in hedge fund land, but hedge funds haven't been getting this since 2007

the risk sharing model has been more attractive, where the manager only profits when the fund's positions profit

there hasn't been a single fund in bitcoin land that has demonstrated massive returns, and in the securities market, things have been too illiquid for a fund of massive size to replicate the returns of the securities there
August 14, 2013, 08:07:47 AM
For folks who didn't notice, please be aware there is a separate discussion thread for general questions or comments about the fund. This thread is intended to be solely for information about the mechanics of Thursday 15 August.

There is also a detailed listing document on the exchange itself; if you have a question or a comment to make, please be considerate to other users and read the document first to see if your question is answered there or to see if your comment coheres with the facts of how the fund is organised.

what is the link to the separate discussion
August 14, 2013, 06:13:43 AM

Activity: 709
Gridcoin Foundation
August 14, 2013, 05:56:20 AM
Fees: 2%(base)+20% (from profits) is way too high IMO.

definitely!
Activity: 203
August 14, 2013, 05:47:22 AM
1. The user "Dr Greg Mulhauser" is confirmed to be the real one, the operator of the site.
1.a "If you do not trust the exchange moderator"...
Of course I do not trust. Why should I ?
2. I prefer "hedge company" vs. "hedge fund", so that the manager invests his own money with us, small investors
The reason is: risk sharing. The "boss" aka "manager" aka "general partner" should risk his own ass (personal equity).
3. Fees: 2%(base)+20% (from profits) is way too high IMO. I guess I would skip this opportunity.

I guess (much) lower fees and the fact that the manager puts his own money down on the table will push me to invest.
(This is the reason I never invest in any type of funds to begin with... only in stock companies, except if required by law, such as pension fund)
Pages:
Jump to: